28 replies to this topic

#1 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

Holy hell guys, have you seen this thing?!

http://www.surefire....wristlight.html

It's an ass-puckering $800 but I friggen want one!

For some reason I was thinking about wrist mounted lights today. Perhaps my nerd was surfacing because of the wrist light props from Star Trek Voyager.

7457853_2_l.jpg

I remembered surefire making one but couldn't remember how expensive it was. Then I came across the gem I posted above...

• DeathwatchDoc likes this

#2 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

I've always wanted something like the lights in Star Trek, but surefire is way to proud of their stuff. I'll wait for the stream light version.

89BccLb.png

#3 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

I'm considering taking a stab at it...

#4 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Too rich for my blood, but I'd certainly read the detailed, picture heavy review you'll certainly be posting.

89BccLb.png

#5 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

Mine too, I meant a stab at building one not getting bent over by surefire

#6 JFergus7

JFergus7

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

Would love to get one of those but at that price it isn't ever going to happen.

#7 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

Oh and guess who's watch band just broke a couple of days ago? If I had the greenbacks, that thing would be shipping already.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#8 JFergus7

JFergus7

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

Maybe I can get lucky and find one used someday because some controlling wife is making her husband sell his for spending so much money!

• mangeface and Geist like this

#9 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

Holy hell guys, have you seen this thing?!

http://www.surefire....wristlight.html

It's an ass-puckering $800 but I friggen want one!

For some reason I was thinking about wrist mounted lights today. Perhaps my nerd was surfacing because of the wrist light props from Star Trek Voyager.

7457853_2_l.jpg

I remembered surefire making one but couldn't remember how expensive it was. Then I came across the gem I posted above...

Surefire has hit a whole new level of fucktardary with this pricing. Hell get one of their fancy headlamps and trim down the band....

• Geist likes this

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#10 JFergus7

JFergus7

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

That is a great idea! Never thought of doing that!

#11 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

Surefire has hit a whole new level of fucktardary with this pricing. Hell get one of their fancy headlamps and trim down the band....

They went full retard!

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#12 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

Their fancy Headlamps don't have a Luminosity watch in them...duh.

Seriously considering building my own though. Trying to figure out if I would want the light pointing straight forward or angled for handgunning like the SF one. Realistically it would get used with a gun almost never... Thoughts?

#13 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

This is what's to be expected when 2 highly overpriced albeit high quality companies combine their products in to one package. Luminox obviously makes great watches but for the price you can do better. Surefire is as stated ridiculous with their pricing.
Hell my l.l. Bean field watch by Hamilton and my streamlight stylus pro have more than served me well. Granted the light isn't nearly as bright (which isn't always a bad thing) and I'm sure the watch is more rugged but for the past 8 years it's been through hell both at work and on many a hunt or some other adventure.
If I need a brighter light than the stylus I have several on hand. On hand in the truck, closet, in various bags.

#14 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:21 PM

Their fancy Headlamps don't have a Luminosity watch in them...duh.

Seriously considering building my own though. Trying to figure out if I would want the light pointing straight forward or angled for handgunning like the SF one. Realistically it would get used with a gun almost never... Thoughts?

Get yourself a princeton tech headlamp with removable band they are designed to attached to the band or 1" webbing so you can attach them to molle.  Pick that thing up then just thread it onto an approprialtely sized watch band then the nice thing is the headlamp is designed to pivot around 90 degrees so you could have it pointing perpedicular to your wrist to parallel.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#15 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

I guess it could be that simple...

I just realized I wrote Luminosity watch instead of Luminox. I need to teach my tablet that sometimes I really mean to say what I write!

#16 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

I do not want to hijack this thread but a great deal on amazon of the surefire P2X with clicky cap single output 500 lumens for $99. Unless Palmetto State Armory lowered their price from $108? Thats the best deal ive seen lately.

#17 TRYG

TRYG

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

The instructor of a class I took this last weekend was wearing it on one of the days. The watch/light is very thick and just plain goofy looking. I cant imagine anyone outside of a select few on even fewer occasions using this. The idea of a light with that level of performance on a watch is cool but I hope the wearer doesnt need to dig something out of a bag or their pocket because it wont be an in and out affair.

#18 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

One would think managing illumination during potentially lethal low-light situations wouldn't require the right-handed user (and vice versa) to relinquish full command of his dominant hand to reach over to activate a few buttons. And that suggested selling price is fucking ridiculous. Surefire should be ashamed of themselves for marking up an item so high, its intended consumer audience could barely afford to purchase it without using line-of-credit. Did Surefire forget how much enlisted military or rank-and-file police officers make? For eight hundred dollars plus tax and shipping fees that thing better come with a goddamn personal accounting consultant.

#19 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

Surefire is relying on the national debt to pay their bills, cuz folks in the gov't have no qualms spending $800 on a flashlight at the end of the FY.

I was thinknig the Petzl Strix might make for a good wrist light.

Edited by spenceman, 11 October 2014 - 09:14 AM.

• iExpresso likes this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#20 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

Why not just make a paracord bracelet with a piece of rail in it and then use whatever WML you prefer.

89BccLb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users