22 replies to this topic

#1 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

LEO Use of Tactical Medicine.

This is the new way I'm going to capture the data. It is much faster and more organized for me to use Numbers and then turn it into a pdf file. I'll upload the new versions as the data continues.

Here is the LINK Feel free to download, share, etc. 

16737672572_3b8c8cea32_z.jpg

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 06 March 2015 - 09:43 PM.

• SwatDawg335, SKD_Tactical, Davis and 4 others like this
Posted Image

#2 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Fantastic thread Centcom.  I've noticed however that several of the links provided are dead, and some (ie the PoliceOne links) require special permission to view.  

• CENTCOMSurvivor likes this

NoTMZyB.png

#3 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

Hummm, I wonder why that is. I wasn't signed in when I linked the Policeone articles and I just went through them. I'll re-paste and see what happens. 

Posted Image

#4 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

They seem to be working now from what I can tell and I had the same problem SwatDawg did at first, so whatever the problem I think you fixed it. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#5 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Some forced me to go through Facebook, but that is an impressive Library of articles. Nice too see some are even close to home. I have several friends that are instructors for the course, and I can't wait to show them the hometown results of their efforts.

SOS

Edited by SKD_Tactical, 24 March 2014 - 05:35 PM.

• CENTCOMSurvivor and Davis like this
Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

#6 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Yeah the cut and paste is strange.

For my sake of sanity I'm going to update everything here (for those not in the Tampa TACMED Facebook Group): http://db.orangedox....Use of TECC.pdf

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 29 November 2014 - 07:54 AM.

Posted Image

#7 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

Newest update is posted. The most recent incident is interesting as it occurred on a boat. 

2014-05-25: Game Warden critically injured on Lake Sam Rayburn (TX): http://www.kjas.com/news/local_news/article_5152a618-e45b-11e3-b310-0017a43b2370.html?TNNoMobile (*Tourniquet. LEO)

• Davis and Superman like this
Posted Image

#8 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

I added two more as of 7-6-14. We are up to 106 incidents of saving lives. 

• Davis and Jersey0311 like this
Posted Image

#9 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Use of a Halo Chest seal to save a shooting victim. There are several other updates since my last post.

http://wavy.com/2014...hooting-victim/

Posted Image

#10 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

Use of a Halo Chest seal to save a shooting victim. There are several other updates since my last post.

http://wavy.com/2014...hooting-victim/

HALO seals in my personal experience are also the only kind proven to stick even to hairy, bloody, fluid and otherwise fucked up surfaces without fail.

It's why I carry the HALO, and only the HALO. Been looking into picking up a few of the new vented HALO seals as well.

• CENTCOMSurvivor and Davis like this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#11 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

Another TQ save: http://www.gazette.n...emplate=gazette

Posted Image

#12 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I received news - about three weeks, ago - from my dealer account representative at Boundtree Medical - that the HALO Vented Seals are being shipped. The kits come with one vented and one non-vented seal.

• CENTCOMSurvivor and Jersey0311 like this

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM (I will either find a way, or make one.) - Hannibal

ITS Life Member and Crew Leader

Owner and Principal Instructor - at, Immediate Action Outfitters, LLC www.facebook.com/ImmediateActionOutfitters

#13 shadowx79

shadowx79

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

I was on the rescue for this call and the officer did an amazing job. He placed the tourniquet high and tight and rocked this accident. The only thing I did was start an IV and run some fluids. The pt.s vitals were in great shape and he could have been BLS to the trauma unit.

I recently took the TCCC course and it is an amazing class. I recomend it for all public safety personnel.

2014-07-22: Quick-Thinking Sheriff’s Agent Rick Clements Saves Man’s Life (FL): http://spacecoastdaily.com/2014/07/quick-thinking-sheriffs-agent-rick-clements-saves-mans-life/ (*Tourniquet & Hemostatics, CIV)

• CENTCOMSurvivor, Davis and Jersey0311 like this
"I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives." ~Edward F. Croker
"...So Others May Live"- Rescue Swimmer Creed

#14 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

I was on the rescue for this call and the officer did an amazing job. He placed the tourniquet high and tight and rocked this accident. The only thing I did was start an IV and run some fluids. The pt.s vitals were in great shape and he could have been BLS to the trauma unit.

I recently took the TCCC course and it is an amazing class. I recomend it for all public safety personnel.

2014-07-22: Quick-Thinking Sheriff’s Agent Rick Clements Saves Man’s Life (FL): http://spacecoastdaily.com/2014/07/quick-thinking-sheriffs-agent-rick-clements-saves-mans-life/ (*Tourniquet & Hemostatics, CIV)

Great to hear, its always positive to get feedback on LEO uses (good or bad). Where did you take the TCCC course?

• Davis likes this
Posted Image

#15 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

Updated with a personal account from the St Johns County Sheriff's Department (FL):

TQ used by LEO to save woman hit by car..

Monday evening one of my deputies deployed his TQ on a female pt that had been stuck by a 18 wheeler at one of our rest areas. He and one of the Fire Chief from the county fire and rescue arrived at the same time. Upon the chief starting to do his pt survey he moved the leg and it start to spray blood everywhere. Once again because our FD/EMS don't carry TQ's my guy see what happening and jump in and applies his TQ, every LEO is given a IFAX that is housed in a bail out bag in the front seat of their issued vehicle. We have only about 20 cat-TQ's this officer happened to be one the ones that was issued a cat. He said it was awesome to watch his training kick in and see the bleeding stop with each turn of the windless.

For me there is no better feeling than to heard the reaction from one of my officers that I have trained after that have had to deploy their kits. They all seem to have the same reaction. I am not sure if it's that they got to use their kits, or the saved someone that may have died because they have the gear and Fire rescue does not...

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 13 August 2014 - 05:19 PM.

• Davis, Jersey0311 and DeathwatchDoc like this
Posted Image

#16 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

I absolutely love this thread. One observation though. I just watched the video for:

2012-02-01: CAT-team Shooting Incident (NV): (*Tourniquet Save, LEO)

I could be wrong, but the film suggests that the aid tending law enforcement officers only used gauze and hemostatic granular powdered agents to treat the wounded deputy.

#17 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

I absolutely love this thread. One observation though. I just watched the video for:

I could be wrong, but the film suggests that the aid tending law enforcement officers only used gauze and hemostatic granular powdered agents to treat the wounded deputy.

Good catch, thanks for the feedback, I'll make the change. 

Posted Image

#18 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Updated, we are up to 124 incidences. 

• iExpresso and Davis like this
Posted Image

#19 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

I took a TECC class for LEOs and it was amazing. My instructors were very knowledgable and professional - I agree that all LEOs should take it, as well as responsible citizens. 

• CENTCOMSurvivor and Jersey0311 like this

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#20 Armitage12

Armitage12

Salty Dog

• Validating
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

http://www.whio.com/...at-gauze/njMxq/

Loraine. Ohio PD officers use combat gauze to save man with neck wound on carotid artery. Officer had bandage in his vehicle--implication is personal choice to have on duty in his vehicle. Bravo, gentlemen, bravo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TEMS, TCCC, TACTICAL MEDICINE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users