8 replies to this topic

#1 AKFiremedic

AKFiremedic

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

So, I'm looking for a carrier for my vest. I have a standard ballistic vest and want to find something that it will go into. Something that I can add a chest rig to. I really like this one: http://www.mayflower...or-Carrier.html But have a hard time spending quite this much money on just a carrier. Any thoughts?

CrewLeaderSignature_zps95b560b9.png

#2 B8dsbA4

B8dsbA4

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBergen County, NJ

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Have you checked out the Shellback Tactical Aggressor carrier?

Posted Image
ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL.

#3 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

If I understand what you're wanting is a concealable plate carrier? Or actual soft armor? Big difference in the 2.

For a concealable plate carrier, check out this one from AR500 Armor, it's half the price of the Mayflower. But remember, Mayflower is a well respected brand in the tactical community. They have high quality gear. As for the one I'm listing, I have no clue who the maker is or how quality the carrier is. I wouldn't expect AR500 Armor to put a below average carrier on their website when they have above average armor plates, but you never know. Sometimes it's a "Buy Once, Buy Right" situation.

http://www.ar500armo...ml#.U89CfRko7qA

A lot of guys in this forum will agree that it's best to buy good equipment that's proven, especially when your life may depend on it. To be honest, $250 ain't bad. I spent about $170 on mine, an Eagle Industries Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund, and it's a really good carrier that's made for budget buyers. I think someone here on the forums has an Eagle Industries CIRAS or MARCIRAS, which run upwards of $650. And that's just the carrier. No soft armor. No Level 3 or 4 plates. Just the carrier.

Edited by mangeface, 22 July 2014 - 11:19 PM.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#4 AKFiremedic

AKFiremedic

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

Have you checked out the Shellback Tactical Aggressor carrier?

Just looked at this one, I've never seen it before its a good option.

If I understand what you're wanting is a concealable plate carrier? Or actual soft armor? Big difference in the 2.

For a concealable plate carrier, check out this one from AR500 Armor, it's half the price of the Mayflower. But remember, Mayflower is a well respected brand in the tactical community. They have high quality gear. As for the one I'm listing, I have no clue who the maker is or how quality the carrier is. I wouldn't expect AR500 Armor to put a below average carrier on their website when they have above average armor plates, but you never know. Sometimes it's a "Buy Once, Buy Right" situation.

http://www.ar500armo...ml#.U89CfRko7qA

A lot of guys in this forum will agree that it's best to buy good equipment that's proven, especially when your life may depend on it. To be honest, $250 ain't bad. I spent about $170 on mine, an Eagle Industries Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund, and it's a really good carrier that's made for budget buyers. I think someone here on the forums has an Eagle Industries CIRAS or MARCIRAS, which run upwards of $650. And that's just the carrier. No soft armor. No Level 3 or 4 plates. Just the carrier.

Sorry I was kind of in a hurry when I wrote the first post. I am looking for something that is modular, that I can add items too. I have a soft amour vest (under uniform type). For what I use it for I would rather have something that is external. I think the mayflower one I posted will be one of the better choices. In retrospect, $250, is a good deal. Mayflower seems to have their sh*t together too. The one issue with that carrier is they state it takes a special soft armor cut. I do not know if mine will fit. I can not remember what brand mine is. I guess when I get home from work (in three weeks) I'll just have to call them. Living in Alaska, there are not many stores to go into and try out certain items. Only have three or four stores that sell LE/Tactical supplies. 

#5 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

3 or 4 stores is far more than what's in Oklahoma City. I've really thought about pulling a half million dollar loan and starting a tactical gear store. I almost feel like I could make a killing here.
  • Psybain likes this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#6 B8dsbA4

B8dsbA4

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBergen County, NJ

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Just looked at this one, I've never seen it before its a good option.

Sorry I was kind of in a hurry when I wrote the first post. I am looking for something that is modular, that I can add items too. I have a soft amour vest (under uniform type). For what I use it for I would rather have something that is external. I think the mayflower one I posted will be one of the better choices. In retrospect, $250, is a good deal. Mayflower seems to have their sh*t together too. The one issue with that carrier is they state it takes a special soft armor cut. I do not know if mine will fit. I can not remember what brand mine is. I guess when I get home from work (in three weeks) I'll just have to call them. Living in Alaska, there are not many stores to go into and try out certain items. Only have three or four stores that sell LE/Tactical supplies. 

You should also take a look at the PPI Concealed Armor Carrier. I know it is popular with a lot of police agencies. 

Posted Image
ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL.

#7 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Also check out Beez Combat Systems (BCS)They do semi-custom to custom carriers, have great craftsmanship and customer service and reasonable prices for what you get. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#8 AKFiremedic

AKFiremedic

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

You should also take a look at the PPI Concealed Armor Carrier. I know it is popular with a lot of police agencies. 

The only problem with this one is it states "PPI will only make this vest for PPI inserts and require a tracing of the inserts before manufacturing the carrier. Available in Black, White and Navy. Please contact us with questions." on the site.

Also check out Beez Combat Systems (BCS)They do semi-custom to custom carriers, have great craftsmanship and customer service and reasonable prices for what you get. 

I really like this one, BALCS LVR (Low Vis Rig) System, from Beez. Now I've got to decided on this one or the Mayflower. I think I'm going to have to wait until I get home in three weeks to see what my soft amour is before I'm able to make the final call.. Too many damn choices! Thanks for all the replies guys! 

#9 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

mayflower would be easiest if you want something like a d3cr or one of the velocity systems/mayflower chest rigs, because they should be able to clip right in relatively easily. In any event, the swiftclip system is a good alternate solution to connect either of those rigs to body armor with molle.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users