• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Their packs are awesome brother... In fact they have me looking into their other gear.

Edited by DeathwatchDoc, 21 January 2015 - 12:37 PM.

89BccLb.png

#22 tremis

tremis

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

I fucking detest jeans. I dont wear denim shirts (I'm not from Oklahoma) I dont wear denim jackets (not 1985) and I'm not going to wear Denim pants. Please tell me you guys that wear jeans dont wear jean shorts, those things are gayer than Elton John pulling out of Richard Simmons. Cargo shorts and cargo pants , without them I'd have to carry a purse, although I'd still be straighter than a dude in jean shorts.

• pira114 likes this

#23 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

I fucking detest jeans. I dont wear denim shirts (I'm not from Oklahoma) I dont wear denim jackets (not 1985) and I'm not going to wear Denim pants. Please tell me you guys that wear jeans dont wear jean shorts, those things are gayer than Elton John pulling out of Richard Simmons. Cargo shorts and cargo pants , without them I'd have to carry a purse, although I'd still be straighter than a dude in jean shorts.

You just typed everything I've been thinking.

I have to admit though, in the 80s, I wore a denim jacket everywhere. Haha
  • tremis likes this

#24 farcyde07gti

farcyde07gti

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

Hating on jorts tremis?  No Danny dukes?  Wow.

Jeans have their place in blending in.  Being just another dude in the crowd has advantages so the question was around how to fit gear to that choice if the situation warrants.  Day-to-day around the house and around friends it's cargos for sure.

#25 flashlightsolutions

flashlightsolutions

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

a big advantage for jeans is that once you set up your carry it is no hassle to move it to dress pants.

There is a less classic, 5-pocket style that it is very presentable AND functional. Especially the cool wool fabric ones.

In between, there are canvas pants that are practically jeans in the cut, but the textile is solid black or dark blue.

I wear Wrangler Texas Stretch jeans and I can find the same cut in strech solid black.

Add a shirt and a leather jacket and you can walk into any fancy restaurant in them.

Edited by flashlightsolutions, 22 January 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#26 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

I dont wear denim shirts (I'm not from Oklahoma)

What's sad is I literally have never seen anyone in any other state wear jean shorts.
  • tremis likes this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#27 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

What's sad is I literally have never seen anyone in any other state wear jean shorts.

Wisconsin. In the mid to late 80s, jean shorts were all the rage on the west coast. So Wisconsin should be getting them about now.
  • MightyP likes this

#28 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

Wisconsin. In the mid to late 80s, jean shorts were all the rage on the west coast. So Wisconsin should be getting them about now.

Saw an entire section dedicated to jean shorts in Sears last summer... I may have to necro post here if the section is back this spring...And this is Minnesota. Maybe the jean shorts are a Midwest thing. Like socks and sandals.

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#29 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

I wouldn't advise necroposting. It's something we are really trying to stop.

89BccLb.png

#30 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

I wouldn't advise necroposting. It's something we are really trying to stop.

Fine... 

Anyway, this post got me thinking that I really should keep a tourniquet on me. And while the CATs are great and easy to use, they're not very conducive to carrying in a pocket, so I picked up a SWAT-T and have been trying it. I've only carried it like this a few days and I'm still working out exactly how I want to carry it, but so far it's not bad. The sealed package is about the size of a wallet, so I put in in my left back pocket. It feels a little weird when I sit, but it's not bad. And since if I'm going to actually use the tourniquet, there's going to be blood, I wanted gloves to go with it. Tried a couple different things and like my current way the best. I just wrap a pair of gloves around the pack and hold them with a rubber band. I may throw a baggie around the whole thing, but I haven't decided yet. Anyway, pictures are below. Put my ITS wallet next to it for scale. 

1422023626990.jpg

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#31 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

No denim shorts here... lol not since 1988 (9years old). lol

#32 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

Fine... 

