34 replies to this topic

#21 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

He's just so freaking tall. Still awestruck.

Anyways, glad the class was a success. I'd like to come out to some at some point and get my itchy trigger finger really going.

Haha, he is a tall one for sure. I'm a little sore today after essentially an 8 hour workout yesterday, but I think the kink in my neck is from having to look up to talk to him. He is the first guy that I have seen that can use the Safariland 6005 with vertical quick release and both leg straps and still have it ride high on the thigh in the proper location. Most normal height guys that try that have the holster around their knee!

• mangeface and DirtyTrigger like this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#22 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Was he a gentle giant?
  • DirtyTrigger likes this

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#23 Austin Powers

Austin Powers

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

When is the low light class?  Dirty can we get a Vehicle and Kill house class going?

#24 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Was he a gentle giant?

He is a pretty easy going guy, there is not really any yelling (out of anger) or anything like that. However if somebody was to exercise extreme jackassery they may get a talking to, but thus far I have not seen a student act like that in any of his classes. 

When is the low light class?  Dirty can we get a Vehicle and Kill house class going?

Austin, the low light class is not yet scheduled, but possibly sometime in the next two months or so. And if I may comment on the Vehicle/Kill House. Facility is a tough one on that, but with the new range complex that we are using it is a possibility now for both of those, but logistically they are a little ways off. There is some stuff that will have to be worked out and figured out before either of those classes can happen, but I have been talking to him about it so hopefully we will be able to work those classes out as they will be loads of fun. 

• Jersey0311 likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#25 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Was he a gentle giant?

I am.  And given the moment, I might even snuggle.

• Psybain likes this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#26 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Austin, the low light class is not yet scheduled, but possibly sometime in the next two months or so. And if I may comment on the Vehicle/Kill House. Facility is a tough one on that, but with the new range complex that we are using it is a possibility now for both of those, but logistically they are a little ways off. There is some stuff that will have to be worked out and figured out before either of those classes can happen, but I have been talking to him about it so hopefully we will be able to work those classes out as they will be loads of fun. 

Adam is spot on.  Still in the works.  

This last class, I was invited by the powers that own the range, to try it out.  It went well and I loved it out there.  I am now it talks working out the logisctics on my end, insurance, costs etc.  Blah blah blah, but gotta be done.  All though, it looks damn good.

I am going to try and work up the Low/No Light course, in a bout a month.  Need to check on scheduling at the range and...  Moon cycle.  My goal is start late afternoon, so we can shoot, go over light techniques, etc.  Take advantage of twilight, which is a bitch to shoot in, then roll into dark thirty.  Part training, part experience. All good times.  it will be open to multi-platforms, both rifle and handgun.

I will have a lot of freedom with this place and having the ability to drive out on the range, will make bringing out props, much much easier. My brain is spinning.  Such as chairs or plywood barricades, etc.

There is a small shoot house out there, but I'm not sure how it works, who owns it, or costs.     I think it is bullet trap style, but I'm not sure.  At the minimum, I might be able to get  it and use of some sort of sims.

The ranges are wide and open.  Working with a vehicle would be possible....    just need to figure out who wants to donate a car.   I admit, currently, that is out my budget to provide a car.

I am hoping to get more locked down with info by this week to what I can, and cant do.   I have high hopes.  Keep ya posted for sure and thank you for the interest and support.

Edited by DirtyTrigger, 14 April 2014 - 09:33 PM.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#27 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

I am.  And given the moment, I might even snuggle.

You know what they say, it ain't gay if it's Thursday... and every day is Thursday in the field.  :sex:

Adam is spot on.  Still in the works.  

This last class, I was invited by the powers that own the range, to try it out.  It went well and I loved it out there.  I am now it talks working out the logisctics on my end, insurance, costs etc.  Blah blah blah, but gotta be done.  All though, it looks damn good.

I am going to try and work up the Low/No Light course, in a bout a month.  Need to check on scheduling at the range and...  Moon cycle.  My goal is start late afternoon, so we can shoot, go over light techniques, etc.  Take advantage of twilight, which is a bitch to shoot in, then roll into dark thirty.  Part training, part experience. All good times.  it will be open to multi-platforms, both rifle and handgun.

I will have a lot of freedom with this place and having the ability to drive out on the range, will make bringing out props, much much easier. My brain is spinning.  Such as chairs or plywood barricades, etc.

There is a small shoot house out there, but I'm not sure how it works, who owns it, or costs.     I think it is bullet trap style, but I'm not sure.  At the minimum, I might be able to get  it and use of some sort of sims.

The ranges are wide and open.  Working with a vehicle would be possible....    just need to figure out who wants to donate a car.   I admit, currently, that is out my budget to provide a car.

I am hoping to get more locked down with info by this week to what I can, and cant do.   I have high hopes.  Keep ya posted for sure and thank you for the interest and support.

Sounds seriously awesome, I hope I'm able to take one of your classes this fall. Stupid inspections screwing up my shooting time and my leave plans.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#28 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

You know what they say, it ain't gay if it's Thursday... and every day is Thursday in the field.  :sex:

I laughed.  OMG.  I laughed hard.

• Psybain and mangeface like this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#29 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:31 AM

Though I am no longer a fan of Thursdays I'd love to put my hat in for a website project if you don't have one already underway!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#30 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

Where are the pictures!? I know Davis said the photog cancelled, but someone had to take pics!

• Davis likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#31 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

Here are some that Davis took.   Man, he saved the day.  He got some great ones.  Here are a few;

Kinda random grouping.  Our village in the back, several of them going through the kneeling/prone exercise. My fav is me showing 3 fingers, right in the middle of a 3-4-5 drill, with them running support side. And good one of us running 4 in and out on the targets and a pic of me working a guy through the Gauntlet. 

Attached Files

• mangeface and Davis like this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#32 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Don't forget the "Leave your panties on the table" That was caught on camera, and may just make the final cut of the video.

Edited by PsychoFish, 15 April 2014 - 08:12 PM.

• Psybain, Davis and DirtyTrigger like this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#33 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for posting the pics Dirty, I was going to get to it, but I have somewhat limited internet access/time with my back east trip right now. I'm glad that some of the pics turned out pretty good... at least I got to put my new $600 lens to good use!

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#34 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Don't forget the "Leave your panties on the table" That was caught on camera, and may just make the final cut of the video.

Damn those cameras!!!!    

"What happens on the Range, stays on the Range." *

*Note: Unless there is a camera present, then that shit hit's Facebook and it's forever.

Edited by DirtyTrigger, 15 April 2014 - 09:55 PM.

• PsychoFish, Psybain and DeathwatchDoc like this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#35 Austin Powers

Austin Powers

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

Rodge, will stand by for further on vehicle and kill house training. 

• Davis and DirtyTrigger like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Training

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users