24 replies to this topic

#21 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

In the links provided in this thread it's inferred that Scorpion is inferior (even if ever-so-slightly) to Multicam......... I'm guessing due to the absence of the vertical blotches?.......... At any rate, it looks like an effective pattern. But more importantly, it looks cool :) 

Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

#22 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

I still think we should just compel all branches to utilize true multicam as their primary pattern and be done with it.

Doubtful DOD would pay for it due to the sheer cost to buy it outright from crye. Crye gave the army a highly discounted price after doing a valuation of the multicam brand, and it still cost tens of millions of dollars, which the army instantly refused. Easier for dod to go with scorpion and its bookend patterns.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#23 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

A shame too.. I'd still argue that A-TACS would have been a better alternative.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#24 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Doubtful DOD would pay for it due to the sheer cost to buy it outright from crye. Crye gave the army a highly discounted price after doing a valuation of the multicam brand, and it still cost tens of millions of dollars, which the army instantly refused. Easier for dod to go with scorpion and its bookend patterns.

What you say is absolutely true, I think it was a very budget conscious decision... but my blood boils when men and women who serve our nation and put their life on the line are forced to use anything less than the absolute best because of cost. You put your ass on the line for us... you should be given whatever will make that task the safest and the easiest it can be. 

89BccLb.png

#25 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

A shame too.. I'd still argue that A-TACS would have been a better alternative.

From qhat ive heard, atacs fg works very well, but only in certain types of forrests.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users