10 replies to this topic

#1 Raskin

Raskin

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

I am reworking my battle belt setup and looking to upgrade my range multi tool. I am currently running a Gerber Suspension, and would like a more AR specific tool. My battle belt is for shooting 2gun and in a local practice rifle program, so I don't need an EOD tool as I am not going to war. It is a toss up between the Multitasker series 3, Leatherman Mut, and Gerber 600 sight tool.

I am looking for any first hand experience with listed tools thanks in advance.

#2 mfrench

mfrench

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNorthEast

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

My vote goes to the MUT, I own a wave which is a great tool and have used a buddys MUT, after using it I wish I went with the MUT honestly.

• SwatDawg335 likes this

#3 tdbarge

tdbarge

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNOVA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

Multitasker hands down, IMO. I've had a MUT and a number of gerbers and for an AR specific (and most other instances) tool you can't get any better than the Multitasker. I have a 2x, but the series 3 is even better. 

#4 SacRyan

SacRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 136 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Currently running a MUT and happy with it.  It's fixed all sorts of AR issues and dozens of different handgun makes and model minor issues.  Never even handled a multitasker though so I can't run ya a comparison.

Qd3OG01.png

Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.

#5 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

I also own a multitasker and highly recommend it to everyone

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#6 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

I've been looking at the multitasker. But I gotta question the castle nut wrench.

Has anyone, or do you think you would, actually use this? Seems to me that an issue with the castle nut is more than likely a take it home and fix problem. Or better yet, has anyone actually needed to tighten or remove one in the field? I've never had one come loose. Ever. Anywhere.

So I'm wondering if it's a wasted space/weight tool on there that one might be better off without. Or maybe a more usable tool in it's place.

ETA: Also, how do you know the inch pounds you're applying? Or would you care in the field? I'm guessing that if it was my one rifle, in the feild, and I needed to tighten it, I'd not care about torque ratings. Continue the fight and worry later. But since I've never dealt with it, I don't know

Edited by pira114, 22 December 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#7 Raskin

Raskin

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Thank you for the info. It is providing me with some food for thought. I will keep researching and let everyone know which route I decide to go.

#8 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

MultiTasker has my vote for this application.
Yes. I Currently have all listed and the MT is my Go To

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#9 Raskin

Raskin

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

I have decided to go with the Multitasker, now I just have to pull the trigger on it.

#10 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

I'm with you on that one Raskin, as much as I like them it's hard to stomach the additional cost for a job specific tool.

Granted, it may be the nicest looking one to boot.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#11 Raskin

Raskin

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

Yeah it is really a shooting specific tool, but it is a great tool for the job. The driver bits and needle nose pliers should get one through most tasks, the Esse 4 on the battle belt fills the roll of a knife rather well. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users