14 replies to this topic

#1 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:47 PM

My Zippo has a little accident recently and I am looking to buy a new one... Will ITS offer us soon a Zippo with the ITS logo on it ?

Or should I buy again a black zippo with red border ?

-xJMV

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

I...I doubt ITS will ever sale a Zippo with the ITS Tactical logo on it. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to drop a message to the guys and ask if they ever plan on having one made.

[email protected]

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 JFergus7

JFergus7

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:53 PM

Think that would actually be pretty cool. I would definitely pick one up if they did!

#4 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

E-mail sent... now waiting for a reply... In the hope to have a EDC ITS Zippo soon :)

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#5 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

Probably wouldn't hold my breath for an ITS Zippo but that could be pretty cool. I know Bryan and I love our Zippos but man does that fluid dry up quickly... Bic lighters are just much more practical. 

#6 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

Probably wouldn't hold my breath for an ITS Zippo but that could be pretty cool. I know Bryan and I love our Zippos but man does that fluid dry up quickly... Bic lighters are just much more practical.

That was definitely my thinking. Not to mention the price of custom Zippos. They can get quite exotic.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#7 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

I always have both in my EDC except at work where I can't have a BIC on me so Zippo become valuable... It is also nice to have a Zippo in a wet/humid environment.

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#8 tdbarge

tdbarge

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNOVA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

If its broken you can send it in to zippo and they will repair or replace it. If its just aesthetic they won't do anything, but if its anything to do with function I'm pretty sure they'll fix it right up for you. 

#9 polak187

polak187

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Zippo allows you to upload custom graphics and have it printed. I think it's $13 plus the price of the lighter. I don't know how durable that is but usually they don't sell junk. So in theory you can make your own ITS fan lighter. As far as your broken zippo few guys already mentioned it that it can be repaired by them. Problem is that if you are attached to particular lighter repair might require replacement.

#10 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

It is not even possible to repair it... been crushed under a piece of machinery!

@polak187 : Thanks for the information, I am looking into it!

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#11 graf

graf

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:10 AM

With a ranger band around my zippo where the cover meets it prolongs eveaporation of fluid for quite a long time, i also swapped out the wick for 3 cotton balls which when the fluid is gone will take a spark easier than the original wick, i also cut down a firesteel ans store it in the wick compartment, i also wrap the loer part of the external case with 1" duct tape always comes in handy, not pretty but very fucntional and multi use.

• xjmv likes this

#12 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

I do the ranger band thing too. Works well. A ITS logo on a 1941 replica zippo would be very badass.

#13 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

Anything like this... WARNING: I am far from a GIMP artist.... But I made my best :)

0XqTZSc.png

The logo may be bigger, just release the selection prior to find the rescale option... :/

• EMSWxSAR likes this

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#14 JFergus7

JFergus7

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM

That looks awesome! Would get one like that for sure!

#15 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

You could always just get the logo engraved on a zippo I am sure you can find a local engraver willing to do it for you. 

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fire, its

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users