#1 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

OK guys,

i've got a great discount code on the Spyderco website. I'd share, but the code is good for only one purchase (sorry). It runs out at the end of December, so i'm thinking that i could use any cash i get for Christmas to pick up a new knife at a great price. I'm thinking of picking up the Karahawk, but would also like to get a "standard" Spyderco. Any suggestions from the Spyderco devotees?

La'

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#2 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

Sage

#3 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:08 PM

Sage

That's a nice looking knife

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#4 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

I absolutly love my Paramilitary 2 and the Manix 2 will be next one I purchase.

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#5 TexCzech

TexCzech

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSouth , Tx

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

Paramilitary 2 , Police , Sage , The new Burch Chubby , you can't go wrong with any of these . They also have a new for 2014 Karambit that's pretty nice.

#6 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

It all depends on what you want in a spyderco. If you want something that is built like a main battle tank the manix 2 or Gayle Bradley is your knife. If you want a classy high performance all around knife the sage line is an excellent choice. If you are looking for something serrated that is pretty much a pocket chainsaw the harpy ( a personal favorite) is a classic. Bottom line think about what you need your knife to do and if possible go and handle the models you like at a dealer and make your choice based on that. The great thing is there really isn't a bad choice in their line up.
  • CrazyD likes this

#7 stoddy9311

stoddy9311

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

endura, resilience, tenacious, police, sage...all good knives. not a fan boy as such but like Spyderco knives, 

#8 jmac

jmac

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

The Techno for me. I have lots of "high end knives", and my go to is the Techno for some reason.

#9 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

My favorite Spyderco is my Enduro Wave. But it's been replaced by my Emerson :D

#10 harley07

harley07

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

+ 1 on the tenacious, I carry one daily and it does all I need it to. I'm a mechanic so usually cutting chores can be a little hard on knives if there of cheaper quality. I think I paid around 25 dollars for mine on the bay. The handle scales are nice and grippy,its got a fairly large blade for an edc knife, but I kind of like the excess if I chip or nick the blade somehow I still have plenty of cutting surface to work with. The low-pro four way clip is nice too as the knife doesn't draw a lot of attention so going gray elsewhere than work isn't a problem. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users