• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Based on the reviews and some feedback I jumped on the Vertx Gamut (figuratively speaking).

I should hopefully get it later this week.

I'll be posting my North Face and my Maxpedition packs if this fits the bill.

Thanks for the review and video.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#22 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

SwatDawg Now that I have my Gamut, I'm very curious about your modifications... can you detail them a little bit? 

I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by DStevenson, 29 May 2014 - 04:39 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#23 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

The gamut and its bigger brother are both on dvor.com... I'm really really wanting to get one right now instead of waiting like I planned to.

Is there anything keeping the laptop in its slot? or does it bounce around?

Edited by DeathwatchDoc, 29 May 2014 - 05:54 PM.

89BccLb.png

#24 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

That is hilarious (NOT).  They list it on Dvor (which I've been pimping for a while) quite literally the day following my purchase from Vertx.

I paid $169.99 with a 20% discount code... Dvor has them for $125.00.. DAMNIT!

To answer your question DeathwatchDoc, from what I recall it does not have anything to fasten the laptop down, but the entire interior is a soft felt which would accept a velcro (hook portion) tab to hold it in place... come to think of it, it may even come with one and it was not until now that it dawned on me what that tab was for.

#25 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

On the plus side, I did sign up for Dvor with your referral link. So if I do break down and buy something, you'll at least get credit for me.

89BccLb.png

#26 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

SwatDawg Now that I have my Gamut, I'm very curious about your modifications... can you detail them a little bit? 

I would greatly appreciate it.

I responded to a comment on the Youtube page which gives a little better detail about how I made the modifications.  But I've been asked about it a few times now.  I'm thinking that I may just do a youtube video regarding the mods to better explain myself.  But I'm so damn swamped right now that I haven't had the time.

• Jersey0311 likes this

NoTMZyB.png

#27 sas099

sas099

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

I picked up one last night on DVOR.  Pretty good deal.  I am sure they'll have them again if you missed it.

Thank you for the video.  Very cool. 

#28 irishAlpha

irishAlpha

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

i take it DVOR doesn't have them anymore cause i can't find the gamut on there. so sad, i was ready to pull the trigger on one today! 

#29 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

They reappear from time to time, most recently about a week and a half ago. So just be patient and stalk DVOR and you'll get a chance at it. Be aware that it is not always in a Vertx sale, last time I saw them it was in a "everything for dressing in black" sale.

89BccLb.png

#30 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, best bet on dvor is to access Vertx in the "brand" menu.  As of today there isn't any Vertx listed, but as mentioned they appear fairly often.  

NoTMZyB.png

#31 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

I will try to remember to post a heads up in here when I see them on DVOR again, but I can't promise anything.

Oh and here: http://www.dvor.com/vertx-brand.html

Edited by DeathwatchDoc, 16 July 2014 - 03:50 PM.
Added link

89BccLb.png

#32 irishAlpha

irishAlpha

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

Yeah, best bet on dvor is to access Vertx in the "brand" menu.  As of today there isn't any Vertx listed, but as mentioned they appear fairly often.  

did you ever get a chance to upload a video of your mods that you had done to the bag? as many have said, I'm very interested in what you did to it.

#33 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

No, I haven't.  There's just not enough hours in the day for such things.  I still plan on doing one; but life keeps getting in the way.  I'll be sure to post something here as soon as that day comes though.

NoTMZyB.png

#34 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Vertx Gamut and Gamut Plus are both currently available on dvor.com for great discounts.  Looks like the sale lasts through the weekend.

http://www.dvor.com/vertx-brand.html

NoTMZyB.png

#35 tdbarge

tdbarge

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNOVA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Vertx Gamut and Gamut Plus are both currently available on dvor.com for great discounts.  Looks like the sale lasts through the weekend.

http://www.dvor.com/vertx-brand.html

Hoping these come back up in the next couple weeks, need to pick up a better bag for hauling textbooks and other "things" around the sinister hallways of a college campus, haha. 

#36 Superman

Superman

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 126 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

The bags are back up on dvor.com.  I picked one up this time around...unfortunately it says "ships in 4 weeks" :(

Also use coupon code "10off" to get $10 off...

Edited by Superman, 15 August 2014 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

#37 Superman

Superman

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 126 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

The bags are back up on dvor.com.  I picked one up this time around...unfortunately it says "ships in 4 weeks" :(

Also use coupon code "10off" to get $10 off...

I got my shipping notification today...so that ended up being 4 days, not 4 weeks :headbang:

Posted Image

#38 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

I think they meant 4 weeks, give or take 4 weeks.

• Superman likes this

#39 x2humbucker

x2humbucker

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

Alrighty, it's been a while since any one has posted in this thread so I am sorry for resurrecting it. I am looking at getting a Gamut, but I have a few questions

1) Does anyone have any feedback on the pack after extended use?
2) Is the plus worth it for the extra space or is the regular good?

#40 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

I have the regular size and it's been more than enough for my needs but then again I'm not using it for anything more than a day pack.  Even the regular bag is still pretty sizable.

I've had mine maybe a year now and it's holding up very well... I'd go as far to say it looks as good as new.  The Maxpedition pack I had before this is what I would consider a rugged bag and this one is so far on par.

• x2humbucker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users