18 replies to this topic

#1 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

Anyone running one that can provide some pro's & con's ? I have a 300 dollar gift card to Amazon (burning a hole in my pocket) and since my wife is in need of a good pack for work i'm thinking about setting her up with the 5.11 Covrt18 I currently use (she currently has a swag pack tech show special thats a complete piece of shit) and transitioning myself to the Vertx. 

#2 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

For me, the Gamut Plus is just way too big.  I've got the Gamut, and love it completely.  I'm 5'9 and a slender frame.  So the Plus wouldn't fit me well even if I wanted to use it.  But in all honesty, the Gamut is already bigger than I need for my day-to-day essentials.

NoTMZyB.png

#3 headrusch

headrusch

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

I have the Gamut Plus LE and so far I love it. It seems big, but its perfect for what I use it for as well. I'm using it for school books right now while I go through my Dept's paramedic program, but allows me to carry my coffee mug and nalgene bottle int he pockets on the outside. Then on the inside back lining I have my glock 23 and two extra mags hidden in there with the tactigami they offer. The other pockets allow me to keep my flashlight and other accessories. So far I love the pack. I have a GR1 as well and the Gamut is much more functional. 

#4 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

I have the standard Gamut and have pimped it on everyone I know.  One of the best bags I've owned and I've had some pretty serious baggage... er... you know what I meant.

I don't have the plus because of the size, it's just too big for my needs.  The standard Gamut fits my laptop perfectly and I can carry everything I need for a day +1 EDC.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#5 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

I have the standard Gamut and have pimped it on everyone I know.  One of the best bags I've owned and I've had some pretty serious baggage... er... you know what I meant.
I don't have the plus because of the size, it's just too big for my needs.  The standard Gamut fits my laptop perfectly and I can carry everything I need for a day +1 EDC.

What size laptop are you running? I have a 15" Lenovo that fits in the 5.11 covrt18, but snug. I imagine the gamut is about the same size as the covrt18?... Now that I'm home I'm going to do some more comparisons

#6 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:55 AM

I have the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13.  I think had I purchased the 15, the fit would have been even better since there is room to play inside the compartment.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#7 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

I have a Macbook Pro Retina 15 and it fits fine in the normal gamut. Room to spare to be honest. 

89BccLb.png

#8 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

So, I bought the regular size gamut! Got it about 30 minutes ago! my first review based on opening the box .... HOLY SHIT!!! this thing is awesome!

I cant wait to get it loaded out - stay tuned!

#9 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

I spent the last 2 months searching bags from a lot of criteria and the Gamut Plus just kept coming to the top of the list.
So I handled most of the top contenders at SHOT and feel the Gamut is indeed what I'm settling on. The MysteryRanch ASAP is really close, but I think I'll get a MR for backwoods packing and the Gamut for EDC.

It really seems to be a great setup.

Edit. Just found this. Many Vertyx bags on sale at DVOR

http://www.dvor.com/...s-74-2015-02-03

Edited by Klarktx, 04 February 2015 - 08:33 PM.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#10 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

I'm constantly passing out Dvor.com invites... oohhh lookie there!  Theres another one!

Use this link to sign up!:  http://www.dvor.com/s/78l8c2

#11 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

thanks guys for giving me yet another avenue to be separated from my money ... 

#12 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

Dvor is good about putting Vertx on sale every few weeks.

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#13 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

ITS: The Brotherhood of Enablers
  • mangeface, CalicoJack, Jersey0311 and 2 others like this

89BccLb.png

#14 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

ITS: The Brotherhood of Enablers

i feel like there should be a special ITS patch for that!! ...  

• mangeface and EMSWxSAR like this

#15 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:43 PM

i feel like there should be a special ITS patch for that!! ...

"BoE" which a pic of the shopping cart
  • mangeface, nroeber78 and EMSWxSAR like this

#16 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

"BoE" which a pic of the shopping cart

I bet ITS won't do it. I don't think they have the manhood to do it.
  • spenceman, Jersey0311, nroeber78 and 2 others like this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#17 LogicBob

LogicBob

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

For me, the Gamut Plus is just way too big.  I've got the Gamut, and love it completely.  I'm 5'9 and a slender frame.  So the Plus wouldn't fit me well even if I wanted to use it.  But in all honesty, the Gamut is already bigger than I need for my day-to-day essentials.

^^^ I agree on all points. The Gamut is way too big for me to EDC (I use a Maxpedition Sitka) but I REALLY love my Gamut for a Get Home Bag. It's not too big, in general, but i have to think the Plus would be... But then again, i am only 5'9", 150lbs. I am VERY impressed by the quality and features of this bag though. I am a bit of a Maxpedition fanboy but the Gamut blows my Maxpedition gear out of the water! My one complaint with it is I wish it had a quality hip belt. I'm hoping I can add one myself.
LB

#18 LogicBob

LogicBob

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

Dvor is good about putting Vertx on sale every few weeks.

DVOR is awesome! That's where I got my Gamut (and about $1,000 in other gear I didn't know I needed last year). A few tips: try promo codes "10off" and "freeship" and watch out for delayed ship times (stated on the product page). Oh, and their product descriptions SUCK. They are often wrong (photos included)! I haver seen folding knives listed as fixed, blade steels and grind styles wrong, other materials incorrectly listed... Check the mfg item numbersnumbers on another site before ordering!
Happy spending!
LB

Edited by LogicBob, 07 February 2015 - 10:52 AM.

• Klarktx likes this

#19 USMC

USMC

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

I love DVOR also. I get daily emails with killer deals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users