• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thetacticalmonkey

thetacticalmonkey

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

Our first child is almost here and my wife's mama bear instinct is kicking in. She has a M&P 9 with an Inforce APL that she loves. She had previously stated she would only grab it from the safe in an emergency. However, with realizing she may need two hands for the baby or may want to wear it shooting/walking the dogs/ out in the boonies/bump in the night scenario, I want to build her a battle belt. She has played with my ALS holster for my Glock and likes the retention method. She also stated she wants to run the gun at the 4:00 position right now. She does not wear pants with belt loops so it would need to be a quick buckle on and off set up.  Any ideas? I know that most nylon duty belts will ride up without being run through loops. I also know my wife isn't a huge fan of a super padded belt. I have a condor laying around that she thought was too big. Also what would you include on the belt? I am figuring 

• Surefire 6P
  • Spare Magazine
  • TQ
  • Firearm

Additions and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Jersey0311 likes this

#2 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

The guys that've been around a while already know what I'm gonna say :sleep:

That being said, every piece of kit that supports a weapon needs at least two things to start.

Bullets and bandages. Stuff to make holes and stuff to plug holes. If not an IFAK, at the very least a TQ.

Your belt setup is very minimalist and has everything I'd throw on it. A backup handheld light (because WMLs aren't always appropriate), spare ammo, a TQ (though I personally would run an IFAK), plus the weapon.

In theory you could add a dump pouch as well, maybe a spare AR mag pouch, but that's more for a training setup at that point.

You covered the bases man, I'd just strongly consider throwing an IFAK on there versus just a TQ, and then getting her schooled up in the ways of using it.

• Davis likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#3 thetacticalmonkey

thetacticalmonkey

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:31 AM

Thanks Bullets. ITS Tallboy stays in my Go Bag so is accessible if it is a bump in the night scenario. Funds permitting I will pick up a second dedicated for home and toss it on her belt. I will toss a dump pouch on there because it's never a bad idea to have one. Any suggestions on an ideal belt. I just don't want something that is gonna ride up and prevent a good draw stroke. I was surfing arfcom, which made my head hurt, and came across this Volund Micro Battle Belt. I am intrigued to say the least.  The no skid interior may be helpful.

http://store.volundg...-duty-belt.html

#4 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

Here's my pistol belt setup, at the moment, only difference is I've replaced the safariland SLS with a gcode XST on a mule rig

DSC01490_zpse4dea855.jpg

Consists of:

TQ is mounted on the front of my work plate carrier, and IFAK that would normally go on is currently in my trunk as an emergency kit. I'm looking hard at either the Dark Angel D.A.R.K. or S.O.TECH Viper Flat IFAK.

Another option is the Ares Armor Micro Belt, which is a little thinner but is also padded, while the gear I use above is only barely padded but wider.

Edited by Psybain, 06 December 2014 - 01:14 AM.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#5 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Thanks Bullets. ITS Tallboy stays in my Go Bag so is accessible if it is a bump in the night scenario. Funds permitting I will pick up a second dedicated for home and toss it on her belt. I will toss a dump pouch on there because it's never a bad idea to have one. Any suggestions on an ideal belt. I just don't want something that is gonna ride up and prevent a good draw stroke. I was surfing arfcom, which made my head hurt, and came across this Volund Micro Battle Belt. I am intrigued to say the least.  The no skid interior may be helpful.

http://store.volundg...-duty-belt.html

That is the belt I was going to suggest you look at when I was just reading your original post. But it would appear you already found it. I have not seen this belt in person, but really want to try one because of it's low profile and the fact that it is not your typical big padded bulky battle belt. 

If you have the space, I would say put a bare minimum of two spare mags on the belt and preferably 3 or 4. And then like Jersey suggested, an IFAK. It does not have to be big or huge, but something more than just a TQ. Bare minimum should be a TQ, QuikClot, and a pressure dressing such as an Israeli bandage.   

• Jersey0311 likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#6 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

That is the belt I was going to suggest you look at when I was just reading your original post. But it would appear you already found it. I have not seen this belt in person, but really want to try one because of it's low profile and the fact that it is not your typical big padded bulky battle belt. 

If you have the space, I would say put a bare minimum of two spare mags on the belt and preferably 3 or 4. And then like Jersey suggested, an IFAK. It does not have to be big or huge, but something more than just a TQ. Bare minimum should be a TQ, QuikClot, and a pressure dressing such as an Israeli bandage.   

I agree with the exception of the bare minimum. I'd replace the QC with a chest seal. Wound packing isn't such a big deal assuming you can stop the bleeding with the TQ. Chest seal is a bigger priority IMO. Those are the bare minimum items I'd have personally and what I tell the students in TCCC/CLS class to keep on their person.

• Davis likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#7 thetacticalmonkey

thetacticalmonkey

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the delay a new baby will do that. I am liking the volund gear belt. The First Spear assaulter also doesn't look overly padded. No reason I shouldn't buy a new battlebelt for me as well.  :evil: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users