• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Davidsonsmash

Davidsonsmash

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

I'm going to be starting college in Tulsa and was wondering if anybody around that area would know about some part time jobs there with decent pay.  Thank you

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

What's your school schedule going to be? And what kind of skills do you have? There's a lot of of jobs up in Tulsa, so it's kind of the pick of the flavor.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 Davidsonsmash

Davidsonsmash

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

I think the schedule is roughly 0700-1500 and I've had different jobs between deployments with the national guard so I'm kind of a jack of all trades. Do you know of any jobs that require a security clearance because I just had mine renewed before I got out of the guard and I think it's good for 8 years. Thank you

#4 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:54 PM

Mmm...not really to my knowledge. I know there's the Bank of Oklahoma headquarters in Tulsa, American Airlines has a large maintenance depot there, Business Jet has a facility. Natural gas is big here in Oklahoma, especially with Chesapeake Energy and Devon Energy, but most of the headquarters are located in OKC and field work wouldn't work out well with your schedule.

Which college are you going to? Only ones I know of up there is Tulsa and Oral B. Roberts.

VQz5Nwz.png

#5 Davidsonsmash

Davidsonsmash

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

I'm going to spartan college of aeronautics to be an airplane mechanic. Most jobs I've found pay 8-9 dollars an hour and the schedules ain't to great. Is there a gun range there where I could rent guns and shoot. I'm staying in student housing and I can't have them there.

#6 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Oh god man, if you can DO NOT go to that school. Go to Tulsa Tech instead. I'm in aviation and know quite a few guys that went to Spartan. All of them regret it.

VQz5Nwz.png

#7 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

Actually, my email is listed on my profile page. Shoot me an email.

VQz5Nwz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users