• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 RevisionEyewear

RevisionEyewear

Swabbie

• ITS Sponsor
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

Hey everyone! Welcome to the Revision Customer Feedback thread! Post your comments, thoughts, and feedback on our eyewear and services. We'd also be happy to answer any questions you have about us and our eyewear. Thanks, Revision Eyewear
Be Revision Ready. http://www.revisioneyewear.com

#2 Firewalker

Firewalker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

Hey Revision, I am a two-three year wearer of your Sawfly product. I have to say it is an excellent product that I've recommended to everyone that's looking for safety eyewear. I've had rocks, nails, screws, and all sorts of other debris fall against my face and Sawfly's kept my eyes from being damaged. I would have lost my vision at least 20 times over, but they've kept me safe. Though I have managed to wear in some scratcjes on one of the lenses from where they rub on the metal holes of my uniform hat, the scratches aren't even visible when wearing them, so I'm not worried. Despite my abuse, they still kick a ton of ass and I've already converted three other people into lifelong revision devotees! I'm picking up some Hellfly sunglasses at the end of the month (putting in perscription polarized lenses too!) based entirely on the fact that your Sawfly glasses have taken quite a load of abuse without an ounce of reduction in performance. I just wish I could find the desert locusts with the extreme weather lenses for winter. They'd be lifesavers when I'm out in blizzards doing patrols or standing around at my post in the wind and snow of our -40 to -50 degree winters. No one carries those around here, so I'm stuck trying to find them online (you don't even have the "buy now" for those on your website).
Come forth, Lazarus! And he came fifth and lost the job.Posted Image

#3 RevisionEyewear

RevisionEyewear

Swabbie

• ITS Sponsor
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

Firewalker said:

I just wish I could find the desert locusts with the extreme weather lenses for winter. They'd be lifesavers when I'm out in blizzards doing patrols or standing around at my post in the wind and snow of our -40 to -50 degree winters. No one carries those around here, so I'm stuck trying to find them online (you don't even have the "buy now" for those on your website).

Hey Firewalker, Thanks for your awesome comment and for your support over the past few years. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our end-users. Our production team is in the process of testing some new materials for the Extreme Weather Desert Locust goggle. Be on the lookout at the end of the month to be able to purchase the Extreme Weather Desert Locust direct from the Revision site. We hope that this helps you out. Thanks,Revision 

#4 Firewalker

Firewalker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

I see! That's excellent news indeed... I'll be ordering them as soon as I possibly can! Thanks RE, you guys rock.
Come forth, Lazarus! And he came fifth and lost the job.Posted Image

#5 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

I have a pair of Hellfly's that I've been wearing in Iraq.  I bought them in January of 2011.  I noticed that recently the soft rubber molding on the arms is coming off.  Is that the glue failing?  These have been exposed to some high temperatures over the last couple of months (150 degrees in the early afternoon hours).  Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer. FrazierAn Nasiriya, Iraq

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#6 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

You can disregard my last post.  I left my bomb dog out of his crate last night while I went to dinner and when I returned, my Hellfly's were in 3 pieces on the floor in front of him.  Rotten dog... Posted Image

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#7 FlashBack

FlashBack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 105 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

Love my SawFly's!  I had Hansen's EagleEye in California set them up with my prescription and bifocal for my right-eye for seeing the front site better.I need to look into the yellow lenses as the set I got had the clear/smoke/vermillian included.Gene
Posted Image
Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.

#8 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hey Mods, is Revision even checking this thread?  They haven't posted since September 2010 and haven't responded to me in almost 6 days...

#9 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

9chase26 said:

Hey Mods, is Revision even checking this thread?  They haven't posted since September 2010 and haven't responded to me in almost 6 days...

Your best bet is probably to contact them direct through their site. They list [email protected] as their contact email.
Posted Image

#10 RevisionEyewear

RevisionEyewear

Swabbie

• ITS Sponsor
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

Hey everyone - We're very sorry that we haven't replied to your posts. The forums seemed to have gotten lost in the shuffle during the year and we apologize for that. We're back now and are ready to answer any questions you have or help out anyone that is having issues with their eyewear.

#11 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

Welcome back! We're glad to have you!
Posted Image

#12 Wardy

Wardy

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

Revision has been the issued eyepro at work since about 2003-2004 so I''ve had a set of Sawfly for a while now. They have been generally an amazing product offering excellent protection and a decent fit but we have had one issue with them.  Because they sit so close to the face they tend to fog up even with the anti fog kit or adjusting the frames so they sit out more.  This is bad enough when you're doing something like a run down on the ranges and you have live rounds, but when we're doing live fire objectives or actually deployed and you'r arches become a "little more important," unimpeded vision is a huge thing.  I' personally have switched over to MILSPEC Oakley M Frames and had no issue with them fogging up unless it's a temp change from outside to indoors.   Is this an issue Revision knows about and is/or has fixed is my question?

Edited by Wardy, 15 January 2012 - 02:25 PM.

There will always be someone stronger, faster or smarter.  So you better be truly cunning and evil /wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.pngLearn from Experience and Those with it.

#13 RevisionEyewear

RevisionEyewear

Swabbie

• ITS Sponsor
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hey Wardy - Sorry for the delayed response. Your question slipped by us somehow. The fogging issue that you're describing are very uncharacteristic of the Sawfly and isn't something we hear about too much. The Sawfly has gone through a process of continuous improvement where we've taken feedback directly from end users and implemented the resulting changes year over year. The changes that have been made to the Sawfly over the years have led to things such as a more comfortable fit, increased coverage, and enhanced anti-fog capabilities. All Revision lenses are treated with a coating to help prevent both scratching and fogging and the Sawfly's shape has also changed in order to allow for increased air flow, which will also help prevent fogging. The Revision anti-fog cloths are also very helpful in combatting fog (http://bit.ly/z8BW79). Depending on when you got your pair of Sawfly, you may have an older model. If you're interested, we'd be happy to send you out a new pair of Sawfly to try out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users