Photo

What is a good Tactical boot? Needs to be black and waterproof with composite toe?

boots tactical Blackhawk Black Ops

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bludsrevenge

bludsrevenge

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

I have owned the Blackhawk Black Ops Composite toe boots and loved them.

Unfortunately it is impossible to find this boot anywhere anymore in my size.

I owned my blackhawks for 2 years before my exgirlfried burned them because she knew I loved them.

Need to have the following things:

Be black

Waterproof

Composite Toe

I need to be able to run in them and maneuver with ease. So lightweight.

Have to work great running in a city

Any suggestions on a good boot that matches this criteria would be much appreciated

#2 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

i've looked at Lowa Z85's havent purchased yet cause the need hasnt outweighed my want yet ... that and my next pair of boots will be from the boot campaign. I ran across a great review of the lowa's here: http://loadoutroom.c...s-gtx-reviewed/ there are also a lot of other good reviews on other boots.

#3 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

Why is safety toe a requirement

#4 bludsrevenge

bludsrevenge

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

i've looked at Lowa Z85's havent purchased yet cause the need hasnt outweighed my want yet ... that and my next pair of boots will be from the boot campaign. I ran across a great review of the lowa's here: http://loadoutroom.c...s-gtx-reviewed/ there are also a lot of other good reviews on other boots.

Those look like a great pair of boots. Unfortunately it is a bit out of my price range. I can only afford 100-200$ max for the boots I pick.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Maybe if I have some extra money at some point.

Why is safety toe a requirement

Because I am a extremely clumsy. I drop things on my feet every day. Along with walk into things. For the time I had the composite toe blackhawks it was almost like I was not a moron for a whole 2 years. Not to mention great to have that hard piece to kick with in a fight. It really makes a difference.

If it was not for the safety toe on my blackhawks I would have completely broken all of my toes on one of my feet. Although its doubtful someone will drop a 1000 pound display case on my foot again. Still nice to have.

Also it needs to be a composite toe vs any other kind because I fly a lot. Composite is the only material that has no issue gong through security.

I really wish someone still carried those blackhawks in a size 14.

#5 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

This is the composite toe version of what I wear to work. I love them. Light, durable, comfortable, good soles. Bellevilles can handle some abuse. Swore by that brand in the military, swear by them now. Better imo than bates or danner. Never did try lowa though
http://www.bellevill...ct_detail&p=120

Edited by PSDRyan, 23 January 2015 - 09:47 PM.

• DeathwatchDoc likes this

#6 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

You can search the model number and pick them up a lot cheaper than direct btw.

#7 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

http://www.qmuniform...ot#.VMMZPy5Ratg

My first pair from 2006 just finally fell apart, 9 years later.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#8 bludsrevenge

bludsrevenge

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

This is the composite toe version of what I wear to work. I love them. Light, durable, comfortable, good soles. Bellevilles can handle some abuse. Swore by that brand in the military, swear by them now. Better imo than bates or danner. Never did try lowa though
http://www.bellevill...ct_detail&p=120

Those look great. 
Thank you for the link
How is maneuverability in them? I run 5 hours every day and I will be wearing them during that time. All on concrete and pavement.

http://www.qmuniform...ot#.VMMZPy5Ratg

My first pair from 2006 just finally fell apart, 9 years later.

These look great. Not waterproof. Lucky the same boot is made waterproof.

How comfortable are they? I will be wearing them all day every day.

How is maneuverability in them? I run 5 hours every day and I will be wearing them during that time. All on concrete and pavement.

So I am now certain I will be purchasing one of these two boots thanks to you two:

http://www.bellevill...120#prettyPhoto

http://www.batesfoot...t?dimensions=28

Now the problem is going to be deciding which ones to go with. I really wish I could try them on. That is the issue with purchasing these types of things online. I have to be sure of what I am getting before I order.

Ill look up more reviews

Edited by bludsrevenge, 24 January 2015 - 12:47 AM.

#9 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

Of those two, I'd take the Belleville. I've had two different Bates (not the one listed) that fell apart on me. But I suspect it was their cheaper line.

Just my opinion

#10 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:10 AM

I have a different pair of Belleville boots and I absolutely love them. I am a size 12.5 which normally means sliding around in anything I buy or wearing something far too tight, Belleville makes a lot of their made in America lines with half sizes all the way up to whatever the max size is.

89BccLb.png

#11 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

I have a pair of Danner TFX that have both a composite toe and Gore Tex. They are super comfy. Mine are sage green, being Air Force, but I bet they make them in black.

While I breathe I shall defend.

#12 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

Those bellevilles feel like tennis shoes.  I've had to do boots and utes runs in them and it ain't bad at all.  As for the bates...a coworker of mine somehow managed to blow out both zippers on his in a fight the other day.  My first set of military boots were bates and I wasn't a fan. 

#13 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

It appears I'm the only Bates fan here. Unlike everyone's negative experiences, I've had nothing but positive ones. My military boots were all Bates. No issues. Running in the boots I listed isn't an issue. I regularly used to run in them as well.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#14 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

Ive never had issues with bates boots. My daily boot (when I'm not in flip flops) is the garmont t4 which is gortex lined. That thing is ridiculously comfortable, almost like tactical shoes. Ive worn them at myddy outdoor ranges, in the rain and snow, and even while hiking all around in petra, jordan, and they have never let me down. No safety toe, however, so that might be a deal breaker.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#15 bludsrevenge

bludsrevenge

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

I have a pair of Danner TFX that have both a composite toe and Gore Tex. They are super comfy. Mine are sage green, being Air Force, but I bet they make them in black.

It looks like they only come in that color.

Reviews online for the Belleville are perfect.

Lots of bad reviews for the bates boots.

A lot of people said the specific ones I would be ordering come apart within 5 months.

So looks like I am going with the Bellevilles.

I just wish they had a steel shank.

Makes climbing so much easier.

#16 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Do you need waterproofness? A full leather boot properly looked after and waxed is nigh on waterproof and a whole lot more breathable and quick to dry than a GTX boot.

Also for the toe cap, some brands (I know 5.11 did) do a ridge that goes around the toe box but doesn't go over it, so you don't get the cutting into your foot when bending down. They called it a kick toe.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boots, tactical, Blackhawk, Black Ops

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)