#1 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

http://ravencresttactical.com/

I got to play with a few of these knives while shooting at a recent shooting compeition as they were an event sposor and had a table set up in the vendor tent.  I understand OTF knives are probably about 90% just cool guy factor but the price on these is very reasonable when you compare it to something like a benchmade infidel.  They seemed like rock solid knives.  I am curious if anyone here has any further experince with them as I was rolling around the idea of picking one up. 

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#2 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

I actually just discovered this brand two weekends ago. I was attending a gun show as a vendor and one of our neighbor vendors had one in his pocket. He pulled it out for something or another and I noticed and was an OTF auto so I asked him about it and messed around  with (read: fondled) it for a few mins. The owner of the knife had nothing but good things to say about it. My impression, though very brief, was that it seemed extremely well built and sturdy and had good American craftsmanship. Also I found out that these knives are made local to me just 20 mins from my house. As far as pricing goes, the only other OTF I've owned is a Benchmade so I was very surprised to hear how relatively low the price is compared to that. Once it is in the budget I will for sure give this brand a try. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#3 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

Nice I am seriously considering picking one up as a christmas present for myself.

I actually just discovered this brand two weekends ago. I was attending a gun show as a vendor and one of our neighbor vendors had one in his pocket. He pulled it out for something or another and I noticed and was an OTF auto so I asked him about it and messed around  with (read: fondled) it for a few mins. The owner of the knife had nothing but good things to say about it. My impression, though very brief, was that it seemed extremely well built and sturdy and had good American craftsmanship. Also I found out that these knives are made local to me just 20 mins from my house. As far as pricing goes, the only other OTF I've owned is a Benchmade so I was very surprised to hear how relatively low the price is compared to that. Once it is in the budget I will for sure give this brand a try. 

#4 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

I have 2. I've run into them a few times this year. At SHOT and again at Blade.

He gave me one and I purchased another.

I really can't say anything bad at all. The steel isn't the best. D2 I beleive.

I carry a Microtech Combat Troodon most days. That's S35sv and hold up incredible, but it's double the price.

Raven crest are good quality, made in US and have a lifetime warranty. They fire strong, the anodized metal is strong, the rubberized coating has held up strong.

I've recommebded to many that wanted to jump into the OTF area. More than cool guy factor.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#5 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

I have 2. I've run into them a few times this year. At SHOT and again at Blade.

He gave me one and I purchased another.

I really can't say anything bad at all. The steel isn't the best. D2 I beleive.

I carry a Microtech Combat Troodon most days. That's S35sv and hold up incredible, but it's double the price.

Raven crest are good quality, made in US and have a lifetime warranty. They fire strong, the anodized metal is strong, the rubberized coating has held up strong.

I've recommebded to many that wanted to jump into the OTF area. More than cool guy factor.

Hey thanks for the feedback.  They are definitely on the wish list just waiting on other projects right now. 

#6 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

Hey thanks for the feedback.  They are definitely on the wish list just waiting on other projects right now.

Make sure and let us know when you get it.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#7 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

Make sure and let us know when you get it.

Will do its just stuck taking a back seat to the Mcree precision build I am eyeing right now. 

• Klarktx likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users