7 replies to this topic

#1 Alex721

Alex721

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

Hello everyone, i am currently looking for ideas as to things to put in my truck firearms equipment and otherwise. I can legally own rifles (I dont have an AR or AK yet but i am looking into getting one, probably going to build an AR out using PSA for kits and such), i am not quite old enough for handguns sadly. However with that said i am currently looking for a load out type bag and suggestions on items to put into it. I do have a bag that i am starting as a sort of get home bag which will be separate from this new load out bag, but there is not anything really noteworthy in there yet, need to begin building my system again. 

My current ideas are either a blackhawk load out bag of some sort, the INCOG Rifle case from HSP or a nice safe that stores a rifle/mag etc. Also i am wondering about just basic suggestions on stuff to put in the bag.

Mag count, extra ammo, accessories for the gun, things like that. Thanks for the help all!

Alex

#2 smokey

smokey

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNorthern Utah

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

I personally dont have a truck gun but if I did it would likely be a beater shotgun that I could afford to lose in an absolute worst case scenario.

If you are dead set on an AR/AK style rifle I would just say a basic otis cleaning kit, some fire clean, 2-4 spare mags in the bag, and a multitool. For the bag itself I would honestly just use a small assault style pack. Anything more than that would be overkill in my mind, vest setups are so damned expensive that I could never imagine leaving one in my vehicle. If you do want some way to carry it all I would just use a cheap belt setup.

#3 Alex721

Alex721

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

I personally dont have a truck gun but if I did it would likely be a beater shotgun that I could afford to lose in an absolute worst case scenario.

If you are dead set on an AR/AK style rifle I would just say a basic otis cleaning kit, some fire clean, 2-4 spare mags in the bag, and a multitool. For the bag itself I would honestly just use a small assault style pack. Anything more than that would be overkill in my mind, vest setups are so damned expensive that I could never imagine leaving one in my vehicle. If you do want some way to carry it all I would just use a cheap belt setup.

Thanks for the input, i do fancy the idea of a shotgun, it seems plausible for what i would want it for. Vests are pretty dang expensive, it seems that it would be more effective to just have the one main set up and not another best specifically for the truck. 

Again, thank you for the input!

Alex

#4 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for the input, i do fancy the idea of a shotgun, it seems plausible for what i would want it for. Vests are pretty dang expensive, it seems that it would be more effective to just have the one main set up and not another best specifically for the truck. 

Again, thank you for the input!

Alex

I have a LBT Loadout bag with all the 'tactical' gear in it. However, that stays in the house and only gets loaded into the truck occasionally.  That bag contains a plate carrier with D3 chest rig, battle belt, bump helmet w/ pvs-14, boots a set of TruSpec TDUs, etc.  Up in AK my truck gun was a sporterized mosin for much the same reason as the beater shotgun...I wouldn't cry if it was lost or damaged.    

In my truck I keep a survival/get home bag courtesy of a few years spent in Alaska.   That has the basics including a wool blanket and SOL Bivy, full change of clothes, rain gear and cold weather gear.  Signaling and fire starting supplies.  etc etc.  

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#5 Alex721

Alex721

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

I have a LBT Loadout bag with all the 'tactical' gear in it. However, that stays in the house and only gets loaded into the truck occasionally.  That bag contains a plate carrier with D3 chest rig, battle belt, bump helmet w/ pvs-14, boots a set of TruSpec TDUs, etc.  Up in AK my truck gun was a sporterized mosin for much the same reason as the beater shotgun...I wouldn't cry if it was lost or damaged.    

In my truck I keep a survival/get home bag courtesy of a few years spent in Alaska.   That has the basics including a wool blanket and SOL Bivy, full change of clothes, rain gear and cold weather gear.  Signaling and fire starting supplies.  etc etc.  

Thank you for the comment my friend, I'm not sure if i will be keeping in there constantly or only having it in certain situations. The idea of a Mosin, seeing as how it is dirt cheap and all seems like a very very good idea. It would seem that you have a very nice set up going on there for sure. Thank you very much for the good ideas and i will definitely think through all of these options!

#6 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

If you're going the shotgun route (better than Mosin in my opinion) a battle belt set up for a pistol and shotgun would work pretty good. Could be set up cheap and would fit good in a bag.

Don't forget survival gear. Probably more important for getting home.

In a backpack, you could fit a decent tarp, couple days of food and a water straw (plus some water pouches) and fire starting stuff. Basic fire starting kit. Rain poncho. Etc etc.

As for Mosins, I'm not knocking them. I have three. But a shotgun with 00buck and some slugs is pretty versatile. Could be used for defense and hunting. Ammo would be easier to find over the Mosin. And they're pretty durable.

This thread could go on for weeks, costing you thousands. I'd keep it simple, especially since it could be stolen.

#7 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

Hello everyone, i am currently looking for ideas as to things to put in my truck firearms equipment and otherwise. I can legally own rifles (I dont have an AR or AK yet but i am looking into getting one, probably going to build an AR out using PSA for kits and such), i am not quite old enough for handguns sadly. However with that said i am currently looking for a load out type bag and suggestions on items to put into it. I do have a bag that i am starting as a sort of get home bag which will be separate from this new load out bag, but there is not anything really noteworthy in there yet, need to begin building my system again. 

My current ideas are either a blackhawk load out bag of some sort, the INCOG Rifle case from HSP or a nice safe that stores a rifle/mag etc. Also i am wondering about just basic suggestions on stuff to put in the bag.

Mag count, extra ammo, accessories for the gun, things like that. Thanks for the help all!

Alex

I have the INCOG bag. It's a good bag for a truck gun.

You'll need your weapon, gear to support the weapon, bullets, bandages, and some food/water wouldn't hurt.

http://blog.predator...raining-in.html

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#8 Alex721

Alex721

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

I have the INCOG bag. It's a good bag for a truck gun.

You'll need your weapon, gear to support the weapon, bullets, bandages, and some food/water wouldn't hurt.

http://blog.predator...raining-in.html

Those are definitely great references, watching those videos is what sparked this whole whole idea of mine! Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users