26 replies to this topic

#21 Eli-EMTP

Eli-EMTP

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

Hi guys, i'm new here. 

I am an EMT-P working nowadays with Militaries and Homeland Security forces mainly in Asia, supplying Medical equipment and training. 

Having said that i'm sure you understand i am commercially connected but never the less, i think i can contribute thoughts and ideas when it comes to Medical supplies.

To joecapps1988, few items that may be of interest to you:

1. 4BC kit. A sealed vacuumed Hemorrhage Control kit that includes the Israeli Bandage that you've mentioned, a Tourniquet,a  Hemostatic agent and gloves. All in one pack that can easily separated for the use of one item or more while keeping other items sealed. 

2. PBVM - a Bag Valve Mask folded into a small hard case container to save space and to keep bvm clean. 

You can look those up on the net and compare prices. I would suggest to buy only from listed distributors. 

And yes, if you need more details, i know a guy too......;)

#22 DarkReaper9821

DarkReaper9821

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

TacMed Solutions is also a reaaly good source of medical supplies

Posted Image

#23 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:28 AM

My go to source

#24 martin bishop

martin bishop

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:48 AM

And it just so happens that I happen to have a source with them if anyone is interested...

Look at all of us cool guy first responders and medics willing to share all our secret hookups to tac-med, chinhook, r-e etc.  :cool:

Op the truth is with the exception of SOF-t's, Hemostats, izzy bandages, the real specialized stuff. Theres two kinds of medics out there, those of up who source our OPA's, NA's, coflex, chest seals, BSI gear etc. from the storage closet on our way out of the ED, and those of us who lie about doing that. :slap: :slap: .

In all seriousness at least at my hospital I am free to restock my kit within reason if need be, lets be real here, have you ever seen how much a freaking tagaderm costs at a pharmacy O_O

I burned my little plast face shield that you can put on your keychain as well as my own bvm prior to the bag and o2 arriving out of the trunk of my car, as well as a ton of bsi stuff, and basically half my POV medic bag which ended up spilld out all over the side of the road when all was said and done a few months ago. I told my boss my war story and of course he told me to go restock my gear with everything I lost...

Edited by martin bishop, 19 September 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#25 Hidyn

Hidyn

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:32 PM

have you ever seen how much a freaking tagaderm costs at a pharmacy O_O

Holy hell. True story.

I needed to restock rolled gauze the other day. I don't remember what it cost but it was so high I didn't buy it.

#26 flashlightsolutions

flashlightsolutions

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:00 AM

Something I read in another forum is that some people get something like a coupon to spent on supplies each year by their health plan.

And some specialized stores that accept this, also stock wound first aid kits or kits from A.M.K that include quiclot etc...

#27 JeanetteDeguzman

JeanetteDeguzman

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:25 AM

I have a set of TacMed resources.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users