34 replies to this topic

#1 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

All, there is an upcoming Advanced Rifle and Handgun class being offered by Granite Firearms Training. The class is scheduled for 12 April at 0900 and will be held this time up at the Cow Town range in Peoria, AZ. In the past GFT has normally done there classes down in Casa Grande but this is going to be a trial run for Cow Town which is a pretty awesome private range complex among other things and I have personally been wanting to shoot out there and check it out since moving down here. 

This will undoubtedly be an awesome class and if you are in AZ or can get here I personally highly recommend it. I was not going to be able to attend at first due to a work conflict but it looks like my work trip has been pushed a week so I should be there. I believe at least one other ITS member will be there as well and the lead instructor, known here as DirtyTrigger, is also an ITS member. 

Here is the link to the EVENT on the GFT Facebook page. 

I'm looking forward to this class and I hope to see a few other ITS folks out there. 

• PsychoFish likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#2 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Figures I can't make this outing either.

One of these days!

• Davis likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#3 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Would be awesome to attend, but I have other plans that weekend. The price is awesome though, $100. I am definitely going to keep an eye out for another one.

• Davis likes this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#4 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

I just talked to DirtyTrigger the other day and if things go well at this new private range complex he is planning on doing a low light/no light course which will be absolutely bad ass. The cost will be a few dollars more as but it will still be the best price in town and should be one hell of a fun night. As soon as a date is pinned down I will post it here. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#5 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:33 AM

If he can, try and get it in the middle or late May. I'm going to be busy as hell the last week of April and first week of May.

VQz5Nwz.png

#6 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

Due to the current op tempo in my squadron, I'm SOL til Aug. Have fun guys.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#7 Austin Powers

Austin Powers

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

I checked out their website it looks like they have a nice setup going.  Not sure if I can attend the upcoming class but I would really be interested in low light or a shoot house/CQB course.  Vehicle course would be nice too.

#8 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Btw, where has DirtyTrigger been? I haven't seen him around in a while.

VQz5Nwz.png

#9 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Btw, where has DirtyTrigger been? I haven't seen him around in a while.

I think he is just been crazy busy with work from what it sounds like. Next time I talk to him I'll harass him about not being around on here very much!

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#10 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

You know how those n00bs are, hard chargers right out of the gate, and then only pop into post once in a while!

Davis, what kit are you planning on running? I'm debating going with a full plate carrier (minus plates or with training plates) or running slick with just a battle belt. I can't decide. Hell, I had over $400 in new gear added to a shopping cart today, Slow day at work! Good thing I'm still waiting on a new card so I can't actually buy anything!!
  • mangeface, Davis and Millertime1103 like this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#11 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

This makes me laugh man! Every time there is a class I suddenly feel like I am completely under kitted and need to go out and buy a bunch of shit so I don't look like the guy without anything at the class, but then I get there and I realize that there is always at least one person that has less gear than me or cheaper gear then me. 

I think I am probably going to keep things simple and wear my HSGI Costa drop leg for mags and call it good at that. I know it's boring because that's what I usually wear, but it works well for me. I will of course have my vest in my truck so if I change my mind I can switch into that. I have an HSGI battle belt but it's not fully setup yet and I really honestly don't care for the feel of that big padded belt. 

I have been thinking about getting a molle vest, probably the 5.11 LBE because it would be way cooler then wearing armor, but my big problem with that is that it is a vest without armor and I don't know how I feel about that. I kind of think that if I am going to go through the trouble to wear a vest it is a little silly not to have armor in it. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#12 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Thats how I feel also. I love my vest, its setup perfect for me to run a rifle class. I ran the last rifle class with a padded battle belt and that was money for most of the class. I'm a gear whore, and I have no problem saying that!  Hell, I might just run it like the pistol class, toss an AR mag on my left side, and bolt on the fast-mag back onto the rifle (as if that gun wasn't heavy enough!).

Bring all your "cool guy gear" also, I have three go-pros on deck for this class! Gonna mount a couple on rifles for a few of the drills, probably toss mine on a target or barrier to get some target POV shots (DON'T SHOOT THE DOG!) and maybe a chest or head mounted one for the super cool guy reloads!

Edited by PsychoFish, 25 March 2014 - 06:51 PM.

• Davis likes this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#13 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

I've got a contour camera at work that I was going to try and borrow as well if I can. I wanted to try and mount it to my rail. I will also bring by nice DSLR with the bad ass new lens that I just got for it this week. So I would say between the two of us we should be able to some bad ass footage and photos. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#14 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Put 500 rounds of .223 on order this afternoon to cover the rounds I will burn at class!

• PsychoFish likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#15 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Howdy all...

Yes, i have been slacker...   Life has been just stupid.  With the class coming up, work, some projects and the SO I am am running ragged.   Class is going to be bad ass.   Bring all your kit out, be fun to change it up.   I am so looking forward to it.

• Davis, DeathwatchDoc and Millertime1103 like this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#16 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Howdy all...

Yes, i have been slacker...   Life has been just stupid.  With the class coming up, work, some projects and the SO I am am running ragged.   Class is going to be bad ass.   Bring all your kit out, be fun to change it up.   I am so looking forward to it.

There he is!
  • DirtyTrigger likes this

VQz5Nwz.png

#17 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Put 500 rounds of .223 on order this afternoon to cover the rounds I will burn at class!

But then what are you going to do after the first 15 mins?  :evil:

• Jersey0311 likes this
-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#18 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

He lives! Welcome back!

• DirtyTrigger likes this

89BccLb.png

#19 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Class was awesome and I think fun was had by all! DirtyTrigger once again did a great job instructing and the facility we used, CowTown Range, was an outstanding place to shoot. 

I'm looking forward to the Low Light class coming up. 

We were supposed to have a photographer come out of the class but he was a last minuet cancellation the morning of the class. Fortunately I brought my good camera out with me so I pulled back from the line to take photos throughout the day.

This is DirtyTrigger running one of his awesome 3-4-5 drills. 

TT6nAyn.jpg

• mangeface likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#20 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

He's just so freaking tall. Still awestruck.

Anyways, glad the class was a success. I'd like to come out to some at some point and get my itchy trigger finger really going.
  • Davis likes this

VQz5Nwz.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Training

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users