Photo

Shooting areas outside of ranges near Anchorage?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AKFiremedic

AKFiremedic

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

I live in Anchorage and shoot at birchwood. I like it there, and there seems to be a lot of freedom to do what I want with-in reason or course. i.e. shoot from the down range side of the benches when no one else is around, or when everyone at that range is on the same page as you. I still would like to do more outside of what the range has to offer. I guess what I mean is I'm looking for a place that has more room to have a bigger range set up and no other people around other than friends. I want to find a place near Anchorage, within 120 miles or so that I can shoot safely away from people or buildings. You would think living in Alaska this would be easy to do, but we are packed so tightly in our little road system it makes it hard to find a spot that is big enough and safe enough to shoot like this. Also, there is so much private property. I would like to set up a dozen or so close targets, some medium range, and long range targets. Be able to shoot while moving, shoot from barricades, etc...  I hope I explained what I'm thinking about well enough to understand. Have any of you guys found or know of a place like this? The closest and best place I have found would be a gravel pit on the seward hwy at mile 64 (I think), it's a little close to the hwy though. I also do not like the places that people have started shooting at old appliances and junk like that and left there.   

CrewLeaderSignature_zps95b560b9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users