#1 Poochalottamus

Poochalottamus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ and Boston, MA

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hey guys.

I just got out of the Army, and decided to move to Phoenix to go to ASU. I'm looking for some hidden gems to occupy my time here. I like hiking, biking, climbing, an all things adrenaline junkie like (skydiving, bungee jumping etc.). I also enjoy hunting and fishing. I visit national monuments quite a bit. But tell me some of the lesser known things to do around here so I can make the most of my time while I finish up school before heading back to the east coast to settle down.

#2 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

Welcome man. I work in Tempe. There are a few of regulars here from AZ. Glad to have you. Be in touch soon.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#3 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

I'm not 100% sure since I haven't looked into any details, but I hear the western edge of the state has a bit of skydiving. Yuma, Quartzite, Parker, Havasu. For a single college man Havasu during spring break might be the best place to uh.... skydive.

• Psybain and Poochalottamus like this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#4 Poochalottamus

Poochalottamus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

Welcome man. I work in Tempe. There are a few of regulars here from AZ. Glad to have you. Be in touch soon.

Thanks. Look forward to hearing for you.

#5 Austin Powers

Austin Powers

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

Welcome to Phoenix, my only advise is get yourself a tuckable pistol and carry everywhere you are legally allowed to do so ( no ccw permit required in AZ so long as you are not a prohibited possessor).  What are you studying?  I am a junior at ASU in EE so I'm around the Tempe campus but live in north west valley (deer valley).

#6 Poochalottamus

Poochalottamus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

Welcome to Phoenix, my only advise is get yourself a tuckable pistol and carry everywhere you are legally allowed to do so ( no ccw permit required in AZ so long as you are not a prohibited possessor).  What are you studying?  I am a junior at ASU in EE so I'm around the Tempe campus but live in north west valley (deer valley).

Thanks for the info. I carry a Glock 27 with me everywhere... easily tuckable. I'm studying Criminology/CJ so I'm mainly at the Downtown Campus. I live in the West Valley right off I-10.

#7 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:28 AM

Welcome, I'm stationed in san diego, but i visit the phoenix area occasionally. Trying to get orders to yuma at some point.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#8 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

Lets see, you're in central Az so for hiking you'll have Camel Back and the surounding mountain ranges that provide morning/day hikes. In addition, Camel Back/Echo Canyon provides some nice mountain climbing/rappelling options.

For Sky Diving, about an hour or so south of you in Arizona City/Eloy area is a major skydiving area that has been the location of a lot of attempted world record jumps, and some military type photo shoot jumps. They jump most days down there, weather permitting.

After that, we have a litteral crap ton of public land. So much so, that just about anywhere you want to go, you can find public land. Some just require a day use permit ($6 a day for lakes for instances in the tonto national forest, additional $4 for a water craft). But besides that, you can hike, bike, climb to your hearts content!

Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users