5 replies to this topic

#1 aceman

aceman

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

I've been looking for over a year to find a Kelty Map 3500 foilage green backpack. Apparently they don't make them in that color anymore. Does anyone have and suggestions or knowledge of where to find one? I would like new, but I would also buy used. From the research Iv'e done they are some of the best assault packs out there.

Thank you

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

My best advice is if it isn't made anymore, scour ebay. I've bought a ton of gear that was no longer in production off of that website.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 Scuba CN

Scuba CN

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

From what I understand the Kelty MAP 3500 was specifically made for Amron Intl. Right now they've got four color options, with the "Ocean Grey" appearing closest to what you're looking for (although they did used to have a Foliage Green option). If that's not what you want then eBay is probably your only bet since Amazon has the same "OG" listed.

Link to amron: Kelty MAP 3500 Ocean Grey

In any case, it looks like a darn nice pack and I'm planning on getting a couple in the next few months as a more petite option compared to my Kelty Redwing 3500 circa-2010.

P.S. Welcome to ITS. Don't forget to post an intro HERE (clicky).

Edited by Scuba CN, 13 March 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#4 aceman

aceman

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

Thank you! Yeah I figured Im just going to have to wait it out on ebay until something becomes available. Pain in the ass. Ocean Grey is a cool option tho... Im considering it.

#5 widowsson

widowsson

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

I have a foilage one.  It is used but most 95% of that use has been riding in my trunk as a GHB.  I bought it about 6 years ago, from AMron.  If you are interested let me know. BTW the older foilage ones have Black straps and bottom.

WS

#6 widowsson

widowsson

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

EDIT:  Looks like mine may actually be "Sage" not Foilage......anyway its available if you need one.

WS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EDC, bug out bag, survival pack, tactical pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users