• Please log in to reply
1852 replies to this topic

#41 beardedbern

beardedbern

Landlubber

• Plank Owner
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

here is my K.I.S.S. intro ...Matt 25/FLCurrently residing in north florida (tallahassee) but have lived all over the state, spent some time in the Army and now working in telecom.. Into shooting, learning anything tactical or tacti-cool for that matter! :) Seems like a bunch of cool folks in here already.. im sure ill get along juuusssttt finnneee
Posted Image
Rule 4: Doubletap: You think it's dead, one more, makes you 100% sure

#42 Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

Swabbie

• Plank Owner
  • 45 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Texas

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:22 AM

Hey Guys!I am an avid shooter. I spent seven years in the US Army and had a brief stint as a Police Officer until I torn up my knee. I love getting tactical and trying to remember what I have learned through the years. Looking to do a couple of classes in the future to learn new things or improve on old./wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_stick.gif
Posted ImageMolōn labe!

#43 TANGO2072

TANGO2072

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:57 AM

Hey Guys,Name is Keith, but I go by TANGO. Former Army Scout. Now work in Nuke Security ( 8+yrs now ). Avid Shooter.Ya know cause I too am waiting for the world to end and take out the Zombies. I live out in IL, bout an hour west of Chicago. HATE IT. but the job and wife are currently keeping me here. Rather be in TX. ( HOME / Allen, TX ). Found this site in DEC and have been glued to it almost daily.Anylocal members feel free to hit me up, we can shoot the shiznit some time.

Edited by Keith, 12 February 2010 - 11:04 AM.

/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/PlankOwnerSignature-Ver2.png

Sniper by trade…

And I do windows.

#44 hcm004

hcm004

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hello fellow ITS'ers,I'm Harry.  I came off active status about 8 months ago and am currently finishing my degree at U Penn in Philly.  Currently in a ARNG Cav unit in PA.  Glad to be here.  /wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_beer.gif

#45 gilligan0211

gilligan0211

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:27 PM

Um... hey...I'm Derek. I write on diving. I dive. I live in Clearwater, FL. I like being outside, backpacking, kayaking, cycling... all that fun stuff. I like to shoot when I get time (which has been scarce lately with all of the other stuff). I servered the US NAVY where I was discharged, medically, recieved a waiver, and am currently in the process of enlistment (again) for another go at BUD/S. I have been a member of ITS from just a few months in to the best of my recollection.Welcome everyone new and old... I look forward to some interesting days with you guys.PS. What's 5+6?
/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/PlankOwnerSignature.png

"Its not about living or dying, and its not about failure or success, its about conquering yourself" -George Mallory

#46 Michael Adams

Michael Adams

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hi all,My name is Mike. I've been following the site for months and enjoy the content. I'm happy to be here with all of you.

#47 JPate

JPate

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:06 AM

Looks like us Florida peeps are well represented. I'm Jason, currently a Sergeant with a South Florida Police Department. I 've served as our agency's hand to hand instructor for the last 12 years or so. Also have been a training officer, firearms and tactics instructor, tactical communications officer for the hostage negotiation team. I've been trolling this sight since June, what a wealth of info.
Posted Image

#48 John

John

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:32 AM

Hello All,John here. I reside just outside of Denver Colorado. Full on outdoor fanatic. Thank god for the ITS iphone app…Been cruising the ITS site for a while, then became fully addicted when the shot show info was being posted. Had to jump on the Plank Owner opportunity once that was offered. Glad to be here./wp-content/uploads/2010/01/PlankOwnerSignature.png

Edited by John Galambos, 13 February 2010 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#49 gregm

gregm

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

Greetings,I'm finishing up my last semester of school and I start my career as an active duty US Army Officer this summer.I've been following ITS since the first few posts last year. ITS subjects that I'm particularly interested in include SCUBA, knots/climbing/rappelling, uncommon gear, and tactical medicine.I'm excited to see what you guys are cooking up next!

Edited by Greg M, 14 February 2010 - 05:40 AM.

Posted Image

#50 Jayson K

Jayson K

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hey,My name is Jayson. I'm a husband and father. I have been in the Tennessee ARNG for 16+ years where I currently fly AH-64A Apache helicopters and work full-time for the Dept. of the Army. I had the privilege to use my flying and shooting skills in Afghanistan during OEF 7. Prior to my current career track I worked for 6 years as a Police Officer, the last 4 of which were as a Tactical Unit Operator. I am a NRA certified handgun carry permit instructor, a Blauer Tactical Systems Personal Defense Readiness Instructor, and CrossFit affiliate owner and certified trainer. If I can offer any assistance on these subjects feel free to pick my brain. I don't know much, but maybe I can point you in a helpful direction. I like all things outdoors, guns, and gear. I'm here to learn skills to make me a better warrior.

Edited by Jayson K, 15 February 2010 - 12:15 AM.

Posted Image"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." – Mark Rippetoe

#51 beardedbern

beardedbern

Landlubber

• Plank Owner
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

JPate said:Looks like us Florida peeps are well represented. I'm Jason, currently a Sergeant with a South Florida Police Department. I 've served as our agency's hand to hand instructor for the last 12 years or so. Also have been a training officer, firearms and tactics instructor, tactical communications officer for the hostage negotiation team. I've been trolling this sight since June, what a wealth of info.

