7 replies to this topic

#1 HungrySeaGull

HungrySeaGull

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hello,

I ordered my first combat shirt from Crye the other week and the arms were super baggy, the body fit very well, however the arms were more like pillow cases.

Is this common for combat shirts? 

I wanted to get a few of these shirts for dog training, loved the functional sleeve pockets.

Is there another brand I should be looking at that is high quality that has more slimmer sleeves?

Thanks!

#2 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

The two different brands I have used (5.11 and TruSpec) also have fairly baggy sleeves. I think it is just kind of how they cut that style shirt. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#3 headrusch

headrusch

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

Easy fix for that. Do some curls. 

• spenceman, beardedbern and iExpresso like this

#4 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 526 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

I wear a small long uniform top. The crye combat shirt in Small Long fits exactly the same as the issued SL uniform top in the sleeves. When I got a massif combat shirt circa 2007, I had to wear a large for the sleeves to even be comfy leaving the chest too loose.
I honestly think the loose sleeves on the crye shirt are how they should be, loose for airflow. I understand the massif shirts are tight for better flame/ burn protection but it's just not my style at all......

SOS
  • iExpresso likes this
Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

#5 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

as SKD mentioned, the baggy sleeves may be by design to help ventilate in hot climates while wearing said long sleeves.  just my personal experience. 

Edited by iExpresso, 21 September 2014 - 12:40 PM.

• SKD_Tactical and Jersey0311 like this

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

#6 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

as SKD mentioned, the baggy sleeves may be by design to help ventilate in hot climates while wearing said long sleeves.  just my personal experience. 

Truth. My FROG gear is the same way. When they're worn as designed, in the environments they were meant for, it will all make sense.

Tight sleeves are for t-shirts. Leave your operational shit loose. Freedom of movement with your clothing is something that is rarely appreciated or even noticed, til you don't have it.

• iExpresso and SKD_Tactical like this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#7 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

I would have to double check the size but my Massiff combat shirts (which I believe is a med-long) are a perfect fit... I wish my arms were big enough to make the sleeves tight but that's a different story all together.

6'0 180lbs.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#8 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 526 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

I am by no means a big guy either but the massif shirts are just "chick going clubbing" tight in my opinion.

SOS
  • beardedbern likes this
Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users