27 replies to this topic

#1 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I was just curious if any of you guys have any experience with the London Bridge Trading Co bags specifically this one:

http://lbtinc.com/ba...th-padding.html

I found them on govx.com and my tried and true dead hooker bag (5.11 deployment bag) is starting to show its ages..Plus the smells of blood and gonorrhea  are hard to get out.  

Here in Alaska I have used it to load all my crap in on deployments but now that I am not going to be deploying as much it will likely primarily see duty as a bag to hold all my tacticool gear.  

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

I have heard about them, but that's about it. I know that 5 day pack they have looks quite tempting, but I dunno if that's $560 quality.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

I have heard about them, but that's about it. I know that 5 day pack they have looks quite tempting, but I dunno if that's $560 quality.

Yeah I couldn't afford them at MSRP I am only interested as I found the bag at pro deal prices.

#4 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

I have that exact bag without the padding. Got it for $75 used off of Lejeune Yard Sales.

The side pockets are large enough to hold 1-2 assembled 16" ARs and then some

The inside is large enough for a dead body. I had my 5'6" girlfriend get inside of it with no issue.

It's serving as my ICE bag. Opened only in case of emergency or freedom. It's got one of my PCs, war belt,fighting bag, MICH helmet, and other goodies in there. I could literally grab it, open it, and begin freedom operations against the cannibalistic San Franciscan hordes

Edited by Jersey0311, 26 May 2014 - 05:25 PM.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#5 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

I have that exact bag without the padding. Got it for $75 used off of Lejeune Yard Sales.

The side pockets are large enough to hold 1-2 assembled 16" ARs and then some

The inside is large enough for a dead body. I had my 5'6" girlfriend get inside of it with no issue.

It's serving as my ICE bag. Opened only in case of emergency or freedom. It's got one of my PCs, war belt,fighting bag, MICH helmet, and other goodies in there. I could literally grab it, open it, and begin freedom operations against the cannibalistic San Franciscan hordes

Pretty much my goal for it as well.  Guess I will have to go ahead and order it as soon as I get a stable new shipping address.

#6 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Pretty much my goal for it as well.  Guess I will have to go ahead and order it as soon as I get a stable new shipping address.

Rumor has it there's a member here with an unpadded TAG bag for sale in the Trade Room for much less than $560. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

• Davis and Jersey0311 like this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#7 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Rumor has it there's a member here with an unpadded TAG bag for sale in the Trade Room for much less than $560. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

https://www.govx.com...ent-travel-bags

#8 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

I have the unpadded gen 1. it's great quality and my son can lay down inside of it easily. I got it for $50 on a black Friday sale on the lbt website last nov.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#9 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

I have the unpadded gen 1. it's great quality and my son can lay down inside of it easily. I got it for $50 on a black Friday sale on the lbt website last nov.

Nice wish I could get it that cheap it should still work well for me.  

#10 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:23 AM

I picked one up in MC about 1.5 years ago on sale. It is awesome. I could not be happier with it.

I don't beat on it but it gets used occasionally. I admit dragging that bastard up and down the concrete stairs of my apartment is not easy. Holding up well.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#11 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

I've got the padded version. i picked it up for $60.00 when they were having a big sale last year.

The thing it built like a tank! i can easily pack for two weeks or more if i pack judiciously. it has a foam filled divider that doubles as a laptop sleeve. if you're interested in one i'd sign up for their newsletter and camp out till they do another sale. they have their 3 day assault packs on sale thru the end of may for $99.00. you won't go wrong with LBT gear.

www.lbtinc.com

La'

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#12 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

I have that bag and it has been fantastic so far through a good amount of abuse. I'm able to fit all of my gear with a good amount of room to spare. Depending on how much crap and kit you plan on lugging around, I would recommend throwing a set of removable shoulder pads on the drag handle because it'll gnaw your hands up. Like DirtyTrigger said, it can be fun getting it up and down stairs. Space-wise, you'll more than likely find you'll have more room than you know what to do with but when in doubt, just fill the extra space with Jersey's trademark "bullets and bandages".

• Jersey0311 likes this
-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#13 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

I have that bag and it has been fantastic so far through a good amount of abuse. I'm able to fit all of my gear with a good amount of room to spare. Depending on how much crap and kit you plan on lugging around, I would recommend throwing a set of removable shoulder pads on the drag handle because it'll gnaw your hands up. Like DirtyTrigger said, it can be fun getting it up and down stairs. Space-wise, you'll more than likely find you'll have more room than you know what to do with but when in doubt, just fill the extra space with Jersey's trademark "bullets and bandages".

True story. If you've got bullets and bandages, you can pretty much get everything else. For those naysayers who say you can't eat bullets when you're hungry, well that's true. But you sure as shit can get food with them bullets!

My LBT bag is my version of an uber cool Pelican case full of freedom like you see in the movies, except I don't have a Pelican case full of freedom.

• Davis likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#14 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

LBT bags came up as a topic of conversation in this thread:

http://itstactical.c...g-loadout-bags/

I love mine.  But you can save a ton of cash if you just hold off a while.  LBT has deals once or twice a year that are insane.  I got my bag for something like $79.  Maybe they'll have one of those sales around July 4th.

NoTMZyB.png

#15 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

I use a medium or maybe its a large loadout from them for travel weekly, then as a large range bag on weekends, 
Top notch and great warranty. 

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#16 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

If you dont care about moon camo, lbt is having a 75% off sale for all ucp products since the army leadership finally decided they wanted to give their soldiers their dignity back.

http://lbtinc.com/uc-abu.html
  • Davis, Jersey0311, Millertime1103 and 1 other like this

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#17 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Damn that's a deal on that Eight pocket light backpack kit.

I might have to spring on that one

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#18 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

If you dont care about moon camo, lbt is having a 75% off sale for all ucp products since the army leadership finally decided they wanted to give their soldiers their dignity back.

http://lbtinc.com/uc-abu.html

That is a nice deal I think I will pay the extra few dollars for a Coyote bag...I think my dignity such as it is worth the price of a blue ray...well maybe a dvd...

• Psybain likes this

#19 tremis

tremis

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

I have one of their unpadded bags beside me right now that was sent specifically for a youtube review. That might be a week or more away, but the bag is pretty fucking cool. I don't know the name/model number since nothing was sent with the bag, and I couldn't tell you at this point what the cost is since I didn't pay for it. I will look those up before the I put it on video. But I would guess that all of their bags are equally built, just with different sizes/options. I wouldn't regret buying one, and I would if I didn't already have this one.

#20 tremis

tremis

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Video review of the 2466D Loadout bag.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users