• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

I bought one of the 215 hats after Bryan's review.  I used it at a IDPA match this weekend here in the Florida heat and I must say I'm very impressed.  For once I didn't have sweat dripping all day and my glasses didn't fog up like they normally do. This is a great hot weather hat and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. /wp-content/forum-smileys/thumbup.gif Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 215 Gear

215 Gear

Landlubber

• ITS Sponsor
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

CENTCOMSurvivor said:

I bought one of the 215 hats after Bryan's review.  I used it at a IDPA match this weekend here in the Florida heat and I must say I'm very impressed.  For once I didn't have sweat dripping all day and my glasses didn't fog up like they normally do. This is a great hot weather hat and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. /wp-content/forum-smileys/thumbup.gif  

CENTCOMSurvivor,  Thanks for the post. We are in the process of making the current hat even lighter and more comfortable, as well as a new version of the hat. Look for the review of the new product here at ITS Tactical.

#3 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

Sweet, if I could get our admin to check off on a Velcro patch Sheriff star (for a tac style hat) maybe we could by a bunch.  Right now we use a flexfit hat which is comfortable but hot.
Posted Image

#4 AV

AV

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hey guys.  My wife bought me one of the hats in desert digital for Christmas and I am pretty impressed.  I have tried several different "Operator" hats; some made well, other not so much.  You guys have a good thing going on these.One thing I noticed though, the desert digital version seems to be a little closer match to our AOR1 pattern than MARPAT.  That is fine since AOR1 is coming online.  Do you have any plans of trying to do a version in AOR2? Thanks for your time. V/r, AV

#5 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

That new version is making me want one for hot days.
Posted Image

#6 215 Gear

215 Gear

Landlubber

• ITS Sponsor
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

Mr. Vermillion,As with most products we make, requests drive design. If we had a large enough request for it, however you are the first. Glad you like the DD Blended Hat.

#7 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

jinx667 said:

That new version is making me want one for hot days.

Dave, the original is also really nice on hot Florida days.  Well worth looking into.
Posted Image

#8 AV

AV

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

215 - Appreciate the reply.  I'll ask around and see if there is any interest at the unit level.  We have someone making a hat in AOR2 out here in the Tidewater area, but it isn't much in terms of quality or functionality.  I know once the new uniforms are fully fielded, it would probably more of a nice to have item.  Thanks again for putting out a good product.  V/r - AV

#9 JackWilliams

JackWilliams

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

I have been wearing the tactical hat patches everyday from texastacticalhats.com.

#10 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,933 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:31 PM

Locked for an epic necropost. Please do not revive long idle threads. 

This one has not been touched since 2011...

89BccLb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users