spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

wampum gangnum style.   :beer:

• mangeface, Jersey0311 and Millertime1103 like this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#22 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

Redsol1, apologies for hijacking the shit out of your thread. No fucks were given nor were any prisoners taken during the hijacking.

Jersey,

no worries. As i said earlier, shit got real.

• mangeface and Jersey0311 like this
Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#23 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

You two are so adorable.

Edited by mangeface, 20 May 2014 - 08:37 PM.

• AaronK likes this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#24 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Jersey,

no worries. As i said earlier, shit got real.

I feel that this has actually turned out for the better, because now everyone can see how everyone elses shit is set up. I know I've picked a few ideas off of you and spenceman that I completely missed.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#25 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

One question Jersey, where do the "Precious Moments" figurines go?

La'

• mangeface likes this
Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
Posted Image

#26 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

One question Jersey, where do the "Precious Moments" figurines go?

La'

On my first line, duh! That's what I have a dump pouch for.

• redsol1 likes this

TBL-2.png

#27 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

On my first line, duh! That's what I have a dump pouch for.

LMFAO! That was Awesome!!!!

La'

• Jersey0311 likes this
Posted Image

#28 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

I feel that this has actually turned out for the better, because now everyone can see how everyone elses shit is set up. I know I've picked a few ideas off of you and spenceman that I completely missed.

I agree. We all have different needs and situations that shape how we select our gear, but those perspectives can be as limiting for us as they are formative. Getting new perspectives are critical for continuing to evolve.

La'

Posted Image

#29 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Simple Condor bag, very similar to the RUSH 24. This bag goes with me to work, and home, and pretty much lives at my side during the weekends.

The backpack itself...

Attached File  backpack.jpg   119KB   0 downloads

On the outside I have a small pouch I made to hold two CR-123 batteries for my flashlights, two battery operated glow sticks (red and green) I've used these to mark the top of a cliff, and the ground for a night rappel, and also put them at the front of the boat for night navigation lights when I had a small wire fire that left me without front nav light on the water! In addition I have a red, and a green strobe light that I use when I drop the bag while out hiking or messing around and cant take it with me so I'm able to find it again later. The tiny paracord is just a nod and identifier that I choose to leave on my bag. 

Attached File  outside pack.jpg   75.03KB   0 downloads

The admin pouch serves two roles, first it gave me more velcro for the ever important patches that I rotate on an almost daily basis. Second it holds items that I may need while driving such as paper, and pens. I also keep an old ID in there, Ham license, signal mirror, and my most beloved and trusted lockpicks!

Attached File  admin pouch.jpg   70.97KB   0 downloads

Inside I have a bunch of just random EDC crap. Mostly stuff that I will need on a daily or weekly basis. These include quick reference cards for work computer commands/reports, work keys, spare keys for all of my immediate families vehicles, a spare key for my hi-lift jack on the roof of the Tahoe, and a water key which I think everyone should have in a GHB/Vehicle Kit/ Glove Box for those times you really need water and there are only commercial spigots around. Next I have my three ITS Field Notes books. One waterproof for leaving notes outside, one normal one for my general thoughts, ideas or what have you, and the last one I've turned into a Cigar book in which I tape the bands and the characteristics of the cigar. I rescued a small American Flag from the road a while back during a particular annoying shift, and have since folded it and carry that in my bag. Headphones for when I want to listen to music or books quietly, or for the best urban camouflage ever. Seriously, when I worked down town and had to walk out in the middle of the night I would put these in (not plugged in, or listening to anything) and seemed to become invisible to everyone on the streets. No one would ask questions, stop me for a lighter, or money, nothing! Then I have a PowerRocks charger, a cigar cutter, and some air fresheners for those smelly clients, and a small AM/FM radio.

Attached File  inside contents.jpg   79.68KB   0 downloads

Next up is the very bottom pouch of the backpack, I use this as the medical pouch.

Attached File  medical pouch full.jpg   124.34KB   0 downloads

That small pouch actually holds quite a bit of crap! Inside I have all the goodies, a TQ, some sterile bandages, saline bullets, sheers, gauze, bandaids, basic medications, sutures (and steri-strips) a condom, Israeli bandage and other misc crap like gloves. The Second TQ actually lives on the outside of the bag where it can get gotten to quickly.

Attached File  medical pouch.jpg   83KB   0 downloads

Lastly on the outside I have my Yaesu FT-60r radio and hand mic in a maxpedition pouch. This is mostly used for killing time while driving, and chatting with the locals on the 2m/70cm bands. Still quite a bit of fun, and I'm looking into joining some local emergency response groups where I can use this radio in a more useful capacity.  In one of the smaller side pockets I keep two spare batteries in a pouch, one that takes AA batteries for ease. In all reality I can use this radio all day on a single battery and probably ito the next day also, but I'm a gear whore, who has to have accessories if you haven't noticed!

Attached File  radio.jpg   84.87KB   0 downloads

inside the main compartment I have a 5.11 tan windbreaker that I added velcro to so I could rock my ITS logo patches when its actually cool enough in Az to have a jacket on. No photos of that, as I should probably put all this crap away and get back to work!

and just to stick with the rest of the members here.... Davis... you can pound sand now! LOL

• Davis, Jersey0311 and redsol1 like this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#30 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

Nice Bag PF!

