49 replies to this topic

#41 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

I actually have a 1.5 cobra belt from SOE if anyone is interested in it. It's black, size 36...just way too big for me! Wore it once and it has sat since then. 

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#42 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

I bought an EDC belt from Brown Coat Tactical a bit back and couldn't be happier.  

$55 shipped to my door in less than a week.  However they do use the slimmer Raptor buckle instead of a Cobra buckle if that is a dealbreaker.

#43 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

I bought an EDC belt from Brown Coat Tactical a bit back and couldn't be happier.  

$55 shipped to my door in less than a week.  However they do use the slimmer Raptor buckle instead of a Cobra buckle if that is a dealbreaker.

I've heard good about them, that will likely be where my next belt comes from

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#44 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

New EDC belt?  I need to get one for a review!

The Mean Gene Leather Barbarian Belt: http://warsport-us.c...ml#.VGqUUPnF9yw

dscf1286-2.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#45 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

New EDC belt?  I need to get one for a review!

The Mean Gene Leather Barbarian Belt: http://warsport-us.c...ml#.VGqUUPnF9yw

That is a beautiful color!

vt9QnZk.png

#46 x2humbucker

x2humbucker

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:05 PM

Just to make this a little harder for you, have you checked out Daltech? They make bull hide leather belts that look like normal belts but are super thick and stand up to EDC very well. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd post the link to the review Sootch00 post on YouTube

#47 mysteriousjl

mysteriousjl

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 129 posts
  • LocationCentral MN

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

I recently got a Dynamis lo-pro belt that i like quite a bit. Velcro instead of a buckle, hidden pockets inside, and a spot to cram a bunch of change near the tip which you could smack someone with.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#48 Whyatt

Whyatt

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

(Small Necro)

I have been using the Bison design Kool Tool Belt. Very discreet, no moving parts, double back to lock in place and provides additional tools that by multi tool and knife does not. I will be replacing the webbing with some thing more durable and secure (seat belt webbing comes to mind; might add a hidden money pocket as well).

Also I have flown with the belt with no issue. For $10 it is also a steal for EDC purpose.

http://coolpile.com/...-belt-multitool

• spenceman and mysteriousjl like this

#49 Koopa

Koopa

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

Hate to keep a 4 or 5-month old thread going, BUT.  I'm also in the market for a new general purpose EDC belt. Requirements as follows:

• 1.75"
  • Maximum Loadout: G19 in a Bladetech IWB holster, iPhone in Lifeproof, ID Card on badge reel.
  • Minimum Loadout: Nothing.
  • Multipurpose - from shorts to jeans to suit.
  • Discrete, non-tactical appearance.
  • Can support my weight for one emergency rappel in a worst-case E&E scenario.

There are too many options! What are your thoughts?

#50 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

Hate to keep a 4 or 5-month old thread going, BUT.  I'm also in the market for a new general purpose EDC belt. Requirements as follows:

• 1.75"
  • Maximum Loadout: G19 in a Bladetech IWB holster, iPhone in Lifeproof, ID Card on badge reel.
  • Minimum Loadout: Nothing.
  • Multipurpose - from shorts to jeans to suit.
  • Discrete, non-tactical appearance.
  • Can support my weight for one emergency rappel in a worst-case E&E scenario.

There are too many options! What are your thoughts?

The emergency rappel requirement pretty much means that you'd need a cobra buckle or similar, which kinda kills the non-tactical appearance. Though they are becoming trendy now which could mean they're less noticable.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users