26 replies to this topic

#1 joecapps1988

joecapps1988

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

I'm looking to add more items to my larger home medical kit and replace a few things that are getting close to an expiration date. A few things I'm looking for are a bag-valve mask, Israeli bandages, moldable splints, OPA and NPA, Coflex ( cohesive bandages ), chest seals, I think you get the general idea. I've looked at tactical medic.com but their prices seem slightly higher on some items than I would expect. Thanks in advance for any info. 

• SurraKart, Deroylexy and DonaldDub like this

#2 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

Going out on a limb and assuming you're trained in the use of said items.

Try rescue-essentials.com

Fair pricing

• Davis likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#3 joecapps1988

joecapps1988

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:17 AM

Yes sir I am, I probably should have said that up front just to be safe.

Just at first glance this site seems right on point with what I was looking for, thanks for the heads up. 

#4 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:22 AM

No problem, keep us posted with what's in your medical chest.

TBL-2.png

#5 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:33 AM

Jersey is spot on with rescue-essentials.com. I get a lot of my stuff direct from a medical supplier through my work and even with those discounted prices rescue-essentials is within a buck or two of my supplier pricing, so it's for sure good to go. Also, for some items remember that you can find good deals on eBay from time to time... just be careful and make sure they give you expiration dates and all that up front. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#6 joecapps1988

joecapps1988

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:34 AM

I'll post something after I restock with pictures. 

#7 joecapps1988

joecapps1988

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

you can find good deals on eBay from time to time... just be careful and make sure they give you expiration dates and all that up front. 

I got screwed over last time I bought medical supplies on ebay, live and learn I suppose. 

#8 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:14 AM

There is a lot of counterfeit medical gear on eBay and on Amazon. Make certain that you get something from a trusted seller (Rescue Essentials, Remote Medical International, Boundtree Medical, etc.)

I get dealer pricing with Boundtree Medical and H and H Medical - for my business, Immediate Action Outfitters, LLC.

Good luck!

Chris

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM (I will either find a way, or make one.) - Hannibal

ITS Life Member and Crew Leader

Owner and Principal Instructor - at, Immediate Action Outfitters, LLC www.facebook.com/ImmediateActionOutfitters

#9 polak187

polak187

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

PM me your wish list and I hook you up with what I can.

#10 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

PM me your wish list and I hook you up with what I can.

He can't, PMing is for Crew Leaders and above only. You two are both SOL unfortunately.

I'm in need of a few more CAT TQs. You got a hookup?

TBL-2.png

#11 polak187

polak187

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

I have access to basic stuff which he expressed interest in and I hate anyone paying for crap that some institutions throw away when box gets squished or half empty. But no PM no dice I guess. 

#12 joecapps1988

joecapps1988

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:44 PM

I ordered a few things from rescue essentials and got some things from an EMT with a similar hook up. Thanks for the offer though. 

On a side note, do you feel like being a crew leader is worth what you pay?

#13 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

I ordered a few things from rescue essentials and got some things from an EMT with a similar hook up. Thanks for the offer though. 

On a side note, do you feel like being a crew leader is worth what you pay?

Fuck yes. Without a doubt. The discounts alone are worth it and have paid for my membership several times over. I think it's $50 a year or something, which for most is something that's easily affordable.

• LongHaul, Davis, DieselD and 1 other like this

TBL-2.png

#14 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:07 PM

^^^ What he said!

Yes, being a paying member of ITS Tactical is very much so worth it. There are a lot of financial benefits, with all of the discount codes and all that; but it is more than that. ITS is an outstanding community of people; the folks at ITS spend a lot of time putting together quality content to share with their community and by being a paying member you are able to give back to that a little bit and therefore be a part of it as well and for me that's what does it; not the discounts, not the added benefit of being able to send PM's or do whatever else with the forum, but to be part of something awesome. The folks that I have personally met and connected with through ITS are some of the most genuine, down to earth, real Americans I have ever had the pleasure to know and call friends. 

• LongHaul, Jersey0311 and EMSWxSAR like this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#15 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:44 PM

Fuck yes. Without a doubt. The discounts alone are worth it and have paid for my membership several times over. I think it's $50 a year or something, which for most is something that's easily affordable.

^^^ What he said!

Yes, being a paying member of ITS Tactical is very much so worth it. There are a lot of financial benefits, with all of the discount codes and all that; but it is more than that. ITS is an outstanding community of people; the folks at ITS spend a lot of time putting together quality content to share with their community and by being a paying member you are able to give back to that a little bit and therefore be a part of it as well and for me that's what does it; not the discounts, not the added benefit of being able to send PM's or do whatever else with the forum, but to be part of something awesome. The folks that I have personally met and connected with through ITS are some of the most genuine, down to earth, real Americans I have ever had the pleasure to know and call friends. 

^^^ What they said!

It would be difficult to add to the fine words that Jersey0311 and Davis already wrote. So I'll just say that the membership is more than worth it and they are both spot on with their comments!

• Jersey0311 likes this

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#16 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

What they said. My membership more than pays for itself and I get a lot out of the articles and forum that I'm keeping online.

89BccLb.png

#17 joecapps1988

joecapps1988

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

I have looked at it a few times, this defiantly pushes me more in that direction. I'll probably get a membership in the next week or so.  

• Davis and DeathwatchDoc like this

#18 schüler

schüler

Swabbie

• Validating
  • 45 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:10 PM

I usually use Chinook Medical Supply  Back when I was sworn they gave an extra percentage off for LE.

I will give the rescue-essentials site a go, too.

#19 firefighter238

firefighter238

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 39 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

I'm sure its been said but try North American Rescue. If you're having any troubles PM me, let's just say I know a guy. LOL

• Davis, Jersey0311 and CrazyD like this
2gQSCj5.png

#20 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

I'm sure its been said but try North American Rescue. If you're having any troubles PM me, let's just say I know a guy. LOL

Details my man details! I am in need of a few things myself!

TBL-2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users