What PD in soflo?
Posted Image
Rule 4: Doubletap: You think it's dead, one more, makes you 100% sure

#52 LivingArmor

LivingArmor

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

An official hello to everyone.I'm Sean from Living Armor. We are a P.I. and protection agency in the northwest. I won't duplicate my bio too much since its on our site under the "staff" link, but I'm happy to be among everyone here.Other than the willingness to fight for those who can't, the quality I most value in my guys and myself is the desire to keep learning and sharing for the good of us all. Thats why I'm here and reading every word, and hopefully some of my comments end up being useful.Individually speaking, I also print shirts, and do a lot of gunsmithing, including building, refinishing, etc., and I like to fabricate tooling, gear, and whatever I need. I'm a member of Oathkeepers, and a supporter of the Patriot Post. /wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_beer.gif
Posted ImageSean

#53 Terry Trahan

Terry Trahan

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

Hello all,My name is Terry, and I work for a knife company, design, testing, repair, etc.  Was in the Army in the '80's.Have done martial arts, DT, etc forever.  Worked many aspects security before this gig.Helped start a few forums dedicated to Self Defense/Street Survival.  Love the site, and am actively intoUrban E&E and survival.  I also teach self defense and related things at the local college here in Denver.Found the site through a link on a friends blog, and have been reading and watching ever since.Thanks for all the good info.Terry
Posted ImageThere are no tactical knives, only tactical minds…Fred Perrin

#54 Orion

Orion

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hi guys, Matt from Massachusetts. ARNG, no deployments yet. Private Sector security in the civilian world.

#55 David Kauzlaric

David Kauzlaric

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hey guys and girl :)My name is David Kauzlaric, I am 22 and I currently live in Appleton, WI. I work for a political organization running their web dept and internet marketing dept. I was going to school for criminal justice but changed over to business/internet marketing, but now that I have my Master Certificate in Internet Marketing, am eager to get back to criminal justice.Probably one of the youngest here at 22, but I love survival camping, gear, guns, tactical training (taken a few classes), and anything outdoors. Love hockey :)Currently just working on losing a decent amount of weight and getting into shape, unfortunately, nothing like all of the bios I just read!I found this website by searching "how to rappell" on youtube and have been hooked since and just signed up to be a plank member! Also am a card-carrying fan boy of Apple :)Anyway, enough rambling... look forward to having intelligent discussions and learning all that I can from all of you!Thanks,David

#56 CenterMass

CenterMass

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:57 AM

Howdy.  Im Nate, 36 and live in the St. Louis Metro area in the People's Democratic Republic of Illinois.  I did a short stint as an 11B in the Illinois Guard a long time ago.  Now, I work for the US Dept. of Veterans Affairs and adjudicate disbility claims for vets.  Basically, if you were in and you send off your form to file a claim, Im the guy who gets that form and works it.  In a morning, you can help a kid who gave it all in Afghanistan and turn around and help an old timer who did his best in someplace like Bastonge in WWII.  Awesome job to have.  I know theres alot of vets here so if you have questions about benefits: ask!After a long absence, I got back into my guns about 2 years ago.  Finally built my first AR last year.  Im also a hardcore EDC guy and into knives and other little gadgets too.  Avid military history fan and really into Russian military stuff. Again, nice meeting you guys.  Have a feeling Ill spend alot of time here.
/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/PlankOwnerSignature.png

#57 mark

mark

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:29 AM

Hello All,My name is Mark and i live in the San Francisco Bay Area.I have been involved in the martial arts for over 25 years, with the last 10 or so soley focused on reality based systems - no more sport!Looking forward to learning much here!

#58 Iron Mike

Iron Mike

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:40 AM

Former Ranger, Airborne, Air Assault, EIB qualified Infantryman. I have spent time in vacation spots such as Kosovo, Israel and Iraq. Currently a civilian who enjoys time training, shooting, hiking, climbing, four wheel driving, tactical firearms instruction, building custom AR's, working out, drinking beer and being around other like minded individuals. Glad to be aboard.
Posted Image"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"

#59 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:49 AM

Iron Mike said:Former Ranger, Airborne, Air Assault, EIB qualified Infantryman. I have spent time in vacation spots such as Kosovo, Israel and Iraq. Currently a civilian who enjoys time training, shooting, hiking, climbing, four wheel driving, tactical firearms instruction, building custom AR's, working out, drinking beer and being around other like minded individuals. Glad to be aboard.

Hey Mike, Frazier here.  Hello from Fort Collins.

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#60 Iron Mike

Iron Mike

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

9chase26 said:

Iron Mike said:Former Ranger, Airborne, Air Assault, EIB qualified Infantryman. I have spent time in vacation spots such as Kosovo, Israel and Iraq. Currently a civilian who enjoys time training, shooting, hiking, climbing, four wheel driving, tactical firearms instruction, building custom AR's, working out, drinking beer and being around other like minded individuals. Glad to be aboard.

Hey Mike, Frazier here.  Hello from Fort Collins.

Long time no see! Good to hear from you man. Hope all is well and that your staying safe out there. Make sure my wife is taking care of you at our favorite "store". Look forward to interacting with you on the sight. Great minds think alike!
Posted Image"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users