#1 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

I've got two issues.

First, when I come to the forums on my Galaxy S5, it always takes me directly to the mobile version. Even though I book marked it under the full version. Anyway, it's not that hard to switch, but is there a way to make it automatically go to the full version by default? My phone settings are set to ask for the desktop site. It works for the main page, but not the forums.

Second, when in the shop and trying to add something to my cart, it simply won't work on my phone. Using Chrome. But tried it on the default S5 browser and got the same thing. I have to order on a real computer. Which I'm rarely anywhere near one. Any ideas on this?

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

I have the Galaxy S4 and have the same issue with the browser. Just something that you have to deal with.

As far as the store goes, I don't have anything. We have a few more tech savvy guys here that should be able to help you (granted it seems everyone on the forums use Apple phones).

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:47 PM

Cool thanks. The store checkout issue is really my main concern. I'd spend way more if I could just do it from my phone....

#4 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

I've noticed that sometimes with some of the items in the store i have to holddown on the "add to cart" button amd open it in a new tab or open in the background and then itll add it to my cart.

This is on the Iphone of course and not Galaxy but it may help?

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#5 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

Nope.

I should be more clear. When I hit add to cart, it opens a new page with an error message saying my browser doesn't support it. But doesn't seem to matter which browser I use. On a desktop pc, it works on any browser. This is just on my Galaxy S5. It did it with my S3 too. Just switch phones and same issues

#6 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

This is the page I get when trying to add stuff to the cart. It appears to have something to do with Java script. Whatever that is

Attached Files

#7 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

Sorry, couldn't edit.

I asked my kid (no, really) and now I know what Javascript is. I checked my phone's settings (actually, the kid did) and it's enabled. I disabled it and re-enabled it. No joy. Still can't do it.

#8 EMSWxSAR

EMSWxSAR

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 368 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

Don't have the S5 to test with, but try this. JavaScript is local to the browser, so also try the dolphin browser, Firefox and/or Opera. They are all available in the Google play store.

Edited by EMSWxSAR, 02 December 2014 - 07:24 AM.

its_fl_sar_smaller.png

#9 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

This is the page I get when trying to add stuff to the cart. It appears to have something to do with Java script. Whatever that is

Thanks for asking about this because there's a simple workaround. Through some testing and asking our Shopping Cart software company, we found out there's a glitch with Android devices using Chrome. They say they're working on it but we're also working on a solution of our own. 

In the meantime, click "Request desktop site" from the settings menu in Chrome and you should be good to go for checking out from the ITS Store. 

aGyiXBM.png

We apologize for the inconvenience but we hope to have things fixed soon. Thanks for hanging in there guys!

Oh and as a side note, I think Dolphin and Firefox work fine and don't see this issue but I prefer Chrome on my Android device as well.

• Corbs and EMSWxSAR like this

#10 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

Thanks! It's still goofy, but I can get it to work. I have to hit it twice, which adds the item into my cart twice. But I can just remove one, then drive on as normal.

For what it's worth, the Internet browser that comes standard with the phone wouldn't work either. I'll look into Dolphin.
  • mikejulietpapa and EMSWxSAR like this

#11 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

I prefer Chrome on my Android, but Dolphin is a solid browser. It also has a feature where it will load all websites in the full version, if that's what you prefer.

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#12 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

I gotta say it: iPhone, safari works great with ITS, been using it since I joined.

• Davis and CrazyD like this

89BccLb.png

#13 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

I prefer Chrome on my Android, but Dolphin is a solid browser. It also has a feature where it will load all websites in the full version, if that's what you prefer.

You can tick that box in chrome too, chrome also recently added data compression, though that likely means all of your web pages go through a google data centre somewhere.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users