Editing a post............????

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sourdough

Sourdough

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 337 posts
  • LocationOn a Mountain, at the end of a logging trail, next too the creek, in a shack, on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Why do I NOT have permission to edit my posts..........????

#2 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

if I remember correctly, gotta be a Crew Leader to be able to Edit and access PM functions.   

But where your location is sounds, heavenly

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#3 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

PM functions are definitely limited to Crew Leaders, Plank Owners, and Life Members. I think Dirty Trigger is right, the ability to edit a post is also restricted to Crew Leaders, Plank Owners, and Life Members. If you need something changed in a post you can ask a moderator and we can change it.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#4 Sourdough

Sourdough

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 337 posts
  • LocationOn a Mountain, at the end of a logging trail, next too the creek, in a shack, on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

I think it will be easier to just not post here very often. Thanks for the information on editing. Not sure why I would even consider sending money to have basic access to editing posts on any forum. But it is NOT my forum, and the owners have every right to manage it as they choose.

#5 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

Moved to forum support section.

89BccLb.png

#6 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

I think it will be easier to just not post here very often. Thanks for the information on editing. Not sure why I would even consider sending money to have basic access to editing posts on any forum. But it is NOT my forum, and the owners have every right to manage it as they choose.

Not suggesting you should necessarily become a member as it is certainly not for everybody, but I just want to point out and to clarify, the money spent on your membership to ITS get's you a lot more than just access to being able to edit your post on the forums. It also gets you a slew of discounts to a wide variety of brands, including a 15-20% discount on ITS store items as well as access to members only content and some other perks. Further if you read and enjoy the wide variety of content that ITS publishes it's a nice way to give back and support that. This is why I originally became a member. It was not because I wanted any of the perks or had even yet discovered the forum, but that I found myself reading, learning, and finding self betterment from the ITS content and I felt inclined to give back because of what I was getting out of it. 

• LongHaul likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users