#1 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:20 PM

Hello!

I am currently in the Sheriff's Academy pursuing my dream career of working in law enforcement. In doing so, I've had the pleasure of some amazing training in firearms, TECC, etc.

Look forward to having some productive conversations with like-minded people!

• SKD_Tactical, EMSWxSAR, jaymz and 1 other like this

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#2 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:21 PM

Hello!

I am currently in the Sheriff's Academy pursuing my dream career of working in law enforcement. In doing so, I've had the pleasure of some amazing training in firearms, TECC, etc.

Look forward to having some productive conversations with like-minded people!

Congrats brother, I'm about to be in the same boat come this January, but across the river in NJ. Where in NY are you? I'm a NYC transplant myself.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#3 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:09 AM

Welcome to the fold, good luck with the academy.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#4 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:01 AM

Congrats brother, I'm about to be in the same boat come this January, but across the river in NJ. Where in NY are you? I'm a NYC transplant myself.

Thanks! I am about as far west in NY as possible. So pretty far from NYC and NJ!

Good luck to you, will you be attending an Academy?

Welcome to the fold, good luck with the academy.

Thank you!

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#5 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

Thanks! I am about as far west in NY as possible. So pretty far from NYC and NJ!

Good luck to you, will you be attending an Academy?

Thank you!

Yep starting in January if everything pans out. NJ LE for the most part aren't into the whole gun control thing, which is good. Serves as a barrier to jackassery. Hopefully your coworkers out there feel the same way.

Stay safe brother!

TBL-2.png

#6 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:22 AM

Yep starting in January if everything pans out. NJ LE for the most part aren't into the whole gun control thing, which is good. Serves as a barrier to jackassery. Hopefully your coworkers out there feel the same way.

Stay safe brother!

How long is your training? Thankfully the majority is pro gun - however Cuomo clearly is not.

You as well!

vt9QnZk.png

#7 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

How long is your training? Thankfully the majority is pro gun - however Cuomo clearly is not.

You as well!

20-24 weeks depending on what academy you're sent to. Mine is going to be 20 weeks. Start in January and finish in May. Yours?

TBL-2.png

#8 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:21 PM

Welcome!

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#9 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:07 AM

20-24 weeks depending on what academy you're sent to. Mine is going to be 20 weeks. Start in January and finish in May. Yours?

21 weeks of training followed by 4 weeks of field training. Started in August, finish in February-March and graduation is in May

Welcome!

Thanks!

vt9QnZk.png

#10 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

21 weeks of training followed by 4 weeks of field training. Started in August, finish in February-March and graduation is in May

Thanks!

Mine is 20 weeks in the academy, 12 weeks on FTO, then the final 12 weeks solo but shadowed to calls. That finishes out my probationary year and I'm permanently assigned to a shift.

Can't wait for this time next year man!

TBL-2.png

#11 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

Mine is 20 weeks in the academy, 12 weeks on FTO, then the final 12 weeks solo but shadowed to calls. That finishes out my probationary year and I'm permanently assigned to a shift.

Can't wait for this time next year man!

That's a long time! I'm guessing you are guaranteed a job then? Here we have to go through the academy and then get a job. The 4 weeks of field training is for the academy, followed by additional field training depending on which department you are hired by.

vt9QnZk.png

#12 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

That's a long time! I'm guessing you are guaranteed a job then? Here we have to go through the academy and then get a job. The 4 weeks of field training is for the academy, followed by additional field training depending on which department you are hired by.

NJ is a strange beast, some guys pay their way through, and some guys are sponsored. I'm being sponsored.

TBL-2.png

#13 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

NJ is a strange beast, some guys pay their way through, and some guys are sponsored. I'm being sponsored.

That's awesome! Here we are legally sponsored as a recruit but are not actually hired. We are required to pay for everything

vt9QnZk.png

#14 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:32 AM

Welcome to the club. Far west NY you say, I'm in Chautauqua country.

#15 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!! Our company began in NY and some of our employees, like me, are still in NY. Hate the gun laws, taxes and a myriad of other things but It is the Capitol of the World.

SOS
Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

#16 Modern-Musket

Modern-Musket

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Welcome to the forum and to "the job." 

I'm with the SP and am stationed in Niagara Falls...live in West Seneca.  If you are attending the Erie County Central Police Services Academy, there is a chance I be one of your firearm instructors :)

SKD is absolutely fantastic.....give my best to Joe please! 

#17 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

Welcome to the club. Far west NY you say, I'm in Chautauqua country.

Likewise!

Welcome to the forum!! Our company began in NY and some of our employees, like me, are still in NY. Hate the gun laws, taxes and a myriad of other things but It is the Capitol of the World.

SOS

Thanks! It is a beautiful state, but the leaders aren't exactly ideal. 

Welcome to the forum and to "the job." 

I'm with the SP and am stationed in Niagara Falls...live in West Seneca.  If you are attending the Erie County Central Police Services Academy, there is a chance I be one of your firearm instructors :)

SKD is absolutely fantastic.....give my best to Joe please! 

Little farther south...Chautauqua. I did go to college up in Erie Co though. 

How does Erie Co do their range program?

vt9QnZk.png

#18 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:58 AM

Drop me a line sometime and maybe we can meet up for a cold one, head to the range, or just shoot the sh!t.  ebmtbsale at gmail dot com is my generic email.  I'm interested in the TECC, picking your brain, as well as taking for myself as a civilian.

It is nice to see someone else from this far west in NYS.

#19 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

Drop me a line sometime and maybe we can meet up for a cold one, head to the range, or just shoot the sh!t.  ebmtbsale at gmail dot com is my generic email.  I'm interested in the TECC, picking your brain, as well as taking for myself as a civilian.

It is nice to see someone else from this far west in NYS.

Will do...do you happen to be a TECC instructor?

vt9QnZk.png

#20 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

Will do...do you happen to be a TECC instructor?

No, but I'm interested in taking the class if I have an opportunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users