• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Sean Broomell

Sean Broomell

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:53 AM

I've been using the Gerber as a demo/range/general work knife for a while now & haven't had any issues. Not so big that it gets in the way & not too small to be useful. The handle is comfortable in my hand, and it holds the edge well. Can't say what others have experienced with it, but if I was going back to the sandbox I'd certainly keep it in my kit.Does it replace my folders, or my kukri, or a fighting knife like a Mad Dog? Certainly not - but it's not intended to. For a 99% working 1% other knife I think it's a good compromise.

#62 laf7337

laf7337

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

i have a kershaw leek i use every day.  i work in the oil field industry and beat it up.  its been holding up great.  it holds an edge really well . also with the assisted opening it is really easy to use with gloves on. 

#63 butchseaman

butchseaman

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:21 AM

I have been using an Emerson CQC-7 for a few years… hard to beat I think     

Edited by butchseaman, 28 August 2010 - 06:25 AM.

#64 Scuba CN

Scuba CN

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

I recently upgraded to a Zero Tolerance 0350 plain blade as my daily EDC knife. I also purchased a Benchmade 5 Rescue Hook to carry on my medical pouch (which is on backorder, unfortunately). Posted Image Posted Image

#65 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

I have a Emerson Mini Commander and its a great pocket carry knife.  I wasn't sure I'd like the "wave" feature, but it does work.
Posted Image

#66 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

Currently a Spyderco NativePosted Image I need to sharpen my Buck/Strider 880.
Posted Image

#67 Shamrock63

Shamrock63

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

just picked two of SOG's Flash II zytel handle w/AUS8 SS 1/2 serrated blade.  The AO on these is fast and tight and the lock is solid.  Only complaint is the Zytel handle is not as nice as the Aluminum ones but for less than $40 for both on http://www.SteepandCheap.com I can't complain.  One for the ruck and one for the pocket, new EDC.  Also the Benchmade Fecas Snipe was added to my truck's glovebox.  A very nice 4" folder from Benchmade's red line, which has been discontinued and many of these are being blown out./wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_beer.gif

#68 boba fett

boba fett

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

Stoked with my new carry bladeESEE Izula II  #0118 /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_smile.gifI tell you, I love this knife already. Fits perfect in my hand, killer fit and finish, and sharp as a razor. Not to mention the totally awesome warranty.I'm going to get a second, and keep this one nice.Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 dingo

dingo

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

mikejulietpapa said:

I just bought a new knife for my main EDC.  The Kershaw Leek.  Got a great deal from Amazon.com and love it so far.  I usually don't like drop points, but I heard some good thoughts on this and my bro is a big Kershaw fan.  So it was a gift from my sister (with her gift card).What do you guys carry, knife wise?Oh, and this thing opens fast! **UPDATE**I also love how thin it is.  Great feel in the pocket. Posted Image

I also carry this knife for everyday carry. It is the best knife for normal tasks I have owned, it keeps a great edge and I havent had to sharpen it once in 2 years. Another plus is the assisted opening which helps get it out in a hurry. Great knife for a great price. 
stay ready.

#70 Shawn Wemple

Shawn Wemple

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

/wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_cool.gifboba fett said:

Stoked with my new carry bladeESEE Izula II  #0118 /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_smile.gifI tell you, I love this knife already. Fits perfect in my hand, killer fit and finish, and sharp as a razor. Not to mention the totally awesome warranty.I'm going to get a second, and keep this one nice.Posted ImagePosted Image

/wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_cool.gif  This may my next investment. I'm finding myseld drawn to the RAT's!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users