• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

So you're saying you don't plan on getting any SKD Zombie Condoms for the Zpoc? Bold move my man, bold move.

I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what Zpoc meant.. hell I even googled military terms thinking it must be something above my paygrade.

Zpoc = Zombie Apocalypse.  =)

• mangeface likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#22 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

That 5.11 Apex Gunners keeps looking better and better. And I'm pissed cause I just made an order from LA Police Gear and they have them there for a fairly good price

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#23 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

Oh noes! Place another order :-P

#24 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

Okay, looking at the sizing for it and I fall between the medium and large. Now, one thing I've learned is that I can buy a belt sized down and have the room to still get it to buckle. Same case here?

VQz5Nwz.png

#25 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Belt ordered along with a few other items.

Got the 5.11 Apex Gunners. Black leather, medium size. I figured it would behoove me to get the smaller size since I'm an advocate of "If it doesn't fit, we'll make it fit or tailor it to fit". So if it's just a little too small, maybe it'll convince me enough to get out and loose this gut.

Edited by mangeface, 08 August 2014 - 08:18 AM.

VQz5Nwz.png

#26 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

I think I'm going to be ordering this belt soon as well. Did you order it through LA Police Gear?

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#27 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Yeah. Free shipping with orders over $85.

VQz5Nwz.png

#28 smokey

smokey

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNorthern Utah

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

Not to hijack this thread but I was curious if anyone knew a good belt for appendix carry. I currently rock an Ares Ranger and its awesome but in order to carry appendix style i need to move the buckle to the side.

#29 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

Not to hijack this thread but I was curious if anyone knew a good belt for appendix carry. I currently rock an Ares Ranger and its awesome but in order to carry appendix style i need to move the buckle to the side.

You should spend more time here. The greatest discussions on this forum started via a hijack.

But what you're asking is quite on topic.

VQz5Nwz.png

#30 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

Got the belt today. Mmm....maybe wishing I would've gotten a large. I barely, just barely made the last set of notches. Eh, maybe this will be initiative enough to get out and start PTing again.

Anyways, waiting on a few more items for my EDC to arrive and then I'll do a video update and review on my revised EDC.

VQz5Nwz.png

#31 AKFiremedic

AKFiremedic

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Check out CrossBreed's instructor belt. I just got mine in the other day. They have a few options to choose from. black, brown, basket weave or no weave. I've only had mine a few days, so far its great. There is no belt buckle, it has a small hook that goes into the holes in the belt. It would actually make a great looking dress belt too.

https://www.crossbre...lt/Default.aspx

• smokey likes this

CrewLeaderSignature_zps95b560b9.png

#32 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

For Christmas, I got the Best Made Co Kevlar Smokejumper Belt and wear it every day. It’s not tactical but I still really like it. I wore the Jones Tactical belt I had for a long time before that but I thought I'd try something different. The Smokejumper Belt isn't great with a holster though but you could probably tell that from the photos. Actually that's not true; the Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 works well with it. 

mike-petrucci-edc.jpg

• mangeface likes this

#33 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

mike-petrucci-edc.jpg

Seeing that photo mike, where are the EDC contests being held if ITS is doing them anymore?

VQz5Nwz.png

#34 smokey

smokey

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNorthern Utah

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Check out CrossBreed's instructor belt. I just got mine in the other day. They have a few options to choose from. black, brown, basket weave or no weave. I've only had mine a few days, so far its great. There is no belt buckle, it has a small hook that goes into the holes in the belt. It would actually make a great looking dress belt too.

https://www.crossbre...lt/Default.aspx

I will have to look into these. Though for now I figured out a workaround. Normally I ran the belt with the female end of the buckle on the left side which put any excess webbing on the right where my holster rides. I just reversed that so that excess webbing goes to the left and it leaves room for the holster on the right side.

#35 SIG383

SIG383

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMiddle East

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

Yes I can, there's a double hook sort of deal....

attachicon.gifbelt2.jpg

It's very durable, this belt only suffered a few minor scratches after being draged down a dirt road during a mass cas. exercise.

attachicon.gifbelt1.jpg

A couple years old and they both look pretty much brand new, no stretching, warping, or any other deformation.

attachicon.gifbelt3.jpg

I have the same belt and can attest to how good it is!  I have that in brown and have never had issues with the buckle coming undone.  Very casual looking.  My other EDC is a black Looper's Leather one.  Loopers now actually makes the  one for Blade-Tech.  It's 2 layers of leather with a thin sheet of kydex sandwiched between.  It is very stiff and durable.  That one I have had for going on 8 years.  I like the fact I can change the buckle out on it when I want too. 

#36 bsneeks

bsneeks

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:23 AM

Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt is a really stiff nylon belt with a nice buckle. I have a black belt/black buckle combo and have worn it with dress pants and a button up and didn't feel out of place. They start at $110 but worth it in my opinion.

http://www.aresgear....ex&cPath=99_108

#37 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:57 AM

SOE makes nice gear, although many people aren't fans of the way the company is run.

I have one of the plain belts by crossbreed and it rocks - so does their customer service. thinking about orderering one without the buckle for appendix carry.

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#38 headrusch

headrusch

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

I concur with Nyle there. I have an SOE belt and love it, I just do not like how the company is run.  The guys who run SOE are arrogant pricks to their customers that give them any type of negative feedback. Probably why I don't follow them up on Facebook or twitter anymore, but I will buy their gear. 

#39 schüler

schüler

Swabbie

• Validating
  • 45 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

I really wish First Spear made a brown version of their BioThane belts.  I got the black and coyote bersions and love them when I'm not on a construction site.  When I ordered I neeed one size larger--pay attention to the sizing comments at SKD.

Otherwise I wear an Eagle Operator's gun belt.  It easily supports two full size cordless tools clipped directly to the belt with their oversize hangers.  Traditional mil web buckle. 1.75" is what i have.  The thicker profile (poly stiffener inside) will flex belt holsters to conform to the belt and... greatly increases retention and draw holster  tension.  My RCS holsters aren't easy to thread through, especially with a btrouser loop in between holster loops.  But it's not going anywhere.

I haven't been able to easily source another ever since Safariland or whoever swallowed them up.

#40 bigpac931

bigpac931

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

Volund Gearworks I wear the atlas with a G hook almost everyday and carry appendix it great nice and stiff but really light i wear one for for work too helps me get my pants on fast for calls at night .

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users