Anyway, this post got me thinking that I really should keep a tourniquet on me. And while the CATs are great and easy to use, they're not very conducive to carrying in a pocket, so I picked up a SWAT-T and have been trying it. I've only carried it like this a few days and I'm still working out exactly how I want to carry it, but so far it's not bad. The sealed package is about the size of a wallet, so I put in in my left back pocket. It feels a little weird when I sit, but it's not bad. And since if I'm going to actually use the tourniquet, there's going to be blood, I wanted gloves to go with it. Tried a couple different things and like my current way the best. I just wrap a pair of gloves around the pack and hold them with a rubber band. I may throw a baggie around the whole thing, but I haven't decided yet. Anyway, pictures are below. Put my ITS wallet next to it for scale. 

1422023626990.jpg

At work, I carry a CAT and a SWAT-T everyday. Off duty, I carry just the SWAT in my pocket (CAT in a backpack, but it stays in the truck sometimes).

One thing about the SWAT is the packaging will degrade over time. Eventually, it loses the seal. I don't know if the SWAT itself will degrade over time without the seal, so they get rotated to training at that point. But they're cheap enough at $9, that I don't mind the cost once every 12 to 18 months. And it's nice to replenish the training TQs from time to time.

#33 farcyde07gti

farcyde07gti

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

I think the SWAT is OK for buddy rescue but I've tried a few times to get a good lock with it on my own upper arm or leg and it is really more of a compression bandage best case.  I guess that's better than nothing and unless you're in the wilderness that might be plenty.  Good thought.  I have a few I've accumulated and they do pack easier.

#34 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:37 AM

I think the SWAT is OK for buddy rescue but I've tried a few times to get a good lock with it on my own upper arm or leg and it is really more of a compression bandage best case.  I guess that's better than nothing and unless you're in the wilderness that might be plenty.  Good thought.  I have a few I've accumulated and they do pack easier.

It can be done. Takes a bit of practice. I can get it done on a leg easy. Even one handed. An arm is not so easy. But I've done it in training.

They do make a great pressure bandage and that’s why I like them. Dual role
  • iExpresso likes this

#35 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Thread got me thinking, I broke down and got a pair of vertx phantoms for $40. Now I can carry my TQ and a bit of extra kit.
  • cmattmiller likes this

#36 wearethesound

wearethesound

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

TAD has a pair of blue jeans "Intercept PD Pant" has 8 pockets yet still looks like a normal 5 pocket jean. More expensive ($135) then a normal pair but given the build quality and durability of the ones I already have I'd say they would last a lifetime, although they are currently sold out might be a solution to your problem but only if you bought a few pair if you wear jeans daily. I'll probably pick up a pair when they come back in-stock just to add a little diversity to my current attire. I usually wear their "covert" style pants, I like the lower profile of not having "bulging" cargo pockets. If you plan to purchase a pair be sure to read the "specs" tab they list out the sizing changes after washing so you can get an idea of what size to buy so that they still fit.

• farcyde07gti likes this

#37 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

Vertx pants came in today.  I may rarely wear jeans again.  They really look like regular pants unless you're within a foot or two.  And they actually fit true to size.  The divider in the cargo pocket holds my SOFT-T Wide vertically perfectly.   

#38 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

I have always liked jeans, dont know why, maybe they just feel more comfortable.

I am usally carrying:

M&Pc Appendix IWB
FR - Espada Knife, Flash light, Leatherman

FL - Espada Knife, phone
RR - CRKT Knife, ITS EDC Medkit
RL - Wallet w/ picks, Tac Pen

Sometimes a IWB fixed blade and/or OWB CAT TQ depnding on my day.

I like it but my wife hates it. She says all the extra weight sags my paints down and makes me look awful. Im already married so i dont really care :P But as the jeans wear out she trashes them and replaces them with cargo pants that she really digs. I just have two pairs of jeans left. I did two days of training not to long ago and ripped up my cargos and switched to jeans mid way. I can see whats she means, those jeans looked awful in the pictures.

• mangeface likes this
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

#39 tremis

tremis

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

I just got a pair of VertX today. I am a big fan so far.

#40 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

Just thought of something relevant to this discussion, the S+S precision 757 denim, which is designed for concealed carry and with extra pockets. Doubt it's cheap though.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EDC, Clothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users