12 replies to this topic

#1 Bulletsthenbeer

Bulletsthenbeer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSouth MS

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

So pretty new to a lot of topics on the site even though a lot of them have become huge area of interest. One brand I keep reading (everywhere not just here) is TAD. Which I'll admit everything I've read is praise. Haven't found a bad review yet. So my interest is peaked even more. The only problem is EVERYTHING I want on their site is sold out. Is this pretty normal for them this time of the year? Do the usually restock after Christmas?
Thanks.

#2 smokey

smokey

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNorthern Utah

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

The best way to get what you want is to sign up for their emails. They are often out of stock on popular items and will let people know through facebook/email lists.

#3 Bulletsthenbeer

Bulletsthenbeer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSouth MS

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

Thanks. I did sign up a little while back. That's what I get for being late to the party lol!

#4 TRYG

TRYG

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

Their stuff is great... High quality and worth the money (especially their rs cargo shorts and I cant stress this enough).

If you want one of the knives or axes its better to get your order listed with the actual manufacturer. TAD versions sell out in minutes and are low production versions made for them.

#5 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

I have also heard good things. It is a lot of money, curious how worth it it is. 

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#6 Bulletsthenbeer

Bulletsthenbeer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSouth MS

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

Got my eye on a few. I like the ranger hoodie and the light speed pack. The jacket seems high but really it's pretty close to northface's jackets that have polar tec. The pack seems a little high but when I read reviews they are all praise. Haven't found a bad review yet. Other than availability!

#7 mike2468

mike2468

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

yeah their availability sucks because everyone buys their merchandise so fast.  I think next time I am in SF, i am going to swing by their store and see if I have any luck with finding merchandise in stock.

Tu7wwUX_zps4005c234.png

Strive to be a leader of Character, Competence, and Courage

#8 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

TAD > Arc'Teryx.......

However you can always get Arc'Teryx. I have some TAD stuff... I tend to buy it off ebay more than anywhere else. There are some unscrupulous people out there that will buy EVERYTHING that comes in stock and put it on ebay, especially when it comes to patches, packs and tools. Not so much on clothes. For instance the TAD Tracker 1" patch that was 3.50 originally I bought off ebay 18 of them for 14.00 each. Some patches go for up to 100 bucks... 

Posted Image

#9 Bulletsthenbeer

Bulletsthenbeer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSouth MS

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

Called the guys at TAD yesterday and after a few question I pulled the trigger on the Ranger hoodie.  The older one. Got a pretty good deal on it too. Can't wait to check it out.  Hope they are as awesome as everything I've read.

#10 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

TAD has a super strong following. It's sometimes cult like.
Their gear is good, but they are in a popular niche market. That said, I have a few Dauntless TAD knives, they clothing is well made (again on par with some other similar).
But they stand behind it, keep designs and such very current. Made in US.
I have Recon and Force10 pants.
I wear a Black ShagMaster almost daily.

So overall great. Eye for details. Things others don't think about (placement of pockets, bi direction zippers for handgun access, etc)

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#11 Bulletsthenbeer

Bulletsthenbeer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSouth MS

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Quick update... My TAD ranger hoodie came in today. First dealing with TAD.
First impressions:
1) customer service is first class
2) jackets seems very well built
3) the only thing I have to compare to is north face and TAD smokes NF.
Will definitely do more business with them. Can't wait to see how it holds up.

#12 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

Irritating TAD story:

I was down in SF taking one of their "Core" classes at their main store. They had a patch board on display with all of their currently-in-maunufacture patches up. I picked one out to buy and the dude told me it was currently out of stock but that it'd be re-stocked soon.

I asked if it'd be ok to buy the display one. He shot me down! Here I am traveling out of state and paying full price for a class with them and all I want is a stupid patch to advertise for them and was met with a "no".

But yes, all of their stuff seems very nice. In my part of the county you can't go to any tactical-related event and not see a bunch of TAD gear running around.

Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

#13 Gtv941

Gtv941

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCentral New York

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

I love TAD gear, I'm a big fan of the force 10 cargos. I also purchase most of my TAD from eBay simply because it's sold out on TAD.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users