Subscribing! Hopefully I'll have my own photos up here after this weekend

#22 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

... excuse complete lack of excitement it was around 20~ out with the wind chill putting it closer to 0 when this was taken and about 4 hours after this a blizzard rolled through. 

So... balmy summer weather then?

Nice pics, head shots on all those little bunnies, good shootin'.

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#23 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

Nice shots on those rabbits. I also love the .17, so much fun to shoot.

Hopefully i'll be adding some pics later on this thread on some deer and hogs.

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#24 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

So... balmy summer weather then?

Nice pics, head shots on all those little bunnies, good shootin'.

The trick is to scream "BOOM Headshot" after you take each one.  Actually thats the one thing with the .17 if you dont take headshots you might as well not shoot because it has a tendancy to leave tennis ball sized exit wounds in rabbits which doesnt leave a lot of salvagable meat. 

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#25 stoddy9311

stoddy9311

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

Well I wanted to go weeks ago.....but work got in the way!

But tomorrow I am going hunting no matter what! And back Sunday.....can't wait

5 of us going and have two whitetail tags, two elk tags and a mule deer tag...

And over 700 acres to hunt on!

And to top it, gonna take the mosin out and hopefully bag some white tail meat.

Pics to follow Sunday night

#26 SacRyan

SacRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 136 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Late season elk hunt starts the Wednesday before Thanksgiving but last year was good to me.

Cow tags - I'm a freezer filler not a trophy guy (just cause I've never drawn a trophy tag - they fill freezers too!)

https://plus.google....480014270012241

• spenceman likes this

Qd3OG01.png

Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.

#27 Modern-Musket

Modern-Musket

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:07 AM

Great photos everyone! 

I need to hang with you "cool kids" more often!  WoW!

#28 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

I hunt! But, out West, we do things slightly different. First off, this whole getting up before dawn thing, if it happens, it happens....

Attached File  image.jpg   71.44KB   0 downloads

We are more worried about what we are going to have for breakfast! While getting dressed!

Attached File  image.jpg   96.19KB   0 downloads

Next, you HAVE to look cool while doing anything, and that goes for your equipment too...

Attached File  image.jpg   116.55KB   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   832.93KB   0 downloads

lol yes, I have a MULTICAM bow, and yes it's the greatest killing machine out there. John Rambo comes up from Dewey Arizona once in a while to try to shoot it, but he can't pull it back.

I shot this pig at ten yards, but didn't have a ten yard pin at the time, my first pun was twenty yards. So I decided to aim low. Well, I aimed too low, and somehow cut open its hide letting all its organs out. Not my proudest moment and I felt horrible. The pig ran off, and fell off a cliff, killing itself in the process. It made a nice rug having no hole in the side of the hide though!

Attached File  image.jpg   235.59KB   0 downloads

With that mistake behind me, I installed a new sight and ten yard pin! Az law changed and we could now shoot two javalina in the same year. I celebrated by buying a second tag and taking a friend out. We spotted a herd moving about a mile out and strapped the bows to our packs and booked it towards them. My buddy lost interest and decided to gonna different way, leaving my dad and I to chase the herd and the sun. With about an hour of sunlight left I watched the herd move over the crest of a hill about fifty yards in front of me. I decided to try to call them back. It worked and I soon had pigs huffing and woofing all around me, I ranged this pig at fifteen yards, and drew back and she was still walking right at me! Great rush!!

Attached File  image.jpg   138.87KB   0 downloads

And my 2012 bull elk. This was nine months after i shredded my knee and, in all reality, shouldn't have been hiking around the mountains chasing elk! But, in Az drawing an elk tag can be a once every right to ten year event so I wasn't about to not try! This young bull came in to our calls while we were "still hunting" and gave me a perfect shot at 23 yards! Due to the angle of him being higher and me shooting from my knees the shot deflected off a rib and spined him, dropping him in his tracks. A second shot put him down for good. Stupid luck considering he died mere feet from an old jeep trail that we were able to drive a Rhino in on and get him out saving my still injured knee!

Attached Files

Edited by PsychoFish, 22 November 2014 - 01:15 PM.

• spenceman, mangeface, LongHaul and 1 other like this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hunting, camping, rafting, pictures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users