#1 BehringMade

BehringMade

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hey gang,

This is my first post and I just want to say that I'm looking forward to getting into the ITS Tactical community and maybe getting to meet some of you at various shows around the US. I've been in Missoula, Montana for about three years making my own knives and prior I was working for my dad, Jim Behring of Treeman Knives back in Michigan. For years I've been hand forging and making custom cutlery by hand, but this last December I finally entered into the combat/tactical knife world with the Behring Technical line, and I designed these six knives to meet the various "1st Line" knife demands. I only just released this line, and I've already got three or four more smaller EDC designs in the works as we speak. Check out the first draft of the Behring Technicals and feel free to hit me with any questions/comments.

Thanks,

James Behring

Attached File  DSCN2846.JPG   113.79KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN2857.JPG   135.19KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN2864.JPG   132.47KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN2868.JPG   125.82KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN2873.JPG   137.58KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN2879.JPG   131.5KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN2884.JPG   145.2KB   0 downloads

Edited by BehringMade, 12 March 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#2 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Those are some nice looking knives! Well done and welcome to ITS! On the kydex sheaths, is that leather looking band for decoration or is it a belt loop?

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#3 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

Those are some great looking knives!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#4 BehringMade

BehringMade

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Thanks guys. The leather is punched through on the other for belt slots, but we've also been outfitting some of our work with Molle and Tecloc attachments too, like these guys below.

This hand forged Tactical Pack Hatchet has the Molle attachment on the back of it, and below are two of the pancake style upgrades available with the Tech Line and these guys have the Teclocs on them.

tumblr_n1xbucMOnW1s7jw1vo4_500.jpg

tumblr_n2dz527mC91s7jw1vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2dz527mC91s7jw1vo4_1280.jpg

#5 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

I want one of everything! Awesome idea with the Teclocs

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#6 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

I love knives, but I am not a "knife guy" like I am a gun guy, but I must say, these knives, they make me want to become a knife guy. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#7 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'm digging that tanto. How much does that knife cost?

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#8 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Great looking blades!

#9 SONCanEDC

SONCanEDC

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthern ontario canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

My fixed blade is a Cold steel Recon Tanto,Aus 8A stainless 3\16 thick blade has so far handled anything I have thrown at it.I follow up with a Recon 1 half serrated folder.I either mount on backpack strap or horizontal mount on small of back,also added some camoform for extra grip.Second Recon mounts on belt with adjustable self made thigh "rig".Love the Recon Tanto so much i got the second just because.

Attached Files

#10 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

That ranger green Tanto in the second picture is a work of art!

• mangeface likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#11 SONCanEDC

SONCanEDC

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthern ontario canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

I wish to start off by saying I enjoy being a member of the ITS forum,the mission statement and sharing of ideas and information is invaluable,and just may one day save my life.Now on to this post.The Cold Steel Recon Tanto is one of my fav blades I own.It has been used on land and underwater for snorkel time fun(one time saving my life after being tangled in an old anchor rope)by myself for a number of years now.I own 2 one stays in my edc bag and the other in my Kifaru xray for whatever nature throws at me while at work.The edc recon has recently had a Tek Lok installed with some modification needed in way of shaving some excess material off sheath.Also a note that Tek Lok would win extra points for myself if they included some longer hardware screws,which seems to be a common issue with other folks I know as well.And I know the Zeke patch may be cheeseball gimmick to some,however I feel if you can survive in times of the undead then the same training and situational and tactical knowledge will transfer to a civil,natural,or manmade disaster

Attached Files

#12 BehringMade

BehringMade

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

I'm digging that tanto. How much does that knife cost?

We call this guy the Behring Technical Bushido. The one pictured is outfitted with our custom Jim Bridger hand tooled grip, pancake style kydex and that tecloc that keeps getting mentioned. With all these upgrades this specific Bushido retails $465, but if you're military it's worth letting us know....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users