#41 Panhandle Rancher

Panhandle Rancher

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouthwest

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

Swabbie,

I too have shot a lot of ammo that has been in cars on the southern border all summer and in other arid climes as well. It doesn't shoot as well as ammo kept in cooler locations. Go bang it may - or may not but performance suffers. My organization shot quite a bit and most of us learned heat is not a friend to ammo, neither are sandy pistol magazines. 

I understand the FBI tests, likely more than many others. I understand the political climate as well. Having once had a job that let me shoot more than 50k pistol rounds a year, I've seen all kinds of malfunctions, ammo, shooter, and platform. Having been on the pointy end of things, I also knows what works for me. 

No doubt guys who spend a lot of money on .45 gear will defend their platforms to the end; same for 9mm shooters. There have been incredible performance gains in recent years, but in both calibers. 

Swabbie, if you have unpublished insider information, I am greatly interested. Certain I am, but not too old to change my mind.

We are all blessed with the great variety of excellent weapons, ammunition, and tactical gear.

PR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users