I really like the headphone camo. i do that in the gym a lot.

La'

Posted Image

#31 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Simple Condor bag, very similar to the RUSH 24. This bag goes with me to work, and home, and pretty much lives at my side during the weekends.

[...]

and just to stick with the rest of the members here.... Davis... you can pound sand now! LOL

I've been just setting quietly in the back enjoying this thread, learning from it, laughing at it, but not commenting and then you have to go and drag me into the fray... dick!

• spenceman, PsychoFish and mangeface like this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#32 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

I've been just setting quietly in the back enjoying this thread, learning from it, laughing at it, but not commenting and then you have to go and drag me into the fray... dick!

Attached File  images.jpg   7.55KB   0 downloads

• spenceman and mangeface like this
Posted Image

#33 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

I think I spotted Jersey's truck on the freeway this morning....  :P

angkut5.jpg

• spenceman and mangeface like this
-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#34 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

I think I spotted Jersey's truck on the freeway this morning....  :P

angkut5.jpg

Funny, real funny.

Jerk.

</3

• mangeface likes this

TBL-2.png

#35 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

It's only because I'm jealous  :wub:

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#36 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

I think we need a campaign to get Rob and Mike in here with their car bags...

• Davis likes this

89BccLb.png

#37 davebcarr

davebcarr

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 89 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

anchorman_zps8ed770a3.jpg

#38 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Okay, so since Psycho dragged me into this against my will I felt obligated to have to defend my honor. 

Now, the first thing I'm going to say is that this original thread is about a "truck bag" but I do not really have just a truck bag, it's just my everyday bag, but understand, that in addition to my everyday bag, I also keep a small trauma bag, survival backpack, and action packer with extra supplies in the back seat of my truck. I work on a scalable philosophy, so basically the further I am going to be from home, the more I add to the back of my truck. 

Now, on to my everyday bag... I switch back and forth between my 5.11 Rush Delivery and my 5.11 Triab Sling Pack, it just depends on my situation, but the contents stay the same regardless of the bag, and I really don't leave home without this bag. 

9IHis1Bl.jpg

BtcpIYal.jpg

NWKDrWFl.jpg

Main Compartment

• Laptop (Sometimes an iPad)
  • Shemagh
  • Non-Wallet ID Cards
  • US Passport
  • ITS Memo Book
  • Medical Records (shots, immunizations, etc.)
  • Checkbooks
  • Butane Lighter
  • Chapstick
  • 12’ of 1” Tubular Mil-Spec
  • 15’ of 550 Cord
  • Oakley Software
  • Princeton Tec FRED Headlamp
  • Nail Clippers

Internal Compartment

• Pouch with:
  • Various Power Cords
  • Headsets
  • Laptop Adapters
  • Mophie Power Backup
  • Small Pouch with:
  • AA Batteries
  • AAA Batteries
  • CR123 Batteries

Admin Area

• Various Pens
  • Surefire E2D (often is out of my bag and in my pocket)
  • Spare Benchmade
  • Leatherman Wave (not pictured because I forgot to pull it out and I’m not redoing the photos just to prove it, so if you don't believe me, well tuff shit)
  • Chemlight(s) (I used one and have not replenished yet)

Right Side External

• IFAK (pretty standard, not over the top)

Left Side External

• CPR Pocket Mask

Aft Hidden

• Glock 23, staged in IWB Holster (if the gun is not in the bag it is on my person… basically when I leave work I put it on if I am not coming directly home)

Front Flap Pocket Right

• Glock 22 Mag in concealed horizontal carrier (same note as above)
  • Glock 22 Mag in standard belt carrier

Front Flap Pocket Left

• Bandages
  • Nitrile Gloves x3 pair
  • Spare QuikClot
  • Spare TQ (Missing because I gave it to a buddy and have not replaced yet)

So there you have it... and Psycho, I still think you're a dick for making me waist a perfectly good evening in typing and taking pictures. 

Oh, and one last thing, DeathwatchDoc, you seem to be talking a pretty big game in wanting to call out Rob and Mike, yet I have not seen you step up and post any pics of your EDC bag/truck bag on this thread... so maybe if you want to call out the Admins you should step up and do it like a man!   :evil:

Edited by Davis, 22 May 2014 - 06:56 AM.

• PsychoFish likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#39 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:11 PM

DUDE! DAVIS! How are you going to throw me under the bus like that and ensure you had a Granite Training patch on there!?! I know you just went and tossed that on there to get brownie points! I'm not falling for it, and I hope Dirty see's through you as well! I hope!

• Davis likes this
Posted Image

#40 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

DUDE! DAVIS! How are you going to throw me under the bus like that and ensure you had a Granite Training patch on there!?! I know you just went and tossed that on there to get brownie points! I'm not falling for it, and I hope Dirty see's through you as well! I hope!

Brownie points my ass... well maybe! But that GFT patch as traveled from AZ to Washington DC and a few places in between!

Ir2fdXw.png?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users