11 replies to this topic

#1 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

This is the first time I actually got excited about a "new" knife release. I bought a first gen Stryker probably 17ish years ago at a (now defunct) Chesapeake Knife and Tool. It was a great knife with a nice thick blade that took years of use and abuse. It fell out of my pocket somewhere a couple of years ago and i've been looking for a decent replacement since. The only thing I'm dissapointed with is they used a dual sided thumb stud rather than the top mounted "Disk" that the original had. I'm picking this up as soon as the funds break free.

Original BM Stryker

910.jpg

New BM Stryker with Axis Lock

909.jpg

La'

Redsol1

• PsychoFish likes this
Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#2 TTIME

TTIME

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

I am a big fan of the Griptilian 550HG, may have to pick one of these up too. 

#3 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

I like the looks of this. I may be going to Benchmade for knives now on. Got a few of them and a few Spydercos, but the clips on the Spydercos keep coming loose.
  • Jersey0311 and leosavage like this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#4 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

Benchmade for the win, every time.

They're pricey, but worth it. I have knives of many brands, but Benchmade is the one I trust as my EDC. I went to war with a Benchmade auto. I still carry it daily.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#5 Scuba CN

Scuba CN

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

Benchmade for the win, every time.

They're pricey, but worth it. I have knives of many brands, but Benchmade is the one I trust as my EDC. I went to war with a Benchmade auto. I still carry it daily.

+1. I carry my Mini Grip 555HG in blue pretty much everywhere I go (unless otherwise prohibited, of course). As for price, sometimes you can get lucky; I got mine for a grand total of $16 because the Victorinox store I went to had a 50% off going-out-of-business sale, which should have made the price about $40, but the cashier accidentally typed in one wrong digit for the item code so it rang up as half off a $30 item. I bought some other stuff at the same time that was rung up correctly so I didn't notice the mistake until after I got home, and when I contacted them to see if they wanted me to come back and pay the correct price they said not to worry about it since they had made the mistake.

#6 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

I like the looks of this. I may be going to Benchmade for knives now on. Got a few of them and a few Spydercos, but the clips on the Spydercos keep coming loose.

take out the screws and locktite them. I do this to all my pocket clips works like a charm

#7 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

take out the screws and locktite them. I do this to all my pocket clips works like a charm

I put blue locktite on them but still worked themselves loose. I'm tempted to JB Weld the things in. I'm just really rough on knives, especially with my line of work.

VQz5Nwz.png

#8 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

I've always had to loctite my belt clips. Doesn't matter the brand, unless it's permanently mounted, the screws will work themselves loose overtime.

89BccLb.png

#9 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

Yeah I hear ya on being rough on work knives. I only cut with them no prying or whatnot but I probably cut a couple miles of cardboard cardboard and wrap daily plus heavy strapping and webbing. I generally sharpen every 3 days and strop daily. I refuse to use box cutter or utility knives I hate them all lol

#10 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

Hear that. I do not pry with mine. Only cut. But I cut a lot of rope, plastic and cardboard on a daily basis. Not to mention the clip likes to snag on stuff which doesn't help. Thinking I may need to go to a fixed blade for work.

VQz5Nwz.png

#11 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:24 AM

Man if only I could use a fixed blade at work. I'd probably bring in my brkt micro Canadian. My supervisor understands and tolerates my using a knife instead of a cutter as long as I keep a official cutter on me incase a manager is around or if there is an accident. He's a cool guy but with all the sheeple at my job a fixed blade would go over like a fat at church and I wouldn't want to put him in that position.

#12 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

Lol...that's supposed to be that would go over like at fart at church.. Damn auto-correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users