• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rfkrocktk

rfkrocktk

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

Thankfully, I have quite a lot of pockets and storage space for all of my various EDC needs. However, organizing my stuff is proving to be quite a feat and I'd like to be able to comfortably carry quite a lot more in an efficient and organized manner.

uWnkBQ4.jpg

Pockets 1 and 2 are deep external pockets, probably as long as a checkbook. Pockets 3 and 4 are deep internal pockets, probably just as long as 1 and 2.

I'm currently not carrying much, as you can see from my pocket dumps, but these things are currently just floating around in these big pockets and get kind of annoying.

What do you guys do to keep strange odds-and-ends like these organized in your pockets? 

With something like this (if it were designed to fit in my pockets), I could fit all of this and more comfortably organized in one of my pockets:

234_xlarge.jpg

If only they made them for pockets...

#2 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

... Or you could just make your own.  http://itstactical.c...anizer/?hl=grid

NoTMZyB.png

#3 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

http://www.hrknives....-edc-organizer/  Maybe see if one of the maxpedition EDC organizers would fit in the pocket.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#4 rfkrocktk

rfkrocktk

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

So I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go with two of these for the interior vest pockets:

3507B_detail.jpg

http://www.maxpediti...zer-26p1515.htm

They're velcro-backed, so if I wanted to get really hacky, I could stitch a velcro insert to the inside of the vest on both sides and double the interior storage. For now, just having these internally to organize the odds and ends will be a massive improvement over everything just roaming and free-floating in the pockets. 

As for the external pockets, I'll have to give them some thought. I could probably comfortably fit everything pictured above into just one of these, so with two I'll see what I'll be able to fit and what else I'll want to put in there. I may consider rocking my own elastic loop holster (thanks for the links!) for the external pockets, but I'm thinking I'll use at least one of them for basic first-aid on the go:

• Allergy Pills (Zyrtek-esque daily pills along with Benadryll for more pressing situations)
  • Pain Relievers (Acitometaphin, Ibuprofen, etc.)
  • Digestion Relief (Immodium, Pepto-Bismol in pill-form, Ranitidine, etc.)
  • Various (e.g. Caffeine pills( 

For those of you with general first aid medications in your EDCs, how do you make it happen, and what would you recommend for my situation? I'm primarily looking for something flexible and not rigid so as to be able to put it in one of these vest pockets. 

#5 victorgolf

victorgolf

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

That hook and loop mini organizer is great!

I carry the below in a small waterproof case, probably would be a little bulky in your vest though.

1. Ibuprofen (hate getting headaches when I'm on the nove)
  2. Loperamide (for treating Diarrhea)
  3. Buccastem (anti-nausea)

The only issue I found was the foil on the back of blister packs would always break (mainly because they aren't packed tight), especially if my edc bag was getting slammed around a lot, and then sometimes even with just normal use.

I had a few old Avery self laminating sheets lying around, so i just sat the blister packs on those and cut around them, I now have unbreakable foil, so when I want to use a tablet I just break out my

EDC knife and snip the top off the blister pack.

Edited by vinceggaspar, 23 March 2014 - 06:24 PM.

Untitled.png

#6 rfkrocktk

rfkrocktk

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

That hook and loop mini organizer is great!

I carry the below in a small waterproof case, probably would be a little bulky in your vest though.

1. Ibuprofen (hate getting headaches when I'm on the nove)
  2. Loperamide (for treating Diarrhea)
  3. Buccastem (anti-nausea)

The only issue I found was the foil on the back of blister packs would always break (mainly because they aren't packed tight), especially if my edc bag was getting slammed around a lot, and then sometimes even with just normal use.

I had a few old Avery self laminating sheets lying around, so i just sat the blister packs on those and cut around them, I now have unbreakable foil, so when I want to use a tablet I just break out my

EDC knife and snip the top off the blister pack.

My problem is that the pills by nature will be loose and mobile. I'm thinking I'll have to just get a bunch of little ziplock bags, label them, and organize them somehow in a pocket organizer. 

#7 victorgolf

victorgolf

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

My problem is that the pills by nature will be loose and mobile. I'm thinking I'll have to just get a bunch of little ziplock bags, label them, and organize them somehow in a pocket organizer. 

Ah I see, I tend to keep mine in the foil blister packs, just to be on the safe side, keep the tablets marked as to what they.

If in the unlikely event that you were searched by a LEO, and he/she found small ziplock bags of pills on you, they may get the wrong impression.

but just my opinion :)

in saying that I have tried popping the tablets out of packets and into small screw top pottles, but they were noisy and tablets broke apart etc.

Untitled.png

#8 rfkrocktk

rfkrocktk

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

That's actually a pretty good point that I almost overlooked ;)

I guess I'll have to fabricate a makeshift first-aid insert of sorts for bandages along with the pills. I'll look around to see if I can find something good like the pocket organizers above which would work for the medications/first-aid stuff. 

#9 victorgolf

victorgolf

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

That's actually a pretty good point that I almost overlooked ;)

I guess I'll have to fabricate a makeshift first-aid insert of sorts for bandages along with the pills. I'll look around to see if I can find something good like the pocket organizers above which would work for the medications/first-aid stuff. 

If I come across anything in my travels that looks like it would suit your needs, I will let you know :)

Untitled.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users