7 replies to this topic

#1 chief01

chief01

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

Hey guys,

Does the diamond wire bade wear out at all?  Just for the sake of argument, if I was cutting through the links of handcuffs or a piece of rebar, while I know it would be time consuming would the wire retain its cutting power of does it dull up after a while.

Thanks

#2 Hidyn

Hidyn

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:22 PM

Sorry you haven't gotten a response, we've been sawing all week to find out.

Thank you for you patience. :)
  • LongHaul and Patoli like this

#3 chief01

chief01

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:33 PM

Sorry you haven't gotten a response, we've been sawing all week to find out.

Thank you for you patience. :)

That's actualluy funny!!!!! :)   What's not so funny is that the item is either not selling hence no replies or people are buying these things putting them wherever they put them and never them them at all.  I guess they're hoping that they work as advertised come that they that they have to spend 18 months cutting through a 1/8" piece of steel bar to escape from captivity.

#4 Hidyn

Hidyn

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

Well I do know that in one handcuff escape video on youtube the guy uses one to scuff up the chain to allow it to bind to itself better, setting it up for a breaking technique. So it may not necessarily be all about sawing through.

I'm going to make an effort to start concealing small pieces of 52 tpi hacksaw blades on my person for things like wire and cuff keys as well as more picks like the ones I usually carry.

I imagine Ill buy the diamond saw one day from the ITS shop or SEREpick to give it a try, but Ive owned cheap diamond files before and they didn't seem much different from your average needle file.

#5 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

Tell you what, I'll dig out one of my diamond blades, and I know I have a pair of broken handcuffs around here somewhere. I'll test it out, and report back. Give me a week or so (work constraints and all that jazz) and I'll get you some detailed info!
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#6 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

Alright, slow day at work today.

So the victim will be a pair of internally rusted and seized Smith and Wesson leg irons.

Attached File  image.jpg   220.04KB   0 downloads

After about ten minutes in, I had to get to the reason I was actually getting paid.

Attached File  image.jpg   172.88KB   0 downloads

After coming back to it later after doing some actual work...

Attached File  image.jpg   140.45KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   172.88KB   0 downloads

Here is the one used on the left, compared to an unused one on the right. Obviously used, but still in decent shape. The high spots have been knocked off, but the rest are still there, and I did end up just about cutting through the rest of that link.

Attached File  image.jpg   117.82KB   0 downloads

Total time, about twenty minutes. Not bad and completely reasonable to be left alone while restrained!

Edited by PsychoFish, 22 November 2014 - 09:45 PM.

• LongHaul and Davis like this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#7 chief01

chief01

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

Yeah that's not bad at all, and good to know.

thats great info. Really,  much appreciate you taking the time.

Thanks

#8 Hidyn

Hidyn

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

Agreed, thanks for taking the time! Definitely worth your while to maybe stitch a few into the inseams of your pants maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users