15 replies to this topic

#1 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited to see that ITS announced their new ITS Crew Cover this morning. I put in my order within about 15 mins of getting the email. 

Now, I wish they were fitted hats, but I understand why they are not and regardless they look awesome and I am so happy that they chose to do an unstructured hat as I really cannot stand structured fronts. 

Anyway, did anybody else order one yet, or are you planning on it?

Happy Friday!

• mikejulietpapa and Jersey0311 like this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#2 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

I was about to order until I seen they were not flex fit or similar design.  its too risky to buy these types for me due to my proportional melon head... otherwise, id be all over it.

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

#3 shadow4golf

shadow4golf

Landlubber

• Plank Owner
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'd like one, especially in the ATACS, but considering OSFA = doesn't fit me, I'm having to pass.

PlankOwnerSignature-Ver2.png

#4 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

How big is your head Shadow?

I'm holding out for the Multicam one.

• Scot McK likes this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#5 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

You guys must have some ginormous melons!

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#6 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Zombie bait.

• Davis likes this

89BccLb.png

#7 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

Glad to see the ATACS pattern in both the Crew Cover and the EarPro cover.

La'

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#8 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

I'll probably order one this week and see how it fits. If I like it, I'll snag a couple more. I like the rocker on the back!
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#9 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

My order shipped today, so I will be able to give a fit report later this week. 

• PsychoFish likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#10 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

I hate to say it but I've become a complete flexfit snob. There's just something that bugs me about the adjustable closing on ball caps and they always seem to come loose at the most inopportune moment.That being said, I may pick one up and keep it in the car or bag as an emergency cover.

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#11 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

So I got my ITS cap last week and I have not really had too much time to wear it yet, but so far it seems to be a solid cap. As previously stated, I am not one to typically wear an adjustable cap, I most always wear fitted, not FlexFit (hate FlexFit) but actual fitted. But with that said, the ITS cap uses good Velcro on the adjuster strap so it seems pretty sturdy. The cap has a non-structured front which is an absolute requirement for me and hats so I am happy about that and it is made in America so 'Merica!. Overall it seems to be a quality cap as we would expect from ITS and the embroidered Velcro on the front is awesome. 

As a side note Rob is a total stud! In my special order instructions I requested that they draw an ITS Tactical cactus on the ITS Box of Awesome... why, because I thought it would make it even more awesome and appropriate since shipping to AZ. Well in good form Rob was a total sport and did it. And though I do not suggest he quit his day job and become an artist, at least not a pen and cardboard artist, I am proud to have a Rob Henderson original that he even signed! So if you read this Rob, thanks again!

UOz5cY1l.jpg

Edited by Davis, 23 June 2014 - 10:25 AM.

• Psybain and DeathwatchDoc like this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#12 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

So I got my ITS cap last week and I have not really had too much time to wear it yet, but so far it seems to be a solid cap. As previously stated, I am not one to typically wear an adjustable cap, I most always wear fitted, not FlexFit (hate FlexFit) but actual fitted. But with that said, the ITS cap uses good Velcro on the adjuster strap so it seems pretty sturdy. The cap has a non-structured front which is an absolute requirement for me and hats so I am happy about that and it is made in America so 'Merica!. Overall it seems to be a quality cap as we would expect from ITS and the embroidered Velcro on the front is awesome.

Hello Davis, Please advise when possible, no hurry, the fit. I've always been hesitant to purchase adjustable hats due to experience of hats too big (not very often) and too small (often). In comparison, what size are you to the size of the adjustability of the hat? Example: 7 3/4" with much extra room, or 7 1/4" with little room left over...

Very much thanks in advance!

#13 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hello Davis, Please advise when possible, no hurry, the fit. I've always been hesitant to purchase adjustable hats due to experience of hats too big (not very often) and too small (often). In comparison, what size are you to the size of the adjustability of the hat? Example: 7 3/4" with much extra room, or 7 1/4" with little room left over... Very much thanks in advance!

When I get home I will take a picture of the adjuster so you can see the margins. My melon is ever so slightly north of 7-1/4 and just south of 7-1/2 when it comes to cap sizes. With fitted I typically buy a 7-1/4 and then stretch it a bit to break it in, with those sizes in mind the hat was actually adjusted perfectly right out of the box, almost like it was mean to be! But yeah, when I get home today from work I will send you some visual aids to give you a better idea. 

• iExpresso likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#14 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

Okay, sorry I did not get to this last night as promised... the night got away from me. 

Here are the pics:

un2FSLPl.jpg

CROPVvCl.jpg

As I said before, my fitted hat size is someplace between a 7-1/4 and 7-1/2 and it is closer to the 7-1/4. As you see above with that sizing in mind there is just over 1/2" of "offset" from if you had the adjustment strips lined up squarely on top of one another, and as you see it above the amount of Velcro overlap is 2-1/2 inches. I think you could expand it probably another 3/4 of an inch or so and still have it feel secure but I'm not sure how big, or small, your head is. 

Hope that helps man!

• iExpresso likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#15 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

Art critics hate me because of my fluid interpretation of the laws of space and time. I've received several glowing reviews from top art critics including some of the following:

"Is it supposed to look all wobbly like that?"

"Holy Shit, this is terrible."

"I'm relatively certain that you've just given me eye cancer."

Glad everything arrived safely! Keep the drawing requests coming as it gives me an opportunity to hone my skills and distracts me from the paper cut I just received from the damn shipping box...

• spenceman, iExpresso, mangeface and 2 others like this
Posted Image

#16 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

I thought space and time WAS fluid?! My whole paradigm has been crushed!

Welp off to the shop to disassemble my timeship...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users