Posted Image

#2 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

zero replies! I must be losing my touch.

• iExpresso and mangeface like this
Posted Image

#3 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Get a really hot babe, get a bikini that ties in the front, padlock it closed... Pick the lock and then fade to black... It'll get more hits.
  • iExpresso, mangeface and DieselD like this

89BccLb.png

#4 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

I thought about having my old lady do all this but I think she would object. She has the pretty though....

10460117_813404768683734_876809060537379

See! 

• iExpresso, mangeface, Jersey0311 and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#5 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Iron bra locked in the front. Then pick it open!

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#6 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Funny you mention the lockers at work. We are always needing to get into guys lockers at work. Either they pcs out, or are on leave and we need something work wise they have in their lockers.

Interesting though, id like to get the set from ITS Store to play around with. Never know when it might come in handy. Probably keep it on me but id keep in my edc close by.

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#7 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Chastity Belt?

89BccLb.png

#8 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Alright I'll give it to ya, you inspired me to get faster than you

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#9 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

HA im slow dude. I Suck at that, but its fun to mystify people. I think its nice though... i put up a vid and nothing... i put up a picture of a girl and people start talking... i see how i rate

• iExpresso, Davis and DieselD like this
Posted Image

#10 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:19 AM

We all know the pretty gets the attention haha

• mangeface likes this

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#11 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Good little video Steve, thanks man. It took me a few days until I finally had time to watch but enjoyed it for sure. This is another egging reminder for me that I really need to pick up lock picking as a skill set. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#12 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

Steve, what set would you recommend for and EDC bag for a beginner? say to start learning typical locks you'd come across day to day, master locks and such.

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#13 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

REAL WORLD INCIDENTS WHILE A LEO IN UNIFORM PATROL: BOTH SUCCESSFUL AND NOT

Ive had the opportunity to lock pick on duty several times.

(Unsuccessful attempt) The latest was an old lady used her medical alert cause she fell. I tried kicking the door open but it wouldnt budge. Then i tried to pick it and almost got it open. We couldnt find a relative with a key. The window was next but we finally got a relative with a key. i was gonna try again but the neighbors got too curious and wanted it to be kept discreet.

(Successful attempt) Got a call about a guy having medical problems and needed medication from a small safe. A turd relative thought he would be cute and toss the key in the woods. I picked the safe after getting consent from parent. It took longer to get the tools out of my chest pocket than it took to pick it.

(Successful attempt) i go to back up an officer about an alarm and an open door to a school during summer break. A gated fence separated us from the open door. It took less than 30 seconds to pop that master lock. Cleared the school and locked it back...

A few other unsuccessful attempts to include a judge locking himself out of his office and an officer getting stuck during the weekend in an interview room under renovation...LOL I tried to get it open to keep the embarrassment to the shift but we had to call the HMFIC of uniform patrol with his master key. #WTF it wasnt the first time she locked herself in a room...

AAR: I definitely need more practice
  • mangeface, SacRyan, Davis and 2 others like this

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

#14 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hahaha! Keep it up iExpresso! I've got most of my new division ordering lockpicks now. At my last division I got a text from a former supervisor and friend asking if I could get out of work for a while to break into his house. I didn't think it was possible until the captain called and excused me (off the clock) to go try to get into the house! I wasn't able, but true to lockpicking, found an alternate and easier access point!
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#15 Scuba CN

Scuba CN

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

A few other unsuccessful attempts to include a judge locking himself out of his office and an officer getting stuck during the weekend in an interview room under renovation...LOL I tried to get it open to keep the embarrassment to the shift but we had to call the HMFIC of uniform patrol with his master key. #WTF it wasnt the first time she locked herself in a room...

AAR: I definitely need more practice

I've only ever heard of CMFIC, never HMFIC. As for picking, I got a set of picks and played around with the locks on the house without much trouble and then ended up locking myself out; I admit it was initially intentional because I was going out anyway but it annoyed me that I had to go get my spare keys from the neighbor to get back in. What is most annoying about it is that I managed to get all the pins picked twice during the 30 or so minutes of trying to get back in but the cylinder wouldn't turn. The next day I disassembled and cleaned the entire lock so hopefully I won't have any more embarrassing trouble. When I get some time I've got to build a combo knot tying/lock picking practice station.

Edited by Scuba CN, 25 August 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#16 SIG383

SIG383

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMiddle East

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:06 AM

Curious on what kind of pick set would be good for a beginner.  I've been thinking of the Bogata set but wanted some input on if that would be a good route to go for one that hasn't had much practice with lockpicking.  I'd like to be able to practice and then keep a set on me, especially when deployed in an E&E kit.

#17 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

The Bogota picks are really good, I've enjoyed them a lot, and have had a good success rate with them over other picks, despite my lack of skill and practice. You can't go wrong with them. Sparrow also makes good lock picks that I enjoy and highly recommend. The main thing is that you don't need a huge set of picks. Some places out there sell 100+ piece kits, you'll find that you have one or two that you enjoy/use most while the rest just sit on the shelf. Maybe if you really get into lock sport or professional locksmithing you will find a use for the big kits. Anyway, that's my recommendations Bogata and Sparrow (tuxedo or sentry)

• PsychoFish likes this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#18 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

I actually bought the basic South Ord set (the one that comes with the book). I loved that set, and used it for a few years with zero problems and a lot of success. The bogota are also an amazing set of lockpicks! They are small enough to hide just about anywhere, and work great on a lot of locks. I recently lost my entire set (south ord and bogota) in a boating mishap, and just ordered a  Sparrow set (sentry and rakers) to replace it after a co-worker ordered a set and I played with them. I can't wait to get them in my hands! Spence is right, I only ever really used my half diamond, and the bogota set. I had a few different tension wrenches, but those were my main and favorite picks. 

Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#19 SIG383

SIG383

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMiddle East

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

I just placed my order on the Sparrow Tuxedo set w/ coyote case.  Now let's just hope it's not confiscated by damn host nation customs...they already got my Benchmade auto when I got here.  Jerk took that out of my drag bag, looked at me and smiled and then put it in his pocket.  Still irritates the crap out of me when I think about it...

#20 Scuba CN

Scuba CN

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

I actually bought the basic South Ord set (the one that comes with the book). I loved that set, and used it for a few years with zero problems and a lot of success. The bogota are also an amazing set of lockpicks! They are small enough to hide just about anywhere, and work great on a lot of locks. I recently lost my entire set (south ord and bogota) in a boating mishap, and just ordered a  Sparrow set (sentry and rakers) to replace it after a co-worker ordered a set and I played with them. I can't wait to get them in my hands! Spence is right, I only ever really used my half diamond, and the bogota set. I had a few different tension wrenches, but those were my main and favorite picks. 

Along with some of your guns, right? :tongue:

I just placed my order on the Sparrow Tuxedo set w/ coyote case.  Now let's just hope it's not confiscated by damn host nation customs...they already got my Benchmade auto when I got here.  Jerk took that out of my drag bag, looked at me and smiled and then put it in his pocket.  Still irritates the crap out of me when I think about it...

I also bought the Sparrow Tuxedo set (in black). Given that I didn't have any prior experience with picking I wanted a very basic set with just a few picks to learn with and a handy case to carry them in.

Edited by Scuba CN, 31 August 2014 - 10:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users