• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Magpul has recently announced a new line of colors for their accessories. It's been dubbed 'Stealth Gray'. I must say, I really like the color. It's more in tune with the color of rifles (especially after some usage and worn in). With this new color launch, they will be discontinuing the 'Foliage Green' (sorry army). Foliage Green is to be completely phased out by the end of 2014. Stealth Gray is now available.

Also noted in their article, which is what really brought this to my attention, all non-black color options for their MOE magazine lines is to be discontinued and phased out by the end of 2014.

facebook_GRAY.jpg

http://www.magpul.co...#commentsAnchor

Edited by mangeface, 26 April 2014 - 10:44 AM.

• Davis and tiger-26 like this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#2 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

Lovin' that new color, even if it is becoming a widespread fad.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#3 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

That is a cool color and I like. But man I'm crushed. I've been a FG fan boy since 2008. The color matched worn 5.11 duty OD pants. Been FG ever since.

That said, MOE magazines? That is new term to me, as in PMAGs? No more colored PMAGS?

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#4 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

If I remember correctly, years ago La Rue Tactical had limited run on a gray color. I do like it. Probably jump on the wagon. Grab a seat by the window.
  • mangeface likes this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#5 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

That is a cool color and I like. But man I'm crushed. I've been a FG fan boy since 2008. The color matched worn 5.11 duty OD pants. Been FG ever since.

That said, MOE magazines? That is new term to me, as in PMAGs? No more colored PMAGS?

MOE is a Magpul term that they use for several of their products. MOE stands for "Magpul Original Equipment". As far as I know the PMAGs are safe and not going anywhere as I think they are probably by far the best selling polymer mags in the industry. The particular MOE mag that pops up when you click on that above linked picture is their new AK mag. 

• DirtyTrigger likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#6 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

The MOE mags are all PMAGs that are Gen2 and earlier and the AK PMAG.

http://store.magpul....category/PMAG/a

VQz5Nwz.png

#7 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

I never got into the colors... always been basic black for me. But I do like that grey!

89BccLb.png

#8 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Ok that makes sense. I was always under the impression MOE gear was a bit different and, then everything else. Could not figure out how PMAGs got grouped under the MOE label. Earlier and speciality mags make sense.

Damn it. Now I gotta buy a bunch of new shit.

Shucks.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#9 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

I do like the color also, I believe I even stated in another thread that I wish is was more available.

With MagPul pimping the color its only a matter of time before everyone else follows including the softgoods people.

Can you say SKD PIG in Disruptive Gray?

• Millertime1103 likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#10 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

I do like the color also, I believe I even stated in another thread that I wish is was more available.

With MagPul pimping the color its only a matter of time before everyone else follows including the softgoods people.

Can you say SKD PIG in Disruptive Gray?

That would be sick for MOUT.

VQz5Nwz.png

#11 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

I love the idea. Let's see what I can do.

SOS
Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

#12 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

I love the idea. Let's see what I can do.
SOS

I'm about to pull $7-8K out of my savings to pay off my credit debt and buy an AR (probably a Daniel Defense DDM4V5). Expect a purchase from me once this color comes in stock.

VQz5Nwz.png

#13 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

Looks like Magpul is preparing for urban

I'm about to pull $7-8K out of my savings to pay off my credit debt and buy an AR (probably a Daniel Defense DDM4V5). Expect a purchase from me once this color comes in stock.

Hey bro, what about my credit card bills?

#14 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

Earlier this week Daniel Defense announced they would be releasing two of their AR models in "Tornado", which is what they're calling their gray. 

http://soldiersystem...tornado-finish/

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#15 Scuba CN

Scuba CN

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

Magpul has recently announced a new line of colors for their accessories. It's been dubbed 'Stealth Gray'. I must say, I really like the color. It's more in tune with the color of rifles (especially after some usage and worn in). With this new color launch, they will be discontinuing the 'Foliage Green' (sorry army). Foliage Green is to be completely phased out by the end of 2014. Stealth Gray is now available.

Also noted in their article, which is what really brought this to my attention, all non-black color options for their MOE magazine lines is to be discontinued and phased out by the end of 2014.

http://www.magpul.co...#commentsAnchor

What is it with manufacturers discontinuing FG? First Amron/Kelty gets rid of the FG MAP3500 pack, now Magpul is getting rid of their FG furniture. I think the grey could be cool but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that like having or need a color choice more appropriate for foliage-filled areas than black, lighter black (i.e. grey) and Coyote. I guess if I want anything else from Magpul after '14 I'll have to learn to use Duracoat because my furniture is FG and I like it that way.

• DirtyTrigger likes this

#16 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hey bro, what about my credit card bills?

Survey says.....no.

Earlier this week Daniel Defense announced they would be releasing two of their AR models in "Tornado", which is what they're calling their gray. 

http://soldiersystem...tornado-finish/

Yeah, I saw it on their website. It doesn't look good to me. More of a bluish gray color than a worn out black color.

VQz5Nwz.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Magpul, Stealth Gray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users