#1 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

hey!

Since I am young, I like to see planes fly in the sky, land or take off... I fly on regular basis.

For almost a year now, I am hosting a FlighRadar24 receiver at home. They provide it free of charge (it is like 800$ each) if you fit their requirement (location and few more details).

While providing data to FR24, I also use adsbScope to monitor the receiver and make my personal stuff with the data collected by my receiver. I use the data to get alerts and data on plane landing at the airport nearby or to have alert on plane I put into my "watch list". I also watch my airspace in general and use FR24 to get accurate data of some flight worldwide.

I thought some of you may be interested to host such a device to help FR24 expend their coverage just like I do and maybe it can be useful for you. When you host a receiver, you obtain free Premium membership as long as you feed data. One device in a given area will allow FR24 to show planes that already provide their position in their broadcast information. 3 or more device in the same area will allow FR24 to show planes that already provide their position in their broadcast plus it allows to track planes with MLAT if panes do not broadcast positions.

If you are interested to get a free receiver, see: http://www.flightrad...ads-b-equipment

If you already have a receiver and would like to share with FR24: http://www.flightradar24.com/software

What kind of use would you do having such a device ? I think someone might give a brand new use to the data collected by the receiver and it may turn useful to lot of people so share your thought.

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

My eyeballs. I see planes come and go on a daily basis...seeing as how I work on them.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

@mangeface: Well It is a nice world you works in! Airplanes are impressive machines... Just looking at them getting off the ground, especially heavy ones like A380...

Or when I work remote in Northern Canada area where we land on a lake ice strip with planes ranging from Dash-8, 737 and even C-130.

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#4 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

I work on 737s primarily. Done some work on Dash 8s that have been operating in Afghanistan and damn I hate those planes.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#5 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

I work on 737s primarily. Done some work on Dash 8s that have been operating in Afghanistan and damn I hate those planes.

Hahaha Dash-8 are far from being my favourite planes, but they are a needed PITA when it comes to short runway. The best flights I ever had has been on a C-130 we chartered to transport some gear. Smooth ride plus so much space to move around when you're pissed of being sit.

Commercial 737 seats are now just too tight for a guy my size, I don't even need knee defender cause when I'm sit, my back properly against my seat, my knees are melted into the seat in front of me....

• mangeface likes this

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#6 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

"Smooth ride" and "so much space" are not words that I would use to describe my experience with C-130s.

While I breathe I shall defend.

#7 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

"Smooth ride" and "so much space" are not words that I would use to describe my experience with C-130s.

Depending of your background... But I rode the C-130 as civilian...

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviation, aircraft, airplane, radar, airport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users