11 replies to this topic

#1 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

Earlier this week I was at a SWAT Conference which also included a trade show exhibit.  I had the pleasure of spending some time with Pat, a regional Rep for Vertx.  This was the first year that we have had Vertx representation at the show (I'm going to take some credit here, since I've been asking specifically for Vertx on the evaluation form each of the last two years).  I knew Pat from his previous experience representing a Vertx competitor (which shall remain nameless).  So we've had bag whore discussions in the past.  I had actually demoed a couple of bags courtesy of Pat before.  This time around, I was showing him the modifications I had made to my trusty Gamut pack.  I also showed him the youtube video I did that shows the bag in action http://(https://www....?v=EJQU7EKTYgg).  I'll admit, I was probably gushing a bit about how much I love the brand (couldn't help myself).  But that probably would have been evident by the pants, jacket, and backpack that I was wearing anyway.  Fast forward to today, I received a care package from Vertx HQ including the following:

Phantom OPS Airflow pants http://www.wearvertx...flage-Mesh.aspx

Phantom LT Pants http://www.wearvertx...ical-Pants.aspx

CORE Casual Pants http://www.wearvertx...sual-pants.aspx

Phantom LT Shirt http://www.wearvertx...eeve-Shirt.aspx

Thanks Vertx!

IMG_20150403_130102551.jpg

• SKD_Tactical, Jersey0311, Corbs and 4 others like this

NoTMZyB.png

#2 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

Damn man, that's a good haul.

I've got a pair of the Phantom LT pants and love them. My only deal with them is they fit a little slimmer than some other brands in the same size. now that I've dropped some weight they fit just fine.

Glad to see Vertex taking care of our LEO team members. Just another reason to keep buying their gear.

La'

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#3 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

Nice! And I've loved everything I've bought from them. Great products.

Quick question for you, since you are the ITS Vertx expert. What do you think of their polo shirts? Got the email they're on sale and I was wondering if they're cut long enough to conceal a firearm when untucked?

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#4 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

I actually don't own any of their polos... I saw the same sale you're referring too but didn't take the jump because they're cotton.  

NoTMZyB.png

#5 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

Obligatory Cotton is Rotten Statement....

I got one of their polos for becoming a S&W armorer and I really hated how it was cut. I am extremely trim and fit... the thing was baggy as hell. I would definitely watch the measurements and try to account for shrinkage as best as possible. It did feel well made and awesome, like typical Vertx.

89BccLb.png

#6 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:25 AM

While I don't have the Vertx polo's per se, I do have the Vertx polo style long sleeved shirts and they are my favorite go to shirt for work.

They are heavy and very well made.  While I can agree with DeathwatchDoc in that they are a bit on the baggy side I didn't have the chance to try a smaller shirt to compare fit.  It's possible they are just on the large side of the fitment scale.

I have no problems covering my daily carry with these (coldback) shirts.

Edited by DStevenson, 04 April 2015 - 07:26 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#7 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

Hmmm...  32x32

I think those would fit me nicely :)

• SwatDawg335 likes this

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#8 Highwaystreets

Highwaystreets

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Free shit is always nice.....good to see a company that still does stuff like this!! They just went up in my books.... Gonna look into their stuff now.

I think they are on promotive as well.... I'll go look and see what their deals are.

Edit: yes they are on promotive.....

Edited by Highwaystreets, 04 April 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#9 B+Shooter

B+Shooter

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

I had a slightly similar experience with a Vertx rep.  I went to the local uniform shop to drop off stuff/pick up an order, while the Vertx rep was doing his presentation to the manager.  I mentioned to both the rep and manager how much I liked my khaki pants (I was wearing them) compared to the competitor's brand.  I spent a little time talking to both of them about other Vertx products, grabbed my stuff and left.  The next time I went into the shop to pick up other gear, the manager went and got a package containing a new pair of Vertx khakis that the rep had sent for me.  

I've been very happy with all their gear, and the hookup from the rep was just icing on the cake!

• SwatDawg335 likes this

#10 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

Clearly the first two days of rep training at Vertx consists of sizing people by eye to send them perfectly fitting clothes a few days after meeting.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#11 B+Shooter

B+Shooter

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:07 PM

Clearly the first two days of rep training at Vertx consists of sizing people by eye to send them perfectly fitting clothes a few days after meeting.

I'm pretty sure in my case, he just asked the manager who already had my sizes on file.

#12 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:34 AM

Nah, my guy asked me what size pants I wear.  So I figured there was at least the possibility that I'd see something come down the line.  But the trade show ended on a Tuesday, and this stuff was at my door by the end of the week.  It's one thing when you get freebies from a company who are just trying to push an inferior product to anyone who will listen.  It's a whole other ball game when you get a couple hundred dollars worth of clothing that you would have purchased eventually on your own anyway.  I already wear their pants every day to work, so this was a fantastic get.

Btw- the Core Casual pants are great!  I wore them yesterday for the first time.  They go great with a dress shirt.  The front pockets are the same as typical Vertx pants, so there's enough room for me to clip my knife and still get my cell phone in and out (pretty much impossible with standard dress pants, especially when you've got to work around the holster on your hip).  I'm definitely going to dump all of my dress pants over time and get a few more Core Casual's for things like court appearances, and meetings.  

• B+Shooter likes this

NoTMZyB.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users