12 replies to this topic

#1 bmac207

bmac207

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maine

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

I scoured the forums everywhere trying to find a topic about what guys were using for their duty/range holster. I found a few specific company topics like G Code and Raven. But am wondering what you guys are using for a duty/range owb holster. I have a Glock 17 Gen4 with and Streamlight TLR-1 HL and am up in the air about a holster, I know I can google search and find a billion answeres to this but I want to see what you guys recommend and what you use. Thanks!

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Well, at the moment I use a G-Code XST mounted on a G-Code DLS panel. In the future I plan on getting a Safariland for when I get a weaponlight.

There's all kinds of great options though. G-Code makes the SOC series which is compatible to weaponlights, and you can change a fairing on it if you change weaponlights.

There's also Safariland, and they have top if the line holsters.

One of the members here works at Blade Tech, so he'd be able to chime in some good options from them.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

We (Blade Tech) do have several light bearing options. But for duty style holsters, I prefer the Safariland ALS

#4 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

I use an OWB holster from Off the Grid Concepts. It's a great holster and their customer service is outstanding.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#5 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

I have a OWB concealed carry leather holster from a custom leather guy I found online.. don't know the name off the top of my head but I'd go with him again if I could track it down.

I also have an OWB Raven Concealment Kydex holster for my M&P full size and I'm not 100% sold on it.  I think it's the Kydex that I just can't get comfortable with.  It's awfully noisy and unforgiving.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#6 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

I scoured the forums everywhere trying to find a topic about what guys were using for their duty/range holster. I found a few specific company topics like G Code and Raven. But am wondering what you guys are using for a duty/range owb holster. I have a Glock 17 Gen4 with and Streamlight TLR-1 HL and am up in the air about a holster, I know I can google search and find a billion answeres to this but I want to see what you guys recommend and what you use. Thanks!

http://www.lapoliceg...on-holster.html

I run this holster (have about a half dozen) on all my OWB setups. I have Kydex as well, but 90% of the time I run this. The only time I don't run this holster is when it isn't made for the gun.

You want model # 6379-832-411

It's the G17 w/ X200/300, TLR-1 model

I fucking LOVE this holster. Seriously. If the belt clip isn't for you, they make a paddle attachment as well. I've even CCW'd with this holster, and while it rides a little low, it's nothing a proper shirt can't fix.

Edited by Jersey0311, 24 February 2014 - 08:26 AM.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#7 bmac207

bmac207

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maine

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Thanks guys for all the great recommendations, I will look into the Safariland ALS. I know a few guys that have them for guns without weapon lights, I'll see how they fair. I appreciate the input and I'll let you know which one I end up going with, thanks again!

#8 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

As far as a duty style holster goes, IMHO Safariland is second to none the best and most proven choice out there, so if you go with them I'm sure you will not be disappointed. 

I personally prefer the SLS model holsters, similar to this one: http://www.holsters....s/model6280.asp

Edited by Davis, 25 February 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#9 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Bladetech WRS is pretty solid I use them for bot my glock 34 and glock 20 both with TLR-1s mounted.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#10 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 341 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

Raven Concealment is my OWB holster choice.

Posted Image

#11 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

I dont always go OWB but when i do i perfer Safariland ALS.

• DirtyTrigger likes this
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

#12 tremis

tremis

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

I'm going to second Raven Concealment. Those guys are great. And if you ever want an IWB, you are a few straps away from it with the same holster. I try a few other things now and again, and I still end up back at RCS.

The Quick Mount Straps are also a huge plus for those of us that wear belts with a cobra buckle. No need to take the buckle off to put the holster on makes them worth their weight in gold.

#13 davebcarr

davebcarr

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 89 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

I use a Raven Concealment also, kydex seems to have a break in period from what i can tell but after some use its great. Like tremis said you can set it up for IWB without much trouble. I just picked up a DSG apha for a tlr-1 but havent had a chance to use it enough yet but it also seems like a solid choice for the price.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: holster, owb, range, duty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users