4 replies to this topic

#1 Spooky13

Spooky13

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Ok folks. I'm soliciting opinions from anyone with experience with GoRuck packs. I've got a ton of different packs including various camelbak packs, 5.11, blackhawk 3 day bag, and Oakley bags (pretty much all issued gear). I love my camelbak lynchpin and my blackhawk 3 day isn't bad, except they are all in either multicam or some other blatantly obvious military color/pattern. I wanted something "grey" that is still crazy rugged. I was on a TDY last year with a guy that told me about GoRuck and everything I have heard about them since then has been good and you can go with just plain black. Just looking for anyone that has first had experience with their packs.

Thanks

tnBGvMS.png

#2 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

GR Bags are bombproof.  SImple as that.  There are a few other USA made brands that rival their build quality however.  Mystery Ranch and Tactical Tailor to name a few.  I personally own a Mystery Ranch 3 Day Assault and have nothing by glowing things to say about it.  

• DirtyTrigger likes this

NoTMZyB.png

#3 headrusch

headrusch

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

I have a GR1 and love it. I have it in Java brown and the thing is almost indestructible.  I dropped it from a fifth story on accident and its fine.  Its water resistant, not water proof. GoRucks opinion of waterproof is you can put it in the bottom of the ocean and it can't get wet inside.  Its not that water proof, but I've had it in the rain and nothing got wet inside at all. 

#4 Spooky13

Spooky13

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

Swatdwag335, I know that Mystery Ranch makes the adjustable strap system on my Camelbak Lynchpin which is my favorite Camelbak bag.  I will have to give them a look as well.  Just looking at the website for GoRuck, I was looking at the GR0 and GR1 models in black.  The inside looked pretty configurable with the outside being pretty non-descript.  The few rows of molle at the bottom is just enough to hang something if I need to but doesn't stand out much.

tnBGvMS.png

#5 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Yea, they are super solid packs. The GR1 is a bit smaller than most other 24hr packs. Their GR2 is more like a 48hr pack, not a traditional 72hr. They have PALS on the inside with is nice for non-tactical looking organization. Plus the minimal PALS on the exterior is really discreet while still allowing for some customization. For discreet purposes, go with black. 

They are really spendy though. Sure it'll last your lifetime, but how many of us want to run the same bag for that long? I wish they (and other manufacturers) would offer less beefy, 500D models at a better price point. I've personally seen Walmart rucks withstand multiple Goruck challenges (without a scratch!), so do we really need bags as tough as Goruck? No. But they are a great company doing great things so it's good to support them.

Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users