21 replies to this topic

#21 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

RMJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a downrange too... not sold on it yet.

• Psybain likes this
Posted Image

#22 bigpac931

bigpac931

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

The only other question i have is what is the speed you want to get into cars or buildings. Most hand tools take a good bit of time and are designed to have a second person helping out . the Irons are designed to be used with a partner but can be used solo on most  light weight wood framed doors  .So if you are going solo look for a tool you can use by your self and be effective heavy enough to give you leverage but not so have that the tool is working you to death. If it were me i would look more toward what kind of houses you are going to be entering as cars are a monster just bust out the glass and pull the person out  with all the new support structures and collapses zones built into new cars, hand tools are really losing any kind of ground open up vehicles .i carry a light weight halligan and i am going to get a sawzall with wood and metal blades . with those two items you can get into just about any thing . may not be as cool but you will make quick work of both the areas to be able to move to the next victim 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users