31 replies to this topic

#1 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

So I have the annual LE 3-gun match sponsored by the USMS coming up. This is LE-centric rather than uber competitive - most guys use their duty weapons like G22s and M870s rather than G34s and Benellis. After this last deployment, I am absolutely done with the drop leg holster and want to switch to a battle belt mounted rig. What are you guys using for a holster who have similar setups? I have a HSGI belt and am using an XD service model (definitely not my Beretta!).
  • iExpresso likes this

While I breathe I shall defend.

#2 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

I've got an HSGI battle belt myself.  I run a Safariland ALS holster (same as my duty belt).  I actually had to get a larger size belt, and have it altered in order to run the holster off my inner belt.  Otherwise, the openings on the bottom side weren't far enough forward to get the holster over my hip.  I really wanted to make sure that my battle belt and duty belt were as similar as possible with respect to where the holster and pistol mags were (for muscle memory purposes, obviously).  Here's a link to a post I made originally that goes into a bit more detail. 

http://itstactical.c...gether/?hl=belt

The belt has gone through a few changes, but my holster is still the same.  This option might not be the best for you, given the alterations I needed to make.  I looked into using some of the quick-detach mounting options from G-Code, but they would have caused the holster to ride a little higher than it does on my duty belt.  That might be your best bet though.  You can check them out at http://www.tacticalh...m5/merchant.mvc

NoTMZyB.png

#3 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

THe velocity operator utility belt is considered one of the best there is, but its a bit pricier than the hsgi suregrip. it is mesh lined and the internal stiffener is perforated to release heat. It also is designed to let you thread the interal belt through the outside for holsters.

http://www.velsyst.c...-Belt-Gen2.html

I currently use a safariland sls drop leg, but I want to replace it with a drop thigh holster from g-code

Edited by Psybain, 05 April 2014 - 07:43 PM.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#4 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

I am running the light bearing version of the Blade Tech WRS on my HSGI belt currently:

http://shop.blade-te...ml#.U0CwAV4S-xo

You will likely want to pick up the duty offset mount which allows you to run it just blow your belt but not a drop leg at all:

http://shop.blade-te...loop-p-156.html

I also use the TMMS (quick disconnect) kit which is awesome as it allows me to swap from my G34 to my G20 holsters on my belt depending on what I want to run without having to unthread the belt or anything. Its also great because I have one of the Outer Pieces attached to my bed frame so I can clip the holster right to the side of my bed.

http://shop.blade-te...ware-p-576.html

If you have any questions about my setup let me know!

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#5 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

What drop leg holster system are you using now? If it's a Safariland (best duty type holsters made IMHO) you can probably pretty easily get the components/accessories from G-Code to be able to take it off your drop leg and adapt it to your HSGI belt. 

RTI Battle Belt Molle Adapter

RTI Accessory Kit for Safariland 6004 type holsters

Edited by Davis, 05 April 2014 - 08:32 PM.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#6 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Here is the blade tech setup on my belt.  Sorry about the blurry quality its snapped using the mirror as I was too lazy to try and set up a tripod and everything. 

unnamed_zps75b59732.jpg

unnamed-2_zps49762630.jpg

#7 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Right now I just have a Serpa for my XD along with my Crossbreed for concealment. I use a Safariland 6005 for duty use with my M9, but I'm not a fan of the SLS system, and was leaning more toward the ALS. I wanted to see other options and how y'all have them mounted.

#8 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

Right now I just have a Serpa for my XD along with my Crossbreed for concealment. I use a Safariland 6005 for duty use with my M9, but I'm not a fan of the SLS system, and was leaning more toward the ALS. I wanted to see other options and how y'all have them mounted.

You can see how my setup is mounted in the pictures above if you want a more in-depth set of pictures let me know the belt with holster is sitting about 6' from my computer.

#9 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

[quote name="SwatDawg335" post="24666" timestamp="1396745547"]

I've got an HSGI battle belt myself. I run a Safariland ALS holster (same as my duty belt). I actually had to get a larger size belt, and have it altered in order to run the holster off my inner belt. Otherwise, the openings on the bottom side weren't far enough forward to get the holster over my hip. I really wanted to make sure that my battle belt and duty belt were as similar as possible with respect to where the holster and pistol mags were (for muscle memory purposes, obviously). Here's a link to a post I made originally that goes into a bit more detail.

Ive got a 5.11 battle belt for SRT arranged almost the same as my Duty leather belt. We were issued safariland ALS holster w/ pistol light and QLS to quick change out from one belt to the other. Its been great to use my gear that way! I cant imagine my G17 without the light anymore. Our department wants to eventually issue the lights and appropriate holster for all officers but thats a pipe dream right now.

I had used the depts issued leg rig. I finally got smart and put it on the battle belt with 1 leg strap the same height as duty gear. I giggle at everyone now when they run with a leg rig. Im the second to move away from leg rig but first to mount on battle belt.

Edited by jgnolen, 07 April 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#10 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Im a fan of the HSGI belt as well. I was running it with a Safariland ALS with a 1.5 inch drop kit. I then added a RMR to my pistol and they way the locking mechanism goes across the top is in the way of the RMR. So im now hoping a 5.11 thumb lock will do the trick for me. Safariland has a ALS designed for RMRs but who knows when they will release the one i need.

What medkit are you running on your HSGI? I haven't really found one low profile enough for me that still hold everything i want yet.

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

#11 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Ok. Sounds like the Safariland ALS is the way to go, I'll start saving for one. As for a medkit, I'm using an ITS Tallboy to save space.

#12 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Im a fan of the HSGI belt as well. I was running it with a Safariland ALS with a 1.5 inch drop kit. I then added a RMR to my pistol and they way the locking mechanism goes across the top is in the way of the RMR. So im now hoping a 5.11 thumb lock will do the trick for me. Safariland has a ALS designed for RMRs but who knows when they will release the one i need.

What medkit are you running on your HSGI? I haven't really found one low profile enough for me that still hold everything i want yet.

The HSGI Bleed Blowout pouch is a great option its fairly low profile. 

#13 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

The HSGI Bleed Blowout pouch is a great option its fairly low profile. 

It is good, assuming you can fit everything you want in there. I've tried, and it doesn't work for me.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#14 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

I recently went from a an ITS fatboy to a HSGI M3T.  I mounted it on a g-code platform so I can keep it on my active shooter rig for daily use; but I can still easily swap it over to my battle belt for range time and my leg platform for swat call-outs.  There's nothing low-profile at all about my set-up though.

NoTMZyB.png

#15 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Man soon im going to have as many pouches and holsters as my wife has shoes.

What all do you have in that HSGI blowout pouch (and/or couldn't fit)?

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.

#16 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

HALO Seal

QC Combat Gauze

H&H Compressed Gauze

Cinch Tight bandage

NPA w/ lube

NAR 14ga Needle

CAT TQ

Pair of nitrile gloves

Shears

That's my IFAK setup that I have multiples of. Won't fit in the pouch, and I'm not removing any of the contents to make it fit.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#17 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Mine currently has:

Halo Chest Seal

QC sponge

Isralie bandage

Shears (In External pocket designed for them)

Cat TQ on the side

Nitrile Gloves

(might be one or two more items in there i will have to double check and I have it stuffed full.  I could probably add an npa and mojo needle if I really wanted I just havent as I am not trained in their use.)

#18 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hmmm those are both pretty similar to what i have and am hoping to put in one:

Nasopharyngeal Airway

Israeli Bandage

Z-Pak Dressing

Halo Chest Seal

Shears

Needle Decompression

CAT Tourniquet

SWAT-T Tourniquet

Gloves

Not to really turn this into a med kit talk but did you pick the Cinch Tight over the Israeli bandage?

Guess ill order one and see how i like it, worst case is ill have another IFAK floating around.

#19 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

So...I tried to order a Safariland ALS for my XD, but they're two months backordered. So I went with the Blade Tech instead. I'll post pictures of the final product when it arrives.

#20 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

Just ordered the gcode xst and mule rig for my m9. Unfortunately, it wont be here for a while, but it gives me time to get a new battle belt (looking hard at the velocity oub) in the meantime